MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake DSDT

3,386 posts in this topic

Hi MaLd0n! I really need your help!!!

I have a weird problem with USB 3.0 ports. Suddenly they stoped to work, but not completely. Front panel USB see only USB 2.0 thumb drives, & doesn't see USB 3.0 thumb drives. From back panel working only USB 3.1. I tried to set usb fix in clover configurator, it didn't work. Can you check what is wrong.

Send me Alex’s iMac.zip

Advertisement
3 minutes ago, sashik said:

Hi MaLd0n! I really need your help!!!

I have a weird problem with USB 3.0 ports. Suddenly they stoped to work, but not completely. Front panel USB see only USB 2.0 thumb drives, & doesn't see USB 3.0 thumb drives. From back panel working only USB 3.1. I tried to set usb fix in clover configurator, it didn't work. Can you check what is wrong.

Send me Alex’s iMac.zip

run app updated

RunMe.app.zip

5 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

CLOVER.zip

u boot from usb and all installation steps?

Hi @MaLd0n,

Thanks for the reply. Long story short: 

I'm getting the  "Unable to Open BootCatche.playlist" error, after which the system reboots and goes back into the Clover installer (but the macOS installer never shows up).

I've tried the following:

-  Multiple USB's and installation methods (using DiskWarrior, various terminal options) 

-  Multiple EFI's from people who had a similar setup to mine (8700K, Asus Maximus X Hero Z370, RX 580) 

-  Tried multiple EFI configs based on other people's suggestions 

-  Tried every hardware change that I could think of (iGPU only and removing the dGPU entirely, using just the A1 & A2 memory slots, tried in on an SSD, HDD, M.2, repurposing the fans and corsair h100i cooler, multiple monitors, 4K, 1080p, HDMI and D-Port cables) - literally nothing works. I cannot get the macOS installer to show up. And yes, I've tried every USB port, including the USB 2.0 ones as well as various BIOS settings (both suggested and experimented by myself). And still, I cannot get the macOS installer to show up.

The original thread is here - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333966-please-help-12-hours-and-the-boot-usb-doesnt-boot/ 

I've attached some photos with the verbose errors that I'm getting as well as my latest EFI here -- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QaTqDj9nK76nek_BBNP4btYIh1Z7iLze

There's also a 4K 60 recording of the boot loop.

Any suggestions and advice from anyone in the community would be incredible - as I've tried literally everything that I could think of, and just cannot seem to get this to work (even though my build seems to be one of the easiest ones, hackintosh-wise). 

Thanks,

Daniel 

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

10 hours ago, sashik said:

https://www43.zippyshare.com/v/4NPvk2o9/file.html

5 hours ago, TheXpert said:

Hi @MaLd0n,

Thanks for the reply. Long story short: 

I'm getting the  "Unable to Open BootCatche.playlist" error, after which the system reboots and goes back into the Clover installer (but the macOS installer never shows up).

I've tried the following:

-  Multiple USB's and installation methods (using DiskWarrior, various terminal options) 

-  Multiple EFI's from people who had a similar setup to mine (8700K, Asus Maximus X Hero Z370, RX 580) 

-  Tried multiple EFI configs based on other people's suggestions 

-  Tried every hardware change that I could think of (iGPU only and removing the dGPU entirely, using just the A1 & A2 memory slots, tried in on an SSD, HDD, M.2, repurposing the fans and corsair h100i cooler, multiple monitors, 4K, 1080p, HDMI and D-Port cables) - literally nothing works. I cannot get the macOS installer to show up. And yes, I've tried every USB port, including the USB 2.0 ones as well as various BIOS settings (both suggested and experimented by myself). And still, I cannot get the macOS installer to show up.

The original thread is here - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333966-please-help-12-hours-and-the-boot-usb-doesnt-boot/ 

I've attached some photos with the verbose errors that I'm getting as well as my latest EFI here -- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QaTqDj9nK76nek_BBNP4btYIh1Z7iLze

There's also a 4K 60 recording of the boot loop.

Any suggestions and advice from anyone in the community would be incredible - as I've tried literally everything that I could think of, and just cannot seem to get this to work (even though my build seems to be one of the easiest ones, hackintosh-wise). 

Thanks,

Daniel 

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/p6xuxLwZ/file.html

14 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

how can I try your clover setting if dsdt inside acpi folder any error that I found before I try it?

where I start from to patching dsdt using Maciasl rm-1.31 acpi compiler 6.1 from rehabman to fixing my acpi especially coffeelake i7 8700 with Asus b360g board 

Screenshot 05-03-2018 23.13.59.png

2 hours ago, sashik said:

It doesn't work. It stuck here

IMG_1747.jpeg

update clover bootloader

24 minutes ago, Handzo85 said:

how can I try your clover setting if dsdt inside acpi folder any error that I found before I try it?

where I start from to patching dsdt using Maciasl rm-1.31 acpi compiler 6.1 from rehabman to fixing my acpi especially coffeelake i7 8700 with Asus b360g board 

update compiler

33 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

update clover bootloader

update compiler

doesn't it the latest version maciasl? can you help me compile again my dsdt for proper work with Asus b360g..

thx for any help

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

update clover bootloader

I did what you said (clover 4449), but we have the same situation - boot stuck on the same point.

