Sinetek

[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

780 posts in this topic

1. Timer runs too fast (almost double the normal speed)

often happens due to wrong busratio  and as seen in your screenshot u are using the flag even though i cant see the value . most of the time people use wrong busratio value  copied by someone elses tutorial 

Try booting without busratio flag at all to see if you can boot in and see improvements, im almost certain it will work . if it dont heres the place to go to get correct values calculated.

also kext-dev-mode flag is not necassary in El Capt. and Sierra got replaced with SIP (csr-config) , dart=0 u only need if u cant boot with VT-d/-x enabled.

just a couple things i could see in that screeny... the panic caller itself i  havent seen before , sorry

did u try jiggle with fsb=   flag ? regarding the kernelclockrate , clover normaly calculates it at boot not sure how far the improvements found its way inside  enochs branchs, or bronyas kernel. 

i remember back at Chameleon RC5 (1397) fsb was calculated twice ,and screwed things up , inside the Bootloader and in the kernel , back than meklort removed it from his branch, so  maybe this just happend again ...

also did u try VoodooTSCsnycAmd.kext  to  get your tsc in sync  ?

Advertisement

Thanks for your Ryzen kernel and boot which can login desktop for 1700X hackintosh at 10.12.4 & 10.11.6 now.

But there are severe bugs found after booting:

1. Timer runs too fast (almost double the normal speed)

I have found at least two errors from sysctl -a shown at ryzen1700X.txt:

1. TSC frequency is incorrect (machdep.tsc.frequency: 1645449696)

How can I fix it ?

Hi !

Ok ! Thank for info ! 

maybe that i should fix in boot or i should change pseudo code , example i should add aperf and mperf  or super correct pmtimer ...

i try fix boot ... 

Hi !

Ok ! Thank for info ! 

maybe that i should fix in boot or i should change pseudo code , example i should add aperf and mperf  or super correct pmtimer ...

i try fix boot ... 

Hi Bronya,

Are you also able to some how get Pascal 10xx series GPU's to work in the boot as well? nvda_drv=1 no longer works with Sierra. :(

And mods, please don't delete this. Because surely i am NOT the only one with a nvidia 10xx card....

Hi Bronya,

Are you also able to some how get Pascal 10xx series GPU's to work in the boot as well? nvda_drv=1 no longer works with Sierra. :(

And mods, please don't delete this. Because surely i am NOT the only one with a nvidia 10xx card....

This has nothing to do with AMD kernel development. NVIDIA drivers need the necessary NVRAM variable (nvda_drv) set. This is covered in detail in other posts on this forum.

Hi !

I modified in boot . This beta . In archive two files boot ... 

attachicon.gifboot_beta.zip

Thanks for these two new boot files.

May I know what is the major difference between them ?

Because I found one boot got better CineBench R15 scores than the other one after booting.

Please also refer to Post#321 for the details.

Default BIOS setting shows CPU frequency is 3420 M hz which is correctly detected by your Boot file,

but after booting with "dart=0 colors=32 kext-dev-mode=1 -v npci=0x3000 busratio=35 PCIRootUID=1" sysctl showed machdep.tsc.frequency: 352123450.

Only boot without busratio=xx sysctl showed half value of previous machdep.tsc.frequency:1710300079 and it will improve my current issues incompletely:

1. Too fast timer was partially slow down, but it's still too fast

2. Performance by CineBench R15 were higher than before, but they were lower than other's tested values

3. Easy crashed by open app seems disappear

default.txt

Edited by jsl

Thanks for these two new boot files.

May I know what is the major difference between them ?

Because I found there is no detectable difference between them after booting.

Default BIOS setting shows CPU frequency is 3420 M hz which is correctly detected by your Boot file,

but after booting with "dart=0 colors=32 kext-dev-mode=1 -v npci=0x3000 busratio=35 PCIRootUID=1" sysctl showed machdep.tsc.frequency: 352123450.

No fix for my current issues yet !

1. Too fast timer

2. Poor performance

3. Easy crashed by open app

A suggestion... test-try without any busratio=xx boot variable

A suggestion... test-try without any busratio=xx boot variable

Thanks for your kind advice and help.

After booted without busratio=xx there are obvious improvement as below (machdep.tsc.frequency: 1710300079):

1. Timer was not so fast as before, but it's still too fast.

2. Performance was much higher than before (about 50% for CPU at Windows 10, 20~25% for GPU GTX-680 at Windows 10)

3. Stability was also much better now.

I'll try to fix and improve it more, e.g. the performance of CPU & GPU by Cinebench R15 should be much higher than current test values.

