vit9696

Lilu — kext and process patcher

270 posts in this topic

Advertisement

For me it does work well to some point (Sleep works and it wakes without BlackScreen) but my Card isn´t detected correctly. I use a Sapphire R9-270X (Vendor: 1002, Device: 6810, SubVendor: 174B, SubDevice: E271) which is detected as R9-370X by WhatEverGreen and is using the generic ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer (before WhatEverGreen I used DSDT Inject and Futomaki as Framebuffer). For some Reason I am not able to get HDMI Audio to work (it worked before). DCPI Manager shows me a Pitcarin/Cape Verde HDMI Audio Device (Vendor: 1002, Device: AAB0, SubVendor: 174B, Subdevice: E271) and the GFX0 and HDAU Device in my DSDT are configured like that:

Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                    Name (_SUN, One)  // _SUN: Slot User Number
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x18)
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name", 
                                Buffer (0x07)
                                {
                                    "Slot-1"
                                }, 

"device-id", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                     0xB0, 0xAA, 0x00, 0x00                         
                                }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-2"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }

Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                           
                            })
                        }

Return (Package (0x08)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                            }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-2"
                            }
                        })
                    }
                }

What may possibly be wrong?

For me it does work well to some point (Sleep works and it wakes without BlackScreen) but my Card isn´t detected correctly. I use a Sapphire R9-270X (Vendor: 1002, Device: 6810, SubVendor: 174B, SubDevice: E271) which is detected as R9-370X by WhatEverGreen and is using the generic ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer (before WhatEverGreen I used DSDT Inject and Futomaki as Framebuffer). For some Reason I am not able to get HDMI Audio to work (it worked before). DCPI Manager shows me a Pitcarin/Cape Verde HDMI Audio Device (Vendor: 1002, Device: AAB0, SubVendor: 174B, Subdevice: E271)

Added your card subvendor and subdevice with correct name. WhateverGreen.kext.zip

As for AMD,RadeonFramebuffer and HDMI - read the FAQ...

Thank you very much for this long awaited fix, this is great!

I have had great success with it for Intel systems with my i3 7350k and pentium G3258 it works well, I even have it on my Ryzen setup.

However, with Ryzen I can only get it to work on Sierra 12.5, if I use Sierra 12.6 public release it goes to black screen after boot. I tried many Framebuffer combinations but it still leads to black screen in Sierra 12.6 for Ryzen CPUs, if I use a helper card it shows the Radeon Pro 480/575 so I know it's loading somewhat but it's not fixing black screen after boot. The card accelerates at boot and system is active, just no screen output.

It may be a kernel compatibility issue but it would be nice to have it in sierra 12.6 since it has many native fixes for Polaris and fury cards which work better overall than Nvidia cards for Ryzen systems.

You only need the kext, the dSYM is for the debugging symbols (which are stripped in the release target).

I noticed when I opened the .Sym first it ran in terminal "debugging"? When I load the kexts in S/LExtensions first and then open the .sym it doesn't debug, or appear to but it then does a restart.

AirportBrcmFixup

Is it possible to add "AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo" patch?

Do you mean the following one?

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360

Find: 81F952AA00007529

Replace: 81F952AA00006690

You can try DEBUG version of AirportBrcmFixup_1.0.1.kext.zip

And string -brcmfxdbg into boot-args and reboot.

After reboot type in terminal:

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND eventMessage CONTAINS "BRCMFX"' --style syslog --source

And put output here.

Do you mean the following one?

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360

Find: 81F952AA00007529

Replace: 81F952AA00006690

You can try DEBUG version of AirportBrcmFixup_1.0.1.kext.zip

And string -brcmfxdbg into boot-args and reboot.

After reboot type in terminal:

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND eventMessage CONTAINS "BRCMFX"' --style syslog --source

And put output here.

Yes, 

initialize the fvco (frequency voltage controlled oscillator)

log is empty

Yes, 

initialize the fvco (frequency voltage controlled oscillator)

log is empty

Did you check installed Lilu version? It should be 1.1.6 or higher.

Type in terminal:

kextstat | grep -i airp

kextstat | grep -i lilu

And put output here.

Did you check installed Lilu version? It should be 1.1.6 or higher.

