New DVD reboot cycle

BeeMeR

13 posts in this topic

Just finish downloading new DVD JAS latest release(reseed) and when I try to install it laptop goes in reboot mode cycle after 10 seconds of reading Darwing menu. Do I have a corrupted download/ a bad dvd? All previous releases no poblems.

Please advise.

BeeMeR

Just finish downloading new DVD JAS latest release(reseed) and when I try to install it laptop goes in reboot mode cycle after 10 seconds of reading Darwing menu. Do I have a corrupted download/ a bad dvd? All previous releases no poblems.

Please advise.

BeeMeR

What is your laptop specs , did you install the correct kernel?

you have to give more info then this .

also system specs is not the laptop model,I want cpu type ata controller , chipset and all that.

Have you checked your DVD's MD5 hash? The MD5, according to the sticky, is a1960475511ffb5ecc7447ac7d71d44c.

Just check your ISO through an md5 app and that'll tell you whether or not it's corrupt. Maybe.

/other opinions?

What is your laptop specs , did you install the correct kernel?

you have to give more info then this .

also system specs is not the laptop model,I want cpu type ata controller , chipset and all that.

I am more incline toward a bad copy..................It doesn't load anything. It reboots after the 6Th line after hitting enter, ../.../ extension.mkext.....

Laptop: Sager 8890 3.2 MHz 1 Mb of Ram:

Model Name: Sager NP8890

Bios: Phoenix; 512KB; P&P 1.0a; ACPI 1.0B ?

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4~3.2Ghz 800FSB w/HT

Memory: Dual Channel DDR supports 266/333/400MHZ

Hardware RAID Support: RAID 0 or RAID 1

System Chip: Intel 865PE / Intel ICH5 (Serial ATA100 w/RAID)

LCD Screen: 16.0" TFT SXGA: Sharp LQ160E1LW02 1280 X 1024 native resolution:

Video Control Chip: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 PRO (M10-P) Memory: 128MB DDR

Video-In Control Chip: Avermedia with Conexant 878A chip

Audio Control Chip: Intel Whitesheet on AC '97 w/ 6 Channel Analog and S/PDIF

Realtek AC '97 rev23 6 channel codec

Integrated Modem Controller: 56K V.90 Smartlink

Optional Integrated MP3 Player: Newtrend MP3 Player

Optional 6-1 Memory Card Reader

Front CD Player that operates with main power off: Audio DJ

4 USB 2.0 ports: Via VT6202 Controller

IEEE-1394 port: Firewire Controller

Touch Pad: Synaptics

Hard Disk Drives:

Hitachi Travelstar 60GB with 7200rpm and 8MB buffer

BeeMeR

Have you checked your DVD's MD5 hash? The MD5, according to the sticky, is a1960475511ffb5ecc7447ac7d71d44c.

Just check your ISO through an md5 app and that'll tell you whether or not it's corrupt. Maybe.

/other opinions?

MD5 is a1960475511ffb5ecc7447ac7d71d44c.

BeeMeR

I am more incline toward a bad copy..................It doesn't load anything. It reboots after the 6Th line after hitting enter, ../.../ extension.mkext.....

Laptop: Sager 8890 3.2 MHz 1 Mb of Ram:

BeeMeR

I guess My post got lost in the shuffle.....................please advise.

Jas, got any ideas, my E1405 has the same problem, and should be completely compatiable :angel:

My download is good and I downloaded and burned twice to single it out :huh:

I had the same results with the first 10.4.8/8.1.

My case is a little bit different. The installation ran flawlessly, however after it has finished installing, darwin goes to that reboot cycle. It always reboots after the spinning slashes before it even had the chance to go to gray screen.

My guess is the mach kernel because I've tried your 10.4.8 DVD and I also tried installing 10.4.7 and upgrade using the procedure mentioned here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32025&st=0 and the result is the same.

I'm using E6400 with P5W-DH Deluxe

My case is a little bit different. The installation ran flawlessly, however after it has finished installing, darwin goes to that reboot cycle. It always reboots after the spinning slashes before it even had the chance to go to gray screen.

My guess is the mach kernel because I've tried your 10.4.8 DVD and I also tried installing 10.4.7 and upgrade using the procedure mentioned here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32025&st=0 and the result is the same.

I'm using E6400 with P5W-DH Deluxe

I'm using an E6600 with a P5LD2-VM 2.0 and had the exact same issue. For whatever reason, installing the GMA950 package off of the DVD, even though I'm not using GMA950 graphics, resolved this issue.