Change SMBIOS from iMac14,2 to MacPro6,1 seems no difference of performance in this hackintosh.

suggested that 6 answers ago , but maybe he doesnt want to try it   :fishing:

Before this new boot file I have tried once which got instant reboot.

Because it did not fix my issues, I did not report it.

post-70188-0-62175700-1494151490_thumb.png

post-70188-0-06737300-1494151885_thumb.png

post-70188-0-14143700-1494151898_thumb.png

1700X-default.txt

post-70188-0-17172500-1494160128_thumb.png

maybe wrong in kernel ... 

This is Strange!    My R5 1500x ran fine by simply using busratio=35.    The R5 1500x has a base frequency of 3.4-3.5 just like the 1700X, this makes no sense to me, my 1500x had no problems using original boot file.

JSL, do you have Chameleon backup folder(s)?      If so, the plists in the backup folders may be off-setting or countering the changes made in your main Extra folder for busratio settings.      Check for backup folders and remove the plists and try again.

post-1753549-0-02018800-1494165653_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-60316500-1494191199_thumb.png

@Gigamaxx, please check in terminal: sysctl -a  machdep.tsc.frequency 

machdep.tsc.frequency: 2900145000

GigamaxxRyzenSierra2s-MacBook:~ gigamaxxryzensierra2$

This is on my Risen 7 1700 set in bios to 2900 MHZ.      I returned my 1500X so I can't run it, but it was @ 3500 MHz using Auto CPU frequency settings in Bios.    My Busratio setting was busratio=35 and it ran very well.    I don't think there is anything wrong with the boot file or kernel or I would have had trouble with the 1500X.

post-1753549-0-21131400-1494173471_thumb.png

I modified in kernel ...

I checked on my comp , normal show and correct . 

But try . 

attachicon.gifkernel_ryzen_rc3.zip

I tired the other 2 beta kernels last night and got reboot on my R7 1700 setup.     I will try this one as well to see compatibility with my configuration.

OMG !!!

I found mistake for "busratio=", because this busratio support up to 30 ! Don't support by 31 to ...

Wait ... I fix this ...

Update:

I fixed !

try this kernel without or with flag busratio= up to 50 :D .

attachicon.gifkernel_ryzen_rc4.zip

)))

I'm getting shutoff, it loads up to login then shuts down. I included all the framework, extensions and kernel files in S/L folders and also in Extra folder. Should I just load the kernel and try again?

This is with original boot file. Does this need to be used with the beta kernel(s)?

I'm getting shutoff, it loads up to login then shuts down. I included all the framework, extensions and kernel files in S/L folders and also in Extra folder. Should I just load the kernel and try again?

This is with original boot file. Does this need to be used with the beta kernel(s)?

try flag -s , and then write :

mount -uw / 

fsck -fy 

exit 

try flag -s , and then write :

mount -uw /

fsck -fy

exit

First pic is with -v -x the second photo is with -s and the other commands. The first pic was after removing my wifi card as the first screenshot.

I will replace my S/L folder and retry the install of frameworks I only got the merge option on the kernel frameworks loading the other two only had the replace option.

post-1753549-0-45290200-1494181281_thumb.jpg

post-1753549-0-02196300-1494181295_thumb.jpg

I have idea . But it only test , no available  bkdg for family 17h .

But i know this bits for ryzen ...  

try boot ! How show cpu_mult and fsb in boot debug ?! :))

boot_ryzen_test1.zip

Gigamaxx , you need repair permissions ! 

I have idea . But it only test , no available  bkdg for family 17h .

But i know this bits for ryzen ...  

try boot ! How show cpu_mult and fsb in boot debug ?! :))

attachicon.gifboot_ryzen_test1.zip

Gigamaxx , you need repair permissions !

After replacing my files and then reapplying the new fixes it booted no problem, I installed wifi card and ran a Geekbench @ 3.6 GHz.   It works!   Yes check out the multi thread core.   Now for 37-39 GHz tests.   This is with original boot file.

Once again, Bronya you da man!

post-1753549-0-54735700-1494183586_thumb.png

After replacing my files and then reapplying the new fixes it booted no problem, I installed wifi card and ran a Geekbench @ 3.6 GHz.   It works!   Yes check out the multi thread core.   Now for 37-39 GHz tests.   This is with original boot file.

Once again, Bronya you da man!

boot_test1 works ? :)))

I have it, if you want bkdg for family 17h and more... can send it to you :)

Really only bkdg for family 17h have ?