Lilu — kext and process patcher

vit9696
394 posts in this topic

Thanks.

I dont know exactly why happen this problem. So just found and report it you.

Because i like debug and report.

Thank you for your help

Have a great day.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Actually not at all, I didn't manage to help you.

Have a nice day!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello vit

I have use lilu applealc and coredisplayfixup on my xps 15 9550 with 4k screen.

But i found it sometimes dont patch it in right way such as sometimes the coredisplay with no use or sometimes applealc with no use and have a gray icon on bar.

I think it maybe the Lilu's problem.

I try to see the debug log but i dont know how and where the debug log in.it dont in system.log and boot.log.

Hi. Well, I am not sure, to be honest. It could be a bootloader/efi issues actually. I would suggest you check this:

— Are you using the latest Lilu version?

— Are you using Lilu from Clover EFI folder (/L/E/ or /S/L/E will likely randomly fail)?

— Are Lilu/AppleALC/CoreDisplayFixup showing in kextstat when they "fail"?

— Is bdmesg output listing Lilu/AppleALC/CoreDisplayFixup injection?

To check the debug logs you could use the following terminal command (requires -alcbeta -liludbg boot args):

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND (eventMessage CONTAINS "AppleALC"' OR eventMessage CONTAINS "Lilu"') --style syslog --source

Be aware that it could randomly not print some parts of the log (10.12 feature).

• Like 3

@sherlocks use flag -no-zp should fix hibernate issues on memory give it a try

• Like 1

@sherlocks use flag -no-zp should fix hibernate issues on memory give it a try

First, thanks information

Where is -no-zp boot flag? Support lilu or hibernationfixup?

Added. 3/25 can't use hiberantion mode. Hold black screen.

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi + lilu.kext 1.1.1 + hibernation kext(1.1.4) + rc script + -hbfx-dump-nvram.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a kernel panic the first time I booted with lilu.kext (1.1.2) and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (1.1.2) on 10.12.5. I'm currently only using Nvidia graphics (Intel graphics is disabled). I haven't been able to reproduce the kernel panic though.

I've attached the boot log which includes the kernel panic. This comes from the serial port which might be a little garbled since the kernel is multi threaded and more than one thread may try to log to the serial port at the same time?

If there are other logs that you would like, please reply with instructions for getting those. It would be useful to add those instructions to a "Reporting Problems" section in the Lilu README.md

I currently have the kexts installed to /S/L/E. Should I move them to Clover? The Lilu README.md only states that Lilu and the plugins should be in the same folder. Is there a reason why one folder would work better than another? If so, is it possible to make other folders work just as well? Knowing that would help decide where to put these.

joevt Lilu IntelGraphicsFixup kernel panic.txt.zip

Try to 1.1.4 and put both kexts in clover folder

where can we find 1.1.4 of these kexts?

Sorry for askin, but i could find only 1.1.1 for lilu and 1.1.2 for IntelGraphicsFixup

where can we find 1.1.4 of these kexts?

Sorry for askin, but i could find only 1.1.1 for lilu and 1.1.2 for IntelGraphicsFixup

Aha sorry. Its my mistake. I missunderstood IntelGraphicDVMTfixup.

joevt, I have seen this panic randomly happening right after the installation or an upgrade, and it never repeats. The panic log signalises corrupted stack, but so far I am clueless what it might be. Maybe the next os brings some insight.

Hello vit9696.

I have used Lilu with AppelAlc and CoreDisplayFixup and some more plugins but sometimes this plugins going to failure.

Many times i cant boot into osx because the CDF failed and sometimes i going to the system but have no sound with grey icon.
e83a86b0-4941-11e7-806f-a32f917b7c46.png

But before lilu come out the AppleAlc have no problem anymore so i want to know how can cause this random failure when bootup.

I have try to use lilu-debug and CDF-debug kext to see some debug log but have nothing usefull infomation.

PS:I use this kexts all in Clover folder not SE or SLE.

thanks very much.

joevt, I have seen this panic randomly happening right after the installation or an upgrade, and it never repeats. The panic log signalises corrupted stack, but so far I am clueless what it might be. Maybe the next os brings some insight.