Type in terminal:

kextstat | grep -i airp

kextstat | grep -i lilu

And put output here.

kextstat | grep -i airp

63    0 0xffffff7f81de3000 0x7bd000   0x7bd000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 (1150.12.1a1) BB3626FA-A579-348F-AF69-3249DAC7949D <62 61 60 52 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat | grep -i lilu

17    2 0xffffff7f80e76000 0x37000    0x37000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.1.6) 261A5E4B-4824-3834-89C1-290B74C6FEEC <7 5 4 3 2 1>

kextstat | grep -i airp

63    0 0xffffff7f81de3000 0x7bd000   0x7bd000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 (1150.12.1a1) BB3626FA-A579-348F-AF69-3249DAC7949D <62 61 60 52 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat | grep -i lilu

17    2 0xffffff7f80e76000 0x37000    0x37000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.1.6) 261A5E4B-4824-3834-89C1-290B74C6FEEC <7 5 4 3 2 1>

It should be so:

kextstat | grep -i airp

27    0 0xffffff7f83447000 0x8000     0x8000     as.lvs1974.AirportBrcmFixup (1.0.1) 4FB3F52B-5B9C-31D8-B160-EA217E9AC826 <25 12 7 5 4 3 2 1>

71    0 0xffffff7f81d5e000 0x836000   0x836000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 (1150.12.1a1) BB3626FA-A579-348F-AF69-3249DAC7949D <70 69 59 58 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

AirportBrcmFixup is not loaded.

hi

I get this warning  on boot log how I can fix it>? 

kernel: (AMDFramebuffer) WARNING: Setting ACCELERATOR RENDER WSAA state without flip. Screen corruption is possible!
kernel: (AMDSupport) WARNING: Setting ACCELERATOR RENDER WSAA state without flip. Screen corruption is possible!

thx in advance

I have clean install Sierra 10.12.6 with Saphire HD7870 and its working OOB. Never had to configure IP config list yet so it's untouched. The problem right now is  black screen upon waking from sleep.

Never use IGPU as the second card and just leave on most of the time. I figure out that someday this will be fixed.

So to solve this problem I need to install the latest Lilu kext to  /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12.

But what about  whatevergreen how to install? I notice it's not a kext but something like a plug in.

I need to try both but a simple guide and explanation will suffice.

Thanks

I have clean install Sierra 10.12.6 with Saphire HD7870 and its working OOB. Never had to configure IP config list yet so it's untouched. The problem right now is  black screen upon waking from sleep.

Never use IGPU as the second card and just leave on most of the time. I figure out that someday this will be fixed.

So to solve this problem I need to install the latest Lilu kext to  /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12.

But what about  whatevergreen how to install? I notice it's not a kext but something like a plug in.

I need to try both but a simple guide and explanation will suffice.

Thanks

Copy WhateverGreen.kext to /EFI/Clover/kext/other.  Reboot.  That's all.

where is the WhateverGreen.xcodeproj ?

the logs show entries that i can't find in source code

e.g.

(kernel) WhateverGreen: (DEBUG) rad @ getConnectorsInfo found 4 connectors")

AMDCIHardwaregetFrameBufferBaseAddress 

AMDGraphicsAcceleratorpopulateAccelConfig 

are all this patches available in github ?

where is the WhateverGreen.xcodeproj ?

the logs show entries that i can't find in source code

e.g.

(kernel) WhateverGreen: (DEBUG) rad @ getConnectorsInfo found 4 connectors")

AMDCIHardwaregetFrameBufferBaseAddress 

AMDGraphicsAcceleratorpopulateAccelConfig 

are all this patches available in github ?

Whatevergreen is not fully open source I believe...it's only partly open.

The part that finds the AMD card type and names it is open ... that's what available on git.

The actual core source I cannot find either.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By headkaze
      Framebuffer patching in Mojave
      Binary patching framebuffers using KextsToPatch in Clover is no longer a viable method in Mojave for Skylake and above. Now you need to use Lilu + WhateverGreen.

Not just for Mojave
      This method of framebuffer patching is not only required for Mojave we recommend it for all previous and future releases of macOS.

Coffee Lake Users
      Please note that the new WhateverGreen will not work with fake Kaby Lake platform-id's. You will need to have either macOS 10.14 Beta 4 (18A336e) or macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112). The latter is a special build only available to MacBookPro15,1 or MacBookPro15,2 board id's. You can create a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112) installer by running installinstallmacos.py. (Update: vit9696 added back ability to fake Kaby Lake platform-id's)

Lilu + WhateverGreen
      WhateverGreen is going to replace all the other video patching plugins for Lilu (it currently has merged WhateverGreen, IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki and CoreDisplayFixup). Others will likely follow (such as AppleALC, HibernationFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup). This is aiming to be the all-in-one solution for video.