In the clover folder looks like missing some folders like "themes" , "tools". Do I need to add them from previous clover folder?

1.jpg

2.jpeg

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

check

RiP :lol:

1.jpg.f4dff9d1525e274e2a5a975f10d3a32e.jpg

Alleluia!:angel::pope:

So, what can we do with this?

I tried different patches for usb, but usb 3 is still not working…

And as I said before, the CLOVER folder you provide me, missing some folders, is it ok?

21 hours ago, Handzo85 said:

DSDT.aml.zip

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 16.36.00.png

2 hours ago, sashik said:

Alleluia!:angel::pope:

So, what can we do with this?

I tried different patches for usb, but usb 3 is still not working…

And as I said before, the CLOVER folder you provide me, missing some folders, is it ok?

use ur previous clover folder and put DSDT there

34 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

u need update patch for 10.13.4+

config.plist.zip

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!:yoji:

Everything is ok!

Thank you very much for help! 

P.S. Wait for beer!:yes: 

4 minutes ago, sashik said:

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!:yoji:

Everything is ok!

Thank you very much for help! 

P.S. Wait for beer!:yes: 

Welcome!

Enjoy! ;)

2 hours ago, korlione2009 said:

thanks for your help.. hope can solve acpi on my board

2 hours ago, Handzo85 said:

thanks for your help.. hope can solve acpi on my board

WARNINGS = NOTHING

ERROR = NOTHING(just need fix for compile)

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

WARNINGS = NOTHING

ERROR = NOTHING(just need fix for compile)

how proper compile this acpi for proper configuration? below my ioreg+ dpci ss

I'll appreciate any help.. sorry if I'm very noobs on this :lol: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.30.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.34.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.56.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 6.14.15 AM.png

iMac Handzo's.zip

1 hour ago, Handzo85 said:

how proper compile this acpi for proper configuration? below my ioreg+ dpci ss

I'll appreciate any help.. sorry if I'm very noobs on this :lol: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.30.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.34.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 5.56.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 6.14.15 AM.png

iMac Handzo's.zip

Post a new full dump

RunMe.app.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fantomas1
      First beta... macOS 10.14 Mojave beta (18A293u)

Useful information:

macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility (thanks to gengik84) or direct link from Apple's server nonSupportedModels (thanks to mitch_de) Original apfs Patched apfs (patch is the same credits PMheart and ErmaC) Clover r4515 (thanks to gengik84) USB port limit patch (thanks to PMHeart) Beta 2 New Find (thanks to FredWst) "MinStolenPatch" for KabyLake Platform Notebook (thanks to Austere.J)
    • By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR HFS+J partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.14.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.14 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. Patch to stop auto-convert to APFS , "ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.14.
      4. This patched MBR OSInstaller will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+J partition.
      5. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR HFS+J and GPT HFS+J partition (GPT+recovery).

No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

How to make 10.14 installer for MBR?
      Read HowTo-10.14.x.txt inside the zip file first, same as 10.13, different with 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?

Just use 14MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
    • By Mario1964
      Hello guys,
      Today i installed the beta on my external SSD ( cause i don't have more space in the case)
      i tried in this way:

and also using this:

All goes right but, when i 1st boot the hdd it appears as this:
      (the photo was just old , i'm using the new clover)

and he stuck at apple logo.
      This are the setting i use to make the usb boot:

what can i do ?

thx

• By PingoLinkin
      Motherboard: ASUS / X99 Deluxe II
      Chipset: Intel® X99
      Processador: i7-6800 LGA2011 v3
      Memoria: HyperX - DDR4 24000MHz - 32GB(2x16gb)
      Rede: Intel® I218V, 1 x Gigabit LAN; Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN LAN; Dual Gigabit LAN controllers- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) appliance
      Audio: Realtek® ALC1150 com 8 canais
      Video: Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB SC DDR5 128 bits PCI-E 3.0 (1x DVI, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI)
      Keyboard: Apple Aluminium
      Mouse: Microsoft
      HD: SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 1TB

///////////////////////////////////////////

1 - Preparando PENBOOT:
        1.1 - Baixe a imagem do Sierra e deixe na pasta "Applications";
        1.2 - Formate o PenDrive e altere o nome para: "MyVolume";
        1.3 - Abra o Terminal e digite a seguinte linha de código, dê enter e quando solicitado digite sua senha. Aguarde o término da instalação, geralmente demora em torno de 20min:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app  

1.4 - Baixe a última versão do Clover EFI bootloader: Download
        1.5 - Abra o Clover, na última etapa, clique em Customize, depois marque a opção "Install for UEFI booting only", como na imagem abaixo:

1.6 - Provavelmente a partição "EFI" estará montada, abra a partição e substitua a pasta "CLOVER" por esta CLOVER Asus X99 Deluxe II - Sierra.zip.