I've encountered a couple more kernel panics during startup. One with AppleALC, another with IntelGraphicsFixup again. They don't happen with every restart and I don't restart very often, so they don't bother me too much but I thought I would report them here anyway.

joevt Lilu kernel panics.zip

joevt, that's really bad, but it is very nice to see such clean logs, don't hesitate posting more. In Lilu 1.1.3 I added some change that I thought might be relevant to the panics, in particular "Added kernel write protection and interrupt state validation". I don't know if it helps, but try upgrading to the latest Lilu and see if it repeats.

joevt, that's really bad, but it is very nice to see such clean logs, don't hesitate posting more. In Lilu 1.1.3 I added some change that I thought might be relevant to the panics, in particular "Added kernel write protection and interrupt state validation". I don't know if it helps, but try upgrading to the latest Lilu and see if it repeats.

I'm using the serial port for those logs. I haven't checked if they're recorded elsewhere in the file system. I have emulated NVRAM so I don't think kernel panics are recorded anywhere? I have a couple FireWire adapters (one from PCIe, another from Thunderbolt), but haven't tested fwkprintf yet. I suppose if you have a motherboard with neither FireWire or a serial port then using two machine debugging over ethernet will allow getting the kernel panic info (I haven't tried it recently). I wonder if an alternative to fwkprintf could be made using HDAudio possibly using analog, but preferably using digital...

I've installed the latest Lulu and plugins into /System/Library/Extensions

AppleALC.kext 1.1.2

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext 1.1.3

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.1.2

HibernationFixup.kext 1.1.5

Lilu.kext 1.1.4

LiluFriend.kext 1.0

I'm currently not using Hibernation or Intel Graphics but I installed them in case I want to try later.

I've restarted a couple times without panic so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to properly use HibernationFixup.kext, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I have HibernationFixup, Lilu, and EmuVariable (no native NVRAM here), and using -hbfx-dump-nvram I can get the plist to stay on root by commenting out the line in Clover's RC script. However, Clover doesn't indicate "hibernated" anywhere on next boot (using AptioFix2Drv & Clover r4077). I have NeverHibernate set to false.

Am I missing something obvious? Do I need to add a key to FakeSMC?

Note: Using hibernatemode 25 for testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Tested on Z170N-WIFI with ATI Radeon Pro 560 2GB and Intel 6700K without integrated (Intel 530 Turned off in bios) an works perfect on OS X 10.12.6.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also its working on High Sierra 17A306f

• Like 1

Tested on Z170N-WIFI with ATI Radeon Pro 560 2GB and Intel 6700K without integrated (Intel 530 Turned off in bios) an works perfect on OS X 10.12.6.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also its working on High Sierra 17A306f

Great for you.

What does that have to do Lilu ?

Holy {censored}, it worx:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme, latest LILU 1.1.6, new AMD PlugIn 4 LILU , AMD RX480 flashed to RX580, CSM disabled in BIOS, iGPU disabled in BIOS,

2 LG 4k Monitors via DP, 1 Samsung 46" TV via HDMI via DENON X4000 AVR running CLOVER rev 4128. And i got this:ScreenShot2017-07-27at21.17.13.png

NO black screen after verbose boot, still no sound via HDMI, but this seems to be a FB-Sierra Problem, cause under High-Sierra we will have Sound via HDMI through ORINOCO Framebuffer.

Thanx a lot to the coders, who made this possible. YOU MADE MY DAY !!!

:thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: also working under HIGH SIERRA beta 4 (developer with "-radbeta" as bootargument) including 8-channel HDMI-AUDIO: only with ORINOCO Framebuffer

Now i got a perfect system for my behaviours, cause complete disabled iGPU and CSM <--- never need them for booting under WINDOWS10.

• Like 9

That's awesome ;)

Holy {censored}, it worx:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme, latest LILU 1.1.6, new AMD PlugIn 4 LILU , AMD RX480 flashed to RX580, CSM disabled in BIOS, iGPU disabled in BIOS,

How do i use that Whatevergreen PlugIn? No sources on the Vit9696 github...