Beta Warning
      Please note that it is currently in a "beta" state so use it at your own risk. I am just documenting this here for those of you who want to get framebuffer patching now.

Preliminary
      1. Remove:
      - FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
      - IntelGraphicsFixup
      - NvidiaGraphicsFixup
      - CoreDisplayFixup
      - Shiki
      2. Turn off all graphics injections in Clover:
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/ATI=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=
      - config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=

3. Disable DSDT Clover fixes:
      - AddHDMI
      - FixDisplay
      - FixIntelGfx
      - AddIMEI
      4. Disable UseIntelHDMI
      5. Remove boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware
      6. Remove any IGPU and HDMI entries from:
      - config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary
      - config.plist/Devices/Properties
      - config.plist/Devices/AddProperties
      7. Remove any IGPU and HDMI related SSDT and DSDT from:
      - CLOVER/ACPI/patched
      8. Renaming GFX0 -> IGPU
      - WhateverGreen will do this automatically (see caveat below)
      - Be aware that WhateverGreen does not rename all instances of GFX0 -> IGPU but should be okay in most cases
      - You may need to include Clover GFX0 -> IGPU rename for other kexts or ACPI patching that require it

Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen
      Download WhateverGreen. Make sure you place the debug version of Lilu into the root of WhateverGreen before you compile. Install Lilu and WhateverGreen kext's into the usual place. Compile WhateverGreen as debug if you want to view debug output.

Having trouble compiling?
      If you're having trouble compiling you can wait for the official binaries or download my (unsupported) build_lilu.sh shell script and run it in a folder to download and build Lilu + WhateverGreen using Xcode automatically. I recommend you try the debug versions first (place them into Clover's EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder).

Get the device path of your IGPU:
      Download and use the gfxutil tool like so:
      $ ./gfxutil -f IGPU DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) ig-platform-id
      For the AAPL,ig-platform-id (AAPL,snb-platform-id for Sandy Bridge) entry Clover requires this value to be in Data format so you need to reverse the bytes. So if you want your platform-id to be 0x3EA50009 first reverse the bytes (0900A53E) then use Xcode's plist editor to add the values to Clover's config.plist.

What ig-platform-id should I use for my system?
      You should choose one that is the closest match to your system. I recommend you do some research on this before choosing one. See post #2 for available options. More info can be found here.

You can determine the generation of your CPU by the first digit after the hyphen.
      Examples:
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2760QM (Gen 2)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5257U CPU @ 2.70GHz (Gen 5)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) m3-6Y30 (Gen 6)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U (Gen 8)

Here are some recommended frames:

Gen 2: Sandy Bridge (Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000)
      - Support started with OS X 10.7.x and ended with macOS 10.13.6
      - Metal support is not available
      - Desktop: 0x00030010 (default)
      - Laptop: 0x00010000 (default)

Gen 3: Ivy Bridge (Intel HD Graphics 2500/4000)
      - Support started with OS X 10.8.x
      - Desktop: 0x0166000A (default), 0x01620005
      - Laptop: 0x01660003 (default), 0x01660009, 0x01660004

Gen 4: Haswell (Intel HD Graphics 4200-5200)
      - Support started with OS X 10.9.x
      - Desktop: 0x0D220003 (default)
      - Laptop: 0x0A160000 (default), 0x0A260005 (recommended)

Gen 5: Broadwell (Intel HD Graphics 5300-6300)
      - Support started with OS X 10.10.2
      - Desktop: 0x16220007 (default)
      - Laptop: 0x16260006 (default)

Gen 6: Skylake (Intel HD Graphics 510-580)
      - Support started with OS X 10.11.4
      - Desktop: 0x19120000 (default)
      - Laptop: 0x19160000 (default)

Gen 7: Kaby Lake (Intel HD Graphics 610-650)
      - Support started with macOS 10.12.6
      - Desktop: 0x59160000 (default)
      - Laptop: 0x591B0000 (default)

Gen 8: Coffee Lake (Intel UHD Graphics 630)
      - Support started with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) / 10.14 beta 4 (18A336e)
      - Desktop: 0x3EA50000 (default), 0x3E9B0007 (recommended)
      - Laptop: 0x3EA50009 (default)

