X-Chat sysinfo script

Prasys

26 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Remember when the great Spaz created the xChatSysInfo scripts for us all. It worked fine with the OSX 10.4.4 Kernel [8.4.1] , but then with the new OSX 10.4.8 Release by Jas , it messed up everything. It fails to show /macinfo because of somekind of system profiler error .So I had to fix this [i would like to thank DiegoMax here and some folks] and then added some other minor fixes [that includes Quartz 2D Extreme Detection fix] and 'speed' improvement [a little , i dont know what i messed] and it works with x-chat 0.15.2 , and the latest version

ChangeLog

# Version 7 : added PPC compatability

# Version 7.1p : fixes for 10.4.8, other minor fixes, speed improvements - prasys

# Version 7.2j : minor fixes, speed improvements, better CPU detection, better CPU detection,

# added CPU feature detection, added kernel version to OS info, added config

# options, changed /macupdate to use new server. - Joey

# Version 7.2.1 : better support for real Macs, dual core machines, dual processors, etc. also

# fixes a bug for CPUs under 1GHz. - Joey

# Version 7.2.1a : fixes a minor bug in computer detection.

# Version 7.2.1b : fixes more bugs

# Version 7.2.2 : fixes bug that shows 2x CPUs on HTT CPUs, displays "AMD64" instead of "EM64T"

# for 64-bit AMD CPUs, adds configuation options so that users can change what

# gets displayed with /macinfo by default

# Version 7.2.2a : changes text colour from black to "no colour"

# Version 7.2.2b : fixes 7.2.2a

# Version 7.2.2c : fixes 7.2.2 bug on non-HTT CPUs

Installation

Download : http://n-lp.com/~osx/

Installation Instrucitons : Just drop this file to Application --> X-Chat Aqua ----> Plugins . Just drop it there and start x-chat

To 'show-off' your mac in the #chatrooms , simply type /macinfo - Please dont spam. If you have any problems , just hop by to #scripts - irc.macspeak.net

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 7.4 is released. Version 7.3 had a limited release, and was basically skipped over. Here's a changelog:

Version 7.3	: fixes battery info for 8.8.1 kernel [10.4.8], adds 'machine' argument, changes
			 RAM output slightly with ideas from GivemHell, fixes typo in /mactunes full as
			 well as changing the output slightly, added video driver detection, added more
			 kernel info, fixed colour output so it looks right in other clients
Version 7.4	: changes PPC detection to the CPU rather than the machine, adds network
			 information, added FSB detection

Grab 7.4 here: http://www.n-lp.com/~osx/XInfoAqua.7.4.zip, or do a /macupdate

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the script. Been testing it out for a few months now. I notice some issues when giving it /macinfo bw This will list all stats instead and combining a command with bw also will not display bw stats. I was looking through the script and saw its using netstat. Is it possible to use netstat to get output of current interface throughput? If not what could be used? Maybe add this option to the next version? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi- I tried this script 7.4 on my ibook G3 300 mhz and I'm rewarded with this:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/nick01/Desktop/X-Chat Aqua/Plugins/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 1248, in domacinfo

getinfo(word)

File "/Users/nick01/Desktop/X-Chat Aqua/Plugins/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 586, in getinfo

tempf = float(tempf.strip('.'))

ValueError: empty string for float()

B)

• 1 month later...

just installed in on x-chat on my mac pro

doesnt pick up the FSB speed correctly

MacPro CPU: Intel Xeon 5150 2.66GHz @ 2.66GHz [sSE3/PAE/XD/EM64T/VMX/EST/DualCore] L2 Cache: 4096K FSB: 333MHz RAM: 328.0MB/1.0GB Virtual: 0.00M/64.00M Disk: 247.94GB/530.34GB Display: ATY,RadeonX1900 [512 MB/CI/QE/Stock] 1680x1050 OS: Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P2137) Kernel: Darwin 8.9.1 Net: [en0/In: 1.81MB/Out: 229.03KB] U

should be 1333MHz not 333MHz

• 3 months later...

File "/Applications/X-Chat Aqua/plugins/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 1248, in domacinfo
     getinfo(word)
   File "/Applications/X-Chat Aqua/plugins/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 807, in getinfo
     line = trim(line[1])
 IndexError: list index out of range
* MACINFO :Unknown command.

...is all I get from it.

• 1 month later...

I was also looking for an newer release of the script.. it the problem is a place to host it then that i can help with but am just getting gray haris of looking in the script to find why it makes the error... What i can findout in the script is when it wants the kernel date or atleast it is on my PowerBook G4 dont know about the new intel macs if it is the same place the error comes...

[13:31]   Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/paranoid/Desktop/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 1248, in domacinfo
getinfo(word)
File "/Users/paranoid/Desktop/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 782, in getinfo
kernel = stripit2(temp)
File "/Users/paranoid/Desktop/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 1589, in stripit2
temp = trim(temp[1])
* macinfo :Unknown command

That is the error i gets on my G4 when i run the sysinfo script in OSX 10.5 build 529 and it has been the same error up the builds.. From the first build, but at that time i was able to paas it if i just took the and run the script with out the kernel info...

And for help with hosting then PM my and i will make an place on my server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get the same error message pointed some posts before but my CPU supports SSE3, what Im doing wrong?

File "/Applications/X-Chat Aqua/Plugins/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 1248, in domacinfo
getinfo(word)
File "/Applications/X-Chat Aqua/Plugins/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 782, in getinfo
kernel = stripit2(temp)
File "/Applications/X-Chat Aqua/Plugins/XInfoAqua.7.4.py", line 1589, in stripit2
temp = trim(temp[1])
* macinfo :Unknown command

running leopard with pc_efi and 9.1.0 vanilla kernel

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates; I haven't had OS X installed and working for nearly a year now. The latest version is still 7.4, but now there's also a 7.4l that should work for at least 10.5.0. Please note that you need to configure the script if your network interface is not en0. Open it up in your favorite text editor, scroll down to the __config_net_interface__ line and edit it to your pleasing. There are other settings nearby that you can play with as well.

Edit: Looks like I posted too soon. Madison has released version 8.0 of XInfoAqua! According to him, there are many fixes, and /macupdate works again. Get it here.

Also, if you're having problems with XInfoAqua's /macweather command or just want better weather output, try XWeather. It's a little different from /macweather - to start with, the command is /xw. Also, it uses Yahoo's weather api rather than accuweather and therefore has much better location handling [in other words, it can find your town better] and more data. It also has better settings and should work with any X-Chat client that has a python plugin.

If you have any problems or need a new link, come to #scripts on irc.moofspeak.net; I don't check this thread nearly often enough to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...