2 - Configurando BIOS
        2.1 - Atualize sua BIOS para a versão mais recente, a minha é: 1902
        2.2 - Reset as configurações de sua BIOS em: Exit/Load Optimized Defaults;
        2.3 - Vá para: Boot/CMS (Compatibility Support Module)/Launch CMS: ENABLED;
        2.4 - Vá para: Boot/Secure Boot/OS Type: Other OS;

3 - Instalando OS
        3.1 - Ligue o computador com o Pendrive espetado, ele automaticamente irá iniciar o Clover, caso isso não aconteça, na tela inicial da ASUS, pressione F8 para escolher o pendrive como boot primário;
        3.2 - Em algum momento futuro, seu clover pode não arrancar corretamente, caso isso aconteça, na tela inicial do CLOVER pressione F11 para limpar o NVRAM, ele irá reiniciar a máquina automaticamente, em seguida voltará a arrancar normalmente;

4 - PÓS-INSTALAÇÃO
        4.1 - Inicie seu MAC temporariamente pelo Pendrive como boot primário;
        4.2 - Instale o clover seguindo as etapas 1.4, 1.5 e 1.6 . Apenas não esqueça de alterar o destino para o HD Interno com a instalação do Sierra.
        4.3 - Feito isso, reinicie seu mac, agora sem o pendrive;

5 - VÍDEO
        5.1 - Na pasta CLOVER que anexei acima, já possui as kexts NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext e Lilu.kext ;
        5.2 - Baixe e instale o nVidia Web Driver(Download) de acordo com a versão do seu OS;
        5.3 - A minha versão, por exemplo, é: "macOS 10.12.6 (16G1408)";
        5.4 - Veja abaixo onde encontrar sua versão:

Obs.: Existe um bug no vídeo, caso queira utilizar a entrada DVI, é preciso iniciar a máquina já com o cabo plugado, caso contrário ele deixará sua tela preta e não voltará mais ao normal até que reinicie a máquina.

5.5 - INSTALANDO O CUDA:
           1 - A última versão não funcionou, então baixei a penúltima e funcionou perfeitamente. A versão instalada foi: CUDA 387.178 driver for MAC.

6 - ÁUDIO
        6.1 - Baixe o Voodoo HDA 2.9.0 Clover (Download)
        6.2 - Siga as etapas das imagens que estão dentro do anexo;

Não solucionado:
      Não consigo habilitar a placa ThunderboltEX 3;

Valeu.
    • By moman2000
      Hi,

I thought it would be nice that I would be the first here to give my experience with getting Mojave running and mostly working on my system.

My specifications are as follows:

iMac 14,2

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.4GHz / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
      MSI AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC
      250GB SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND SSD / 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
      1TB 5.4K HDD

I used the config that @MaLd0n helped me with. Seriously, he is a legend. HERE is my Clover Config including everything I use for 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave.

Installation Procedure:

Create bootable USB media with createinstallmedia - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/"Insert Volume Name here"  ***** Remove quotation marks!!! 

**"--Applicationpath" is now depreciated and should not be used when making a 10.14 Mojave USB. I do not know if this will change in upcoming releases.

** ConvertToAPFS is now depreciated and no longer works when installing 10.14 Mojave beta 1. Using the command "--converttoapfs NO" will not work if you use it with "createinstallmedia".

Editing "minstallconfig.xml" within the "macOS Install Data" folder on the target partition chosen during installation to change "ConvertToAPFS" from "TRUE" to "FALSE" would also not disable APFS conversion.

Installation ran through well, but it did restart just after installation began which seemed to have been caused by a crash, but it seemed like it was normal as this happened twice as I tried installing Mojave earlier and the same thing happened. Rebooting again into the installation on the target drive that was selected before described as "macOS Install"  and named "macOS 10.14" resumed installation.

Everything from then on was easy and smooth. I set-up my iCloud and things as such and was brought to the desktop of macOS 10.14 Mojave!

What does work:

Graphics (Acceleration/Metal) // 4K video dropped 0 frames // Picture-in-Picture
      Mouse and Keyboard
      USB 3.0 -  Full 5 GBP/s - Only ports above HDMI Port and front I/O
      USB 3.0 under both Intel and Killer Ethernet ports function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Ethernet (only Intel NIC so far) Both NIC's work, Intel I217-V and Killer E2200
      iMessage
      Sleep and Wake
      Shutdown
      Restart

Update #1:

Temporary Fix: ***I have gotten audio to work after browsing Reddit, I stumbled across this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/8orn7w/mojave_files_needed/e05kkj9/

Update #2:

I have just found a kext for the on-board Killer E2200 NIC after searching with device and vendor ID's on this forum.
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/

Update #3:

Audio is now fully operational with new version 1.2.8 of AppleALC, from here: 

What does NOT work:

USB 3 under Intel I217-V NIC and Killer E2200 NIC Ethernet Ports // Only function with USB 2.0 devices.
      Audio Temporary fix in Update #1 above   Fixed in Update #3
      Killer E2200 NIC Fixed in Update #2 above

This is the information I have been able to gather thus far whilst using Mojave.

I hope this helps someone in getting Mojave running on their system.

Regards,
      Mohamed

CLOVER_moman2000 No SN.zip