Framebuffer Patching
      WhateverGreen does most of the work automatically for you and in most cases you do not need any extra Framebuffer Patching. At the minimum though you should choose an ig-platform-id suitable for your system and place it in config.plist/Devices/Properties like this:

Here are some reasons why you might need extra Framebuffer Patching:
      - Setting DVMT for those who can't set it above 32 MB in BIOS (framebuffer-stolenmem / framebuffer-fbmem)
      - Setting higher VRAM for 4K users who experience graphical glitches (framebuffer-unifiedmem)
      - Disabling eGPU (disable-external-gpu)
      - Enable pixel clock patch for 4K support (enable-hdmi20)
      - Disabling connectors to enable sleep (framebuffer-pipecount / framebuffer-portcount / framebuffer-conX-type=-1)
      - Removing CNConnectorAlwaysConnected flag for eDP laptop screens on < 10.13.6 (framebuffer-con0-flags=0x00000090)
      - Changing connector types to match your systems ports (framebuffer-conX-type)

Framebuffer Patching Types
      We have three different types of patches:

1. Arbitrary (Recommended)
      framebuffer-patch-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-framebufferid (optional; defaults to current platform-id) (all below are optional) framebuffer-mobile framebuffer-pipecount framebuffer-portcount framebuffer-memorycount framebuffer-stolenmem framebuffer-fbmem framebuffer-unifiedmem framebuffer-cursormem (Haswell only) framebuffer-conX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-conX-index framebuffer-conX-busid framebuffer-conX-pipe framebuffer-conX-type framebuffer-conX-flags 2. All Data
      framebuffer-conX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-conX-alldata 3. Find / Replace
      framebuffer-patchX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-patchX-framebufferid (optional; defaults to current platform-id) framebuffer-patchX-find framebuffer-patchX-replace framebuffer-patchX-count (optional; defaults to 1) You should place your patches in config.plist/Devices/Properties in Clover config.plist.

Here are some example patches:
      - 32MB BIOS, 19MB stolen (framebuffer) 9MB fbmem (cursor) 2048MB unifiedmem (vram)

- Pipe / Port Count 3 to 2
      - Connector 1 DP to HDMI
      - Connector 2 Disable

Here is an example of the All Data method:

Here is an example of the Find / Replace method:

Framebuffer Dumps
      There are two ways to dump your framebuffer data (both require WhateverGreen + Lilu debug versions):

1. Using -igfxdump boot flag to dump IGPU framebuffer kext to /AppleIntelFramebuffer_X_Y (root of your boot drive)

There are several ways of reading this dump:
      - Using 010 Editor along with the IntelFramebuffer.bt template
      - Using Intel FB-Patcher File->Open menu

2. Using -igfxfbdump boot flag to dump native and patched framebuffer table to ioreg at IOService:/IOResources/WhateverGreen

There are several ways of reading this dump:
      - Using dump_platformlist.sh shell script
      - Using Intel FB-Patcher File->Import->IOReg Dump menu

Debug Output
      To get debug output from Lilu use the -liludbgall liludump=60 boot flags. You will need to compile Lilu and WhateverGreen as debug for both of these flags to work. Log files should be located at /var/log/Lilu_*.

To view debug paste the following into Terminal (weglog.txt will output to your home directory):
      log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND (eventMessage CONTAINS "WhateverGreen" OR eventMessage CONTAINS "Lilu")' --style syslog --source --last boot >weglog.txt
      Credits
      - vit9696 and lvs1974 for WhateverGreen (Full Credits) and Lilu (Full Credits)
      - Andrey1970 for his guide on applelife.ru
      - RehabMan for all data patching method, ioreg framebuffer dump and other contributions

• By EduardoMenezes
      Good evening, friends of InsanelyMac.
      I have an Acer Aspire E5-571 notebook with Intel processor and Intel Graphics 5500 hd graphics card. When I was using the Sierra, the video card was recognized without problems. Now that I'm using Mojave I can not get the acceleration to work.
      I've been researching something about having to use Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext but I do not have enough knowledge to solve this problem.
      I need the help of someone who can explain to me how to solve this acceleration problem. I'm sure it will be of great value to other users like me.
      Thank you very much.

• By yehia2amer
      I want to patch AppleHDA but I cannot find any post talking about ALC3220, I Tried AppleALC (ALC280 - layout-id 11), and AppleHDA Patcher v1.9  (ALC280 - layout-id 5) with no luck.
      I Also Tried VodooHDA but it is very buggy an unstable !

