[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello MaLd0n,

2 years ago you kindly issued me a nice working dsdt for my High Sierra hackintosh; I cannot upgrade to Mojave neither Catalina as I have a geforce and no money to change it...

Few month ago I had to do a new installation using your updated guide from this thread, with updated EFI. For some reason the dsdt is no longer working, however without it the system seems to work fine. Any idea why?

(Asus Z270-K, i5 7600K, 2x8 Go Vengeange DDR4 3200, Zotac GTX 1060 3Go)

DSDT.aml

Edited by brt06

• 1 month later...

Hi Maldon,

I have been trying to get Mac OS running on Lenovo G570 i5 2430M HD3000 HM65.

I have attached patched dsdt which works till Mountain Lion. But Mavericks onwards I dont get LVDS, only hdmi works.

Please help.

Attached original dsdt, patched dsdt, ioreg & edid

DSDT&ioreg.zip

IMG_20201215_124523.thumb.jpg.d9774322dc822a5a21e711f38a565932.jpg

Edited by Del

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MaLd0n,

Can you help me dsdt and ssdt for my system please?

Because I have random restart and shutdown and sometimes it freeze for nothing and kernel pannic

Very thank if you can help me out

I have Asus Z170-AR

I7-6700K

Asus RX580

please tell me what you need to give you to check. Thank you very much

Hi, @MaLd0n - I've been studying your Kabylake patches in this thread, because I recently purchased an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini (Q270 / i7-7700T / HD 630 / 32GB DDR4).  I am injecting my patched DSDT with OC 0.6.3 (the only "on-the-fly" patch I need is Plugin-Type) and the system boots and runs great... BUT - it doesn't wake from sleep.

Since I'm brand-new to Kabylake, I'm going to ask what is probably a dumb question: Have you solved sleep/wake for Kabylake HD630?

PR Files.zip

Edited by tonyx86
Attached problem reporting files

10 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

Hi, @MaLd0n - I've been studying your Kabylake patches in this thread, because I recently purchased an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini (Q270 / i7-7700T / HD 630 / 32GB DDR4).  I am injecting my patched DSDT with OC 0.6.3 (the only "on-the-fly" patch I need is Plugin-Type) and the system boots and runs great... BUT - it doesn't wake from sleep.

Since I'm brand-new to Kabylake, I'm going to ask what is probably a dumb question: Have you solved sleep/wake for Kabylake HD630?

rename GFX to IGPU!

21 hours ago, mihu_yo said:

rename GFX to IGPU!

Thanks!  I tried renaming GFX0->IGPU, but that doesn't fix sleep / wake.  I should have noted that I am using Lilu/WEG (which already performs the rename).  Just to be sure, I tried your suggestion (renaming patch) but that didn't help.  If it were only that easy - right?

EDIT: I attached my patched DSDT, OC0.6.3 config.plist and IOReg2.1 dump to my previous post.

EDIT2: I'm anticipating the question "Where's your HPET and IRQ patches?"  I disable HPET for the reasons I stated here. I have tested with HPET enabled, CRS patched and IRQs patched (see attached archive).  Enabling/patching HPET makes no difference for the sleep/wake behavior, so I continue to run without HPET like a real iMac18,1.  I have also tested with CLOVER r5127.  Upon wake, the system freezes with black screen and the only way to recover is force shutdown by holding power button.

PR Files with HPET.zip

Edited by tonyx86
Fixed broken 'my previoius post' link

• 1 month later...

Posting this just in case there's still one other Kabylake owner who doesn't know that wake has not been solved for iGPU-only HD630 systems:  I won't say that wake with iGPU-only HD630 is impossible (although I'd say it in a heartbeat if that motivates someone to prove me wrong ;) ), but my search as a fairly new Kabylake owner has come up short.  My HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini with i7-7700T, 32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD and 2TB SATA6 HD now makes a nice Windows Server.  If you're tempted by the HP EliteDesk Series (like this one), stay with G4 and newer.

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/9/2018 at 10:47 AM, eway said:

Not working...

I have restored my hack with time machine and extracted ioreg. Would you please give an eye and give me advice about it, it seems very different to me. like com.antelope drivers is loaded on the restored hack and not in the other...

thank U

Eway

audio's working Eway’s iMac.zip 4.76 MB · 5 downloads

Finally, after so long, there is a fix available for Antelope Audio Interface users.

Reference: https://elitemacx86.com/threads/now-you-can-use-antelope-presonus-slate-digital-focusrite-and-apogee-thunderbolt-audio-interface-and-nas-on-custom-pc-builds-and-laptops-with-macos.707/

They have not only fixed Antelope. But other brands like PreSonus, Slate Digital, Focusrite, Apogee Digital and few NAS brands like Drobo and PROMISE.

Such a promising thing so far when everyone gave up, especially on Antelope. They have done a demonstration too.

Edited by The Tech

Hi @MaLd0n,

i got a good Big Sur hack  running using your SSDT, now i would like to try with DSDT, do you mind help me with it?

Hack Imac 18,3
MSI Gaming Pro Carbon Z270 - i7700K 4,40 Ghz - 32Gb DDR4 3000Mhz - WIFI APPLE -

Samsung NVME 970 (W 10) - Samsung NVME 960 (Mac OS) - Radeon Sapphire RX 5600 XT 6Gb

Here it's my Send Me

Send_me_iMac-di-Fabio.zip

Edited by Xanny

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Which guide should i follow for this setup?

My setup is the follwing:

• CPU: i7-7700K
  • MOBO: MSI Z170A PC MATE
    • USB 3.1 -> ASM1142 Chipset
    • Audio -> ALC887
    • LAN -> RTL8111H
  • RAM: 24GB
  • NVMe Kingston A2000 500GB (BOOT DISK)
  • SSD 480gb
  • SSD 250GB
  • HDD 2TB
  • HDD 4TB
  • NVIDIA GTX 1070 (use in Windows)
  • AMD RX 560 (use in MacOS)

I would like to know if there is a specific Guide i can follow for this setup and how can i disable the nvidia card on MacOS and just detect the RX560?

Thanks