Gigabyte, in their infinite wisdom, decided to remove the option to disable serial ports, and not being able to do so has been causing me some problems. I know that I have to either use a patch in clover, or create a custom SSDT to disable super I/O, but I honestly do not know how to go about doing this. One of the weirder problems I'm experiencing is the inability to connect to Apple Music (error 11556) unless I go into my network settings, and delete my serial connection. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be greatly appreciated; anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this.
Mobo GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING (UEFI F8)
CPU: i5 9600k
RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 w/ 8GB of VRAM (MSI armor oc edition)
Storage Samsung 970 evo 500GB
I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you.
A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.
This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F10, 9900k with a Vega 56 but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware
8700k, 9600k, 9700k, 9900k
RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
(If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)
@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)
• Intel I9 9900k @5.1Ghz
• Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
• Sapphire Nitro+ SE Vega56 ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
• Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB @3200mhz (2 x 8GB)
• Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
• EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
• Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.1
• Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)
• Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
• Hardware Acceleration
• Sleep & Wake
• Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
• Netflix on Safari browser
• Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)
CLOVER EFI FOLDERS
please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F10 to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f10.zip - Z390 MASTER Bios Revision F10
Use this folder with igpu Enabled in bios for working Sidecar (Updated 1st Nov)
AudioGods Z390 Master Vega Navi EFI.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi & Radeon VII DSDT
AudioGods Z390 Master RX EFI.zip - RX Series DSDT
ADDITIONAL DSDT's (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)
To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)
If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
BroadcomFix.zip (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F10)
• Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 512MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup
Ciao ragazzi, sono incappato in un problema che di sicuro sono io stupido.
Premetto che: Chiavetta 32giga, formattata Journaled e GUID, Clover installato.
In primis la cartella che crea Clover dei Driver non si chiama drivers64EFI e ne crea una drivers e basta, de facto non legge i driver e di conseguenza la chiavetta per fare l'installazione.
Pazienza, ho scaricato i driver altrove e li ho buttati in una cartella drivers64EFI, ergo chiavetta rilevata dentro clover.
Arrivo all'utility disco, inizializzo l'SSD(samsung 860pro) in APFS e facendo partire l'installer non mi fa cliccare l'SSD APPENA formattato dicendomi che sto provando ad installare un MacOS più VECCHIO di quello attualmente installato o.0????????
Ok, CMD Q e torno all'utility, formatto in Journaled ma nulla di fatto, mi ridice la stessa frase. Faccio hackintosh da snow leopard ma una roba del genere mai vista.
La chiavetta l'ho creata col classico create installer media da una virtual machine con Mojave. E il driver APFS l'ho cercato apposta per 10.13 e i driver scaricati li ho trovati sul web per una MOBO identica alla mia ma Mojave (Aorus Ultra Z390).
Non ne vengo a capo. Devo forse formattare la chiavetta in MBR?
GRAZIE A TUTTI e soz per la nabbaggine
View File Bootdisk Utility
Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
Feel free to "Rate File"
Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders
HackPro X99 System
Until Apple blesses us with the MacPro7,1 – this is for those that require tools to do their work.
An appropriate bicycle for the mind.
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2678 v3 (12 core, 2.5 GHz / 3.3 GHz Boost)
Motherboard: SZMZ X99-8D3
RAM: 16GB DDR3-14900R 1866Mhz ECC RDIMM modules
GPU: Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB
Storage: Phison E12 m.2 NVMe PCI-E 3.0 x4 SSD
Water blocks: BARROW CPU + GPU
Radiator: 360mm x 25mm slim
Case dimensions: 431 mm x 342 mm x 177 mm
Win 10 x64 v1809
AIDA64 - Cache & Memory
Anyone else I forgot