So Now Please find my Codec details below
      ------
      Linux codec_dump.txt 

Codec: Realtek ALC3220 Address: 0 AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1) Vendor Id: 0x10ec0280 Subsystem Id: 0x102805d4 Revision Id: 0x100003 No Modem Function Group found Default PCM: rates [0x5f0]: 32000 44100 48000 88200 96000 192000 bits [0xe]: 16 20 24 formats [0x1]: PCM Default Amp-In caps: N/A Default Amp-Out caps: N/A State of AFG node 0x01: Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 CLKSTOP EPSS Power: setting=D0, actual=D0 GPIO: io=5, o=0, i=0, unsolicited=1, wake=0 IO[0]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0 IO[1]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0 IO[2]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0 IO[3]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0 IO[4]: enable=0, dir=0, wake=0, sticky=0, data=0, unsol=0 Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x41d: Stereo Amp-Out Control: name="Speaker+LO Playback Volume", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0 Device: name="ALC3220 Analog", type="Audio", device=0 Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x57, nsteps=0x57, stepsize=0x02, mute=0 Amp-Out vals: [0x3d 0x3d] Converter: stream=5, channel=0 PCM: rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000 bits [0xe]: 16 20 24 formats [0x1]: PCM Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D0, actual=D0 Node 0x03 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x41d: Stereo Amp-Out Control: name="Headphone Playback Volume", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0 Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x57, nsteps=0x57, stepsize=0x02, mute=0 Amp-Out vals: [0x00 0x00] Converter: stream=5, channel=0 PCM: rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000 bits [0xe]: 16 20 24 formats [0x1]: PCM Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D0, actual=D0 Node 0x04 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x05 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x06 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x611: Stereo Digital Converter: stream=0, channel=0 Digital: Digital category: 0x0 IEC Coding Type: 0x0 PCM: rates [0x5f0]: 32000 44100 48000 88200 96000 192000 bits [0xe]: 16 20 24 formats [0x1]: PCM Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Node 0x07 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x08 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10051b: Stereo Amp-In Control: name="Capture Volume", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0 Control: name="Capture Switch", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0 Device: name="ALC3220 Analog", type="Audio", device=0 Amp-In caps: ofs=0x17, nsteps=0x3f, stepsize=0x02, mute=1 Amp-In vals: [0x27 0x27] Converter: stream=1, channel=0 SDI-Select: 0 PCM: rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000 bits [0xe]: 16 20 24 formats [0x1]: PCM Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D0, actual=D0 Connection: 1 0x23 Node 0x09 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10051b: Stereo Amp-In Amp-In caps: ofs=0x17, nsteps=0x3f, stepsize=0x02, mute=1 Amp-In vals: [0x97 0x97] Converter: stream=0, channel=0 SDI-Select: 0 PCM: rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000 bits [0xe]: 16 20 24 formats [0x1]: PCM Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 1 0x22 Node 0x0a [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x0b [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010b: Stereo Amp-In Control: name="Front Mic Playback Volume", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=2, ofs=0 Control: name="Front Mic Playback Switch", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=2, ofs=0 Control: name="Rear Mic Playback Volume", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0 Control: name="Rear Mic Playback Switch", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0 Amp-In caps: ofs=0x17, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1 Amp-In vals: [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] Connection: 5 0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1d Node 0x0c [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010b: Stereo Amp-In Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] [0x80 0x80] Connection: 2 0x02 0x0b Node 0x0d [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010b: Stereo Amp-In Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] [0x80 0x80] Connection: 2 0x03 0x0b Node 0x0e [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x0f [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010a: Mono Amp-In Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-In vals: [0x80] [0x00] Connection: 2 0x02 0x03 Node 0x10 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x11 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x12 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40040b: Stereo Amp-In Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x2f, mute=0 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] Pincap 0x00000020: IN Pin Default 0x4008c000: [N/A] Line Out at Ext N/A Conn = DIN, Color = UNKNOWN DefAssociation = 0x0, Sequence = 0x0 Pin-ctls: 0x00: Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Node 0x13 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40040b: Stereo Amp-In Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x2f, mute=0 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] Pincap 0x00000020: IN Pin Default 0x411111f0: [N/A] Speaker at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Black DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0 Misc = NO_PRESENCE Pin-ctls: 0x00: Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058d: Stereo Amp-Out Control: name="Speaker Playback Switch", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0 Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x00 0x00] Pincap 0x00010010: OUT EAPD EAPD 0x2: EAPD Pin Default 0x90170110: [Fixed] Speaker at Int N/A Conn = Analog, Color = Unknown DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0 Misc = NO_PRESENCE Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D0, actual=D0 Connection: 2 0x0c* 0x0d Node 0x15 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058d: Stereo Amp-Out Control: name="Headphone Playback Switch", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0 Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x80 0x80] Pincap 0x0001001c: OUT HP EAPD Detect EAPD 0x2: EAPD Pin Default 0x0221401f: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Front Conn = 1/8, Color = Green DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0xf Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP Unsolicited: