Sinetek

[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

780 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm successfully running Sierra 12.6 on Ryzen 1700 w/ Nvidia GFX but struggling to get virtualisation running. I have enabled virtualisation in the BIOS, Docker and other VM software running well under Ubuntu and Windows, but can't seem to get macOS to recognise. I was wondering if anyone had successfully enabled virtualisation, VT-x on an AMD powered hackintosh. I've removed the dart=0 boot flag but that didn't make a difference.

I was hoping to use this as my daily driver dev machine to replace ubuntu, but without VM support I'm doomed. Thanks!

I'd be interested to see if anyone had VMX enabled in their builds! If anyone could try running this command to check if VMX is enabled on your systems I would really appreciate it.

sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features

Source: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5653

Any responses would be appreciated!

Advertisement

Info About System & Applications on Ryzen & Threadripper Hackintosh ?

Dear all of you trying the Hackintosh with AMD Ryzen or AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPU. I really do not know your aim of building a Hackintosh with AMD CPUs. If it is just for testing, for fun or really FOR WORKING.

I am also very interested in a Hackintosh with the AMD CPUs (Ryzen or Threadripper). But, there is something that no one is really commenting about…

If it is for WORKING platform rather than just a mere test,

All who have tested either Ryzen or Threadripper;

• Can you please say if it is really worth choosing the AMD CPUs for Hackintosh?

• What are the pros and cons of choosing the AMD CPUs?

• What is working perfectly in the platform and what is not working perfectly?

• Mostly interested if the performance of Softwares… (Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere, Lightroom & Final Cut Pro & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Fonts Applications & All other common small applications that we daily use (Safari, Mail, Skype, Messages, Zip/Rar applications, etc…)

>> About the softwares… Do they work perfectly on a click? Do they Crash? Or they cannot be launched at all, because it is on AMD?

Because all the people trying here, never gives a feedback well about what is working and what is not. That would be a great help in deciding to choose or not the AMD CPU for Hackintosh.

I hope I am not offending anyone. I am really interested in the feedback of the users who tried AMD RYZEN / THREADRIPPER, clearly pointing out what is working and what is not.

Because a Hackintosh for working is very different when you are building one as a daily working tool. I hope you understand my kind request…

Thanks

i have big video/audio out of sync issues in safari, using hdmi over the geforce 1015 ti (with nvidia web driver) and in some videos low frame rate/stutter. bronya kernel 12.6 from here

Can anyone help me here?

I am using Bronya's latest kernel and Clover 4101, my CPU is only being read at 1GHz. I have my CPU overclocked to 4.05GHz. I have tried bus ratio boot flag etc.

hello,did you solved this problem?

Hello everyone, I have EX motherboard EX Designare, processor Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, Ram Corsair Dominator Platinum Kit DDR4 16GB (8x8GB), 3600MHz C18 XMP 2.0, Graphic Card-Asus TURBO-GTX1080TI-11G, can someone tell me how to install Sierra or High sierra? I tried with: AMDHS_Installer_v1, AMDHS_Installer_v2_clover, AMDHS_Installer_v2_enoch, probably something escapes me, maybe Bios configuration? or the Kernel is not right?

Please help me. Thanks everyone. Nik