Jump to content
MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake DSDT

4,890 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, ashman1970 said:

Hey MaLd0n thanks for the files. When testing this machine with just one monitor it was fine, when I plug in my three it froze when I was viewing movie covers in plex. Do you think maybe I need a custom DSDT for my three monitors? I am just using one monitor now plugged into DP, but I use two more usually, one in HDMI and one in DVI.

no, dont need

try enable csm in bios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Thanks I will try this, hopefully it fixes the problem. Have you also heard that enabling onboard GPU can fix this problem too? It was recommended in another forum, I have not tried it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ashman1970 said:

Thanks I will try this, hopefully it fixes the problem. Have you also heard that enabling onboard GPU can fix this problem too? It was recommended in another forum, I have not tried it.

solve a hardware acceleration about dual monitor+ i think no, is a csm and whatevergreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Zapomeňte na to, zda je optimální 

but the GTX 950A will be more powerful than the intel 530 :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, petr said:

but the GTX 950A will be more powerful than the intel 530 :-(

optimus dont work

5 hours ago, gigibatt said:

work perfect

thanx a lot!

welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @MaLd0n , can you please help me with a new DSDT? I have switched from nvidia to AMD RX 560 4GB I have attached the Send me zip for my system (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 motherboard, Intel i5-7400 CPU, ASUS RX 560 4GB graphics card). Thank you! 

 

Edited by bogdanw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bogdanw said:

Hello @MaLd0n , can you please help me with a new DSDT? I have switched from nvidia to AMD RX 560 4GB I have attached the Send me zip for my system (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 motherboard, Intel i5-7400 CPU, ASUS RX 560 4GB graphics card). Thank you! 

Send me iMac.zip

CLOVER.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 6:14 PM, MaLd0n said:

Yes, install clover and replace folder in usb stick

Hi there,

 

this is the link to the output from "RunMe.app"

for this system: ASUS Prime H270-PRO, i3-7100, 8GB Ram, 250GB SSD, Nvidia GT 1030

https://mab.to/YejZwZWU8

(updated the files)

I've run through all the checklist you created on Page 1 of this Thread:

Install, Post Install, Video, Patched, Created SSDT, Brightness.

Can you help with DSDT, so I learn...??

I have an ISSUE with "Shut Down" that leads to Reboot.

Confirm: Shut Down doesn't work no matter what config.plist I use, with the one downloaded from here too.

So Shut Down leads to Reboot.

 

Thanks

Edited by zzmadd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zzmadd said:

Hi there,

 

this is the link to the output from "RunMe.app"

for this system: ASUS Prime H270-PRO, i3-7100, 8GB Ram, 250GB SSD, Nvidia GT 1030

https://mab.to/YejZwZWU8

(updated the files)

I've run through all the checklist you created on Page 1 of this Thread:

Install, Post Install, Video, Patched, Created SSDT, Brightness.

Can you help with DSDT, so I learn...??

I have an ISSUE with "Shut Down" that leads to Reboot.

Confirm: Shut Down doesn't work no matter what config.plist I use, with the one downloaded from here too.

So Shut Down leads to Reboot.

 

Thanks

DSDT.aml.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zzmadd said:

Thanks a lot!

The machine doesn't boot once I drop DSDT.aml in the patched folder.

post one photo with error boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

post one photo with error boot

Don't know what happened before but now tried again and it works!

PCI slots populated in the System Report.

Sleep works.

2 Issues as far as I can see:

- Shut Down ---> gives Reboot

- Sleep ---> USB hard drives show "Disk Not Ejected Properly", even though I'm using "SafeSleepUSB"

Thanks a lot!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zzmadd said:

Don't know what happened before but now tried again and it works!

PCI slots populated in the System Report.

Sleep works.

2 Issues as far as I can see:

- Shut Down ---> gives Reboot

- Sleep ---> USB hard drives show "Disk Not Ejected Properly", even though I'm using "SafeSleepUSB"

Thanks a lot!!

shtdown

check bios erp options, wake from lan, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

shtdown

check bios erp options, wake from lan, etc

It's all set to Disabled, look at the attachments.

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

shtdown

check bios erp options, wake from lan, etc

Also this method from RHman:

"The "auto restart after shutdown" is macOS/OS X specific (with certain hardware), and can usually be solved by setting XHC.PMEE=0 in _PTS"

This code:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zzmadd said:

Also this method from RHman:

"The "auto restart after shutdown" is macOS/OS X specific (with certain hardware), and can usually be solved by setting XHC.PMEE=0 in _PTS"

This code:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

the patch is done in last dsdt, i think the problem is bios config

Those Bios options I attached in the image are correct? So at least those are to be considered ok and I move on testing other options.

Do you have any hint to what to look for in bios?

I wouldn't know where to add the patch, if I have to remove some code.

The _PTS section is clearly identifiable in dsdt. If you are so kind to help me identify where to add it then I can copy and compile.

Thanks very much.

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {
        \_SB.TPM.TPTS (Arg0)
        \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIO1.SIOS (Arg0)
        \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS (Arg0)
        \_SB.PCI0.NPTS (Arg0)
        RPTS (Arg0)
        If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.RP05.HPME ())
        }
    }

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zzmadd said:

Those Bios options I attached in the image are correct? So at least those are to be considered ok and I move on testing other options.

Do you have any hint to what to look for in bios?

I wouldn't know where to add the patch, if I have to remove some code.

The _PTS section is clearly identifiable in dsdt. If you are so kind to help me identify where to add it then I can copy and compile.

Thanks very much.

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {
        \_SB.TPM.TPTS (Arg0)
        \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIO1.SIOS (Arg0)
        \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS (Arg0)
        \_SB.PCI0.NPTS (Arg0)
        RPTS (Arg0)
        If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
        {
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)
            Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.RP05.HPME ())
        }
    }

 

the patche is done, check

If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
{
Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MaLd0n said:

the patche is done, check

If (LEqual (0x05, Arg0))
{
Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)

But this is the section already contained in DSDT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zzmadd said:

But this is the section already contained in DSDT

the patch is already applied, yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Reel
      All work 10.10, 10.11, 10,12
      camera not work in 10.13, 10.14
      You need SwitchResX that the screen does not freeze
      Custom resolutions Back porch - lines change to 2
       
       

         

       

    • By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 
       

       
       
      INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL
       
       
      PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )
       
       
       
       
       
      STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 
       
      Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
       
      Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

       
      GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )
       

       
      So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      ————————————————————
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed
       
      Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )
       
      Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )
       
       
      OR
       
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed
       
      Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 
       

       
       
      But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 
       
      If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )
       
       
      ** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **
       
      Video summary:
       
      Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  
       
       
       
      After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 
       
       
    • By SepehrM
      I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.3 on an ASUS N552VW laptop, and I get stuck after this message:
      "could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating" 
      And some other warnings afterwards.
      Specs:
      CPU: Intel Skylake 6700HQ 2.6GHz
      RAM: 16GB DDR4
      2TB HDD + 128GB SSD
      GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 + Nvidia GTX960m
      I'm installing using a 16GB USB3 flash drive on one of HDD volumes (UEFI Mode)
       
      I uploaded the verbose log and clover config.plist
      config-new.plist

    • By gk12345
      hello to everyone, i managed to install mojave on my asus ux303ub with i5 cpu and now sleep does not work when i press sleep display turns black and pc stays on and then i have to force shut down by holding power button in order to restart pc ,by the way i used the clover folder from a guide on the internet, any help would be appreciated, thanks
    • By Bahaa
      Need help here
      My graphic card is detached 7mb
      and I try a lot of solution and no one work 
      can any one help
       

×