tag=02, enabled=1 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 2 0x0c 0x0d* Node 0x16 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058d: Stereo Amp-Out Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x80 0x80] Pincap 0x00010014: OUT EAPD Detect EAPD 0x2: EAPD Pin Default 0x411111f0: [N/A] Speaker at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Black DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0 Misc = NO_PRESENCE Pin-ctls: 0x00: Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 2 0x0c* 0x0d Node 0x17 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40050c: Mono Amp-Out Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x80] Pincap 0x00000010: OUT Pin Default 0x411111f0: [N/A] Speaker at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Black DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0 Misc = NO_PRESENCE Pin-ctls: 0x00: Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 1 0x0f Node 0x18 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out Control: name="Rear Mic Boost Volume", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0 Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x2f, mute=0 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x80 0x80] Pincap 0x00003734: IN OUT Detect Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80 100 Pin Default 0x01a13040: [Jack] Mic at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Blue DefAssociation = 0x4, Sequence = 0x0 Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN VREF_80 Unsolicited: tag=04, enabled=1 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 2 0x0c* 0x0d Node 0x19 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40048b: Stereo Amp-In Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x2f, mute=0 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] Pincap 0x00000024: IN Detect Pin Default 0x411111f0: [N/A] Speaker at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Black DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0 Misc = NO_PRESENCE Pin-ctls: 0x00: Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Node 0x1a [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out Control: name="Front Mic Boost Volume", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0 Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x2f, mute=0 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x80 0x80] Pincap 0x0000373c: IN OUT HP Detect Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80 100 Pin Default 0x02a19030: [Jack] Mic at Ext Front Conn = 1/8, Color = Pink DefAssociation = 0x3, Sequence = 0x0 Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN VREF_80 Unsolicited: tag=03, enabled=1 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 2 0x0c* 0x0d Node 0x1b [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40058f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out Control: name="Line Out Playback Switch", index=0, device=0 ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0 Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x2f, mute=0 Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1 Amp-Out vals: [0x00 0x00] Pincap 0x00003734: IN OUT Detect Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80 100 Pin Default 0x01014020: [Jack] Line Out at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Green DefAssociation = 0x2, Sequence = 0x0 Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT VREF_HIZ Unsolicited: tag=01, enabled=1 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 2 0x0c* 0x0d Node 0x1c [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x1d [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400400: Mono Pincap 0x00000020: IN Pin Default 0x40400001: [N/A] SPDIF Out at Ext N/A Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown DefAssociation = 0x0, Sequence = 0x1 Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Node 0x1e [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400781: Stereo Digital Pincap 0x00000014: OUT Detect Pin Default 0x411111f0: [N/A] Speaker at Ext Rear Conn = 1/8, Color = Black DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0 Misc = NO_PRESENCE Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0 Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS Power: setting=D3, actual=D3 Connection: 1 0x06 Node 0x1f [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x20 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00040: Mono Processing caps: benign=0, ncoeff=107 Node 0x21 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono Node 0x22 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300101: Stereo Connection: 8 0x18* 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1d 0x0b 0x12 0x13 Node 0x23 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300101: Stereo Connection: 6 0x18* 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1d 0x0b Node 0x24 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono  
      Jarvis report:
      Hardware info: - ATI R6xx HDMI (1002:aa01) - Controller 1002:aa30 (sub-ven:174b:aa30) - Driver: VoodooHDA SSDT-4.aml succesfully extracted! DSDT.aml succesfully extracted! SSDT.aml succesfully extracted! SSDT-1.aml succesfully extracted! SSDT-3.aml succesfully extracted! SSDT-2.aml succesfully extracted! Found "Device (HDEF)" in DSDT.aml Found property "layout-id" in DSDT.aml Found 1 occurennces of "layout-id" in ioreg, not sure what's will be for HDEF.. Found unsupported "layout-id = 11" in ioreg, will not work using Mirone's patches!!! No "Device (HDAU)" was found inside your ACPI tables. That is normal w/o a PCI Video card or w/o an HDMI connector on it! AppleHDA Patcher.app only supports (if patched by Mirone): layout-id 2 for laptop's, layout-id 5 for Desktop's with 3 connectors (pink, green and blue), layout-id 7 for Desktop's with 5/6 connectors (gray, black, orange, pink, green and blue), layout-id 9 for Desktop's with 5/6 connectors (gray, black, orange, pink, green, blue, CodecAddress:2) aDummyHDA.kext works only is /System/Library/Extensions. Laptop's may be need the provided ACPI Patch such system_IRQ.txt to be functional. HDAEnabler.kext maybe usefull if you don't want to edit your ACPI table or the Clover's config, or the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist. CodecCommander.kext is usefull in the case you have no sound after waking from sleep. Generated kexts should be installed in a proper way, repairing its permissions and rebuilding the cache: dragging kexts into Pandora's Box.app window will help you to do that!  
      Chipset Name: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 06)
      Codec Name: Realtek ALC3220
      Linux Codec Dump : codec_dump.txt
      codec_dump.txt.svg
      Patched DSDT: DSDT.aml

Thanks

• By maiconjs
      I have a receiver with 7.1 channels, in which I transmit the formats Dolby Digital and DTS without problems by Windows, through the HDMI output of HD4000. On that same Laptop, I have the Hackintosh, with the High Sierra 10.13.6, and with audio enabled using AppleALC, but in the audio preferences, I can not enable the Digital audio format. Also did not find players like Mirillis SplashPro (which I have used in Windows) with the option of HDMI output Bitstream. Is it possible to enable this digital output on Hackintosh?
    • By macinsane
      What works? Everything. Sleep/Wake, NVMe, Airport, Spotlight, AMD-graphics

Config:
      ASUS Prime B250M-C µATX-board
      Intel Core i5 7500 (Kaby Lake)
      Gigabyte Radeon RX560 4GB
      Airport-compatible PCIe-Card for Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM943602CS)
      2 NVMe drives: Samsung P961 with 1 TB and 256 GB

Installed mac OS: 10.13.2
      Clover: 4334

*Update 10.13.3*
      Added new config.plist and ssdt for AMD injection (config_amd_ssdt_10133.zip). With this config and Intel IGPU activated you'll get Metal2 (macOS GPUFamily1 v3). What did I do? Had to fake Skylake graphics or to prevent apps like iMovie or FinalCut from crashing. With Kabylake kexts loaded and IGPU as secondary graphics card, the computer will hard reset whenever the Intel GPU is utilised. Only Skylake kexts and activated IGPU will give you working Metal2 for the RX560.  

*Update 10.13.2*
      Since this update a new approach is advisable to get the RX560 up and running (works for 10.13.1 and GM as well). I've added a working SSDT and injector kext that gives you graphics and HDMI audio. Sleep works fine too if you add the DSDT I compiled.  

Credits go to @Toledo @Mork vom Ork and @Mieze because their work made this possible.
      *Update* I've added NEW config.plist and DSDT. For proper graphics power management you have to activate onboard graphics in BIOS but make PCIE the primary display. Furthermore you have to inject ig-platform-id 0x59120003 and let Clover patch GFX0 to IGPU. This is the only way to avoid crashes of iMovie, FinalCut or slowdowns after video playback.

This may be the smoothest Hackintosh of my life. It is easier than Sierra install due to native support for most of the used hardware in High Sierra. Not much to do, using an up-to-date Clover version like 4184. Make sure you have apfs.efi in /Clover/drivers64UEFI/ on your EFI partition and that you delete EmuVariableUEFi.efi (downside: iMessage doesn't work without it). Somehow Rehabman's SSDT in /Clover/ACPI/patched helps avoiding crashes in iTunes.

Needed kexts (on your EFI into /Clover/kexts/Other): FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet for ethernet, USBInjectAll and XHCI-200-series-injector for USB, Lilu and AppleALC for audio, Whatevergreen for AMD graphics, IntelGraphicsFixup and AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext.

DSDT and SSDT go into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
      config.plist.zip
      AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext.zip
      SSDT-HDMI-AMD-PEG0.aml.zip
      DSDT.aml.zip
      config_amd_ssdt_10133.zip