• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By juanjullian
      So i managed to install latest Catalina with opencore 0.59 and latest acidanthera's work on my HP 840-g4. But i have just one annoying problem: IMEI.

The issue is exactly the same as described here:

and in other thread at the commercial hack site with big eyes.

Most of the applications not responding after wake from sleep. crashed quicklookup, quicktime player, youtube, hackintool, etc, etc. (spinning color wheel).

So surfing deeply on the forums, i noticed that the problem is related of lack of IMEI injection. So i tried manual HECI to IMEI patch, knowing that WhateverGreen do that work. No results.

The only way that i can get IMEI on ioReg is changing the address from 16 to 0, through a ACPI patch:

dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>HECI ADDRESS</string> <key>Count</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Enabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data>SEVDSQhfQURSDAAAFgA=</data> <key>Limit</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Mask</key> <data></data> <key>OemTableId</key> <data></data> <key>Replace</key> <data>SEVDSQhfQURSDAAAAAA=</data> <key>ReplaceMask</key> <data></data> <key>Skip</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>TableLength</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>TableSignature</key> <data></data> </dict>  
      So with this i can get IMEI on IoReg

But i think that is a problem! Because the KBL FrameBuffer can't initialize the MEI Service, even with the IMEI at ioreg, this is from boot syslog:

2020-06-24 16:38:29.075004-0400 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebufferController::createMEIDriver()> [IGFB][ERROR ] Failed to start MEI service! 2020-06-24 16:38:29.075014-0400 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebufferController::createMEIDriver()> [IGFB][ERROR ] Failed to create MEI service  

Soooo, the question is:

How can i solve this?!!

I also tried:

1. SSDT-IGPU from Rehabman
      2. SSDT-IMEI
      3. Rename HECI to IMEI ACPI patch
      All these with no luck.

PD: I have to say that not SDcard mount after wake from sleep and this are the only two thing left to solve in order to get full working hackintosh laptop.!

Thanks in advance

EFI.zip
      ioreg_imei0.ioreg.zip
      syslog.txt
    • By miliuco
      Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on Gigabyte P55-USB3 with Radeon RX 580 graphics card using a USB device created with the createinstallmedia command and Clover as bootloader. Instructions to install macOS 10.14 Mojave on this computer are almost identical, replacing Catalina app with Mojave, so this article is suitable for both versions of macOS. The Gigabyte P55-USB3 motherboard (and some others from the same brand with the P55 / H55 chipset) have made it easy to build a hackintosh and install macOS since 10 years ago. Although it is an old motherboard, the behavior with Mojave or Catalina is very good after changing the classic hard drive (HDD) for a solid state drive (SSD).

Components of the hackintosh
      Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 motherboard: P55 chipset, 1156 socket, ALC892 audio, Gigabit RTL8111D network, DDR3 RAM Intel Core i5-750 processor for socket 1156: 4 cores, 8MB cache, clock rate 2.66 GHz Fenvi FV-T919 wireless + Bluetooth card: PCI-Express, wifi is ac type, detected by macOS as Airport and Apple Bluetooth Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card: works OOB but with a few details to be considered, it has its own article.  
      Previous requirements
      Install macOS Catalina app in /Applications folder USB flash drive with at least 16GB prepared from Disk Utility with MBR partition scheme and formatted as Mac Os Plus (on older Gigabyte boards like mine, USB sticks partitioned with GUID scheme instead of MBR usually hang the system when booting) Recent version of Clover (I have used r5117) Recent versions of Lilu (at least 1.4.4) and WhateverGreen (at least 1.3.9) to fine-tune the behavior of the graphics card Recent version of RealtekRTL8111 (I have used 2.2.2) FaceSMC version 6.26-322 (newer versions disable automatic mounting of USB devices on my system).  
      Create install USB
      Run this command from Terminal (assuming the target device is called USB):
      Bash: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app
      Clover must be installed on the USB memory, I choose the following options:
      Bootloader > Install boot0af on the MBR CloverEFi > CloverEFI 64-bit SATA BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > Recommended drivers > FSInject + SMCHelper + XhciDxe BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > File System drivers > ApfsDriverLoader Install RC scripts on selected volume Optional RC scripts > Disable sleep proxy client.  
      You have to copy 4 kexts to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the USB device: FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2. Regarding the config.plist file, the most significant is:
      Boot > kext-dev-mode = 1 in Boot arguments GUI > Theme embedded, EmbeddedThemeType Dark, Screen Resolution 1920x1080, Preboot in Hide Volume Graphics > blank, nothing is checked except if foxbox solution is used to have more than 2 connectors enabled RT Variables > 0x28 in BooterConfig and 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig SMBios > iMac14,2 Sytem Parameters> Yes in Inject Kexts and check Inject System ID.  
      Install macOS Catalina

Boot from the USB device and choose Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina. The installation program runs until the PC restarts. Here choose Install macOS from HDD (the name of the volume you are installing macOS on). With RX 580 graphics card, the screen goes black in this second phase of the installation, it is a phase in which the user has nothing to do until the PC is restarted so you can let it work until the Clover menu again. You have to choose Boot macOS from HDDto boot the installed system from the hard disk, the screen is recovered and you can configure the account and the initial options. From this moment the screen works fine.

In summary:
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from HDD > black screen Boot from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from HDD > screen works fine.  
      Install Clover and kexts on the hard drive

Clover needs to be installed on the disk where we just installed macOS. Options are the same as when installing it on the USB memory. You also have to copy the 4 kexts (FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2) into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of the disk. And review the config.plist file remembering the comments for the USB.

If everything goes well, the computer starts from the hard disk with a running copy of macOS Catalina.

• By miliuco
      Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card on macOS High Sierra (as of 10.13.6), Mojave and Catalina on the P55-USB3 board: excellent performance with acceleration (Metal) OOB, no need for drivers (kexts), with 3 drawbacks, one has to do with the boot of the operating system (a solution is proposed), another with the number of rear connectors enabled (a solution is proposed) and another that only affects to one phase of the Mojave or Catalina installation (without clear solution for now).

I have placed the XFX AMD Radeon RX-580 P8DFD6 8GB Triple X Edition GDDR5, 256BIT, DVI + HDMI + 3DP graphics card on a 10 year old motherboard (Gigabyte P55-USB3) in order to update the hackintosh to 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina because the card that I have used in past years, Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 1GB, has stopped working after 10.13.6 High Sierra since this was the last version for which Nvidia published the alternate web drivers that were necessary for the card to work well with graphic acceleration.

The new RX 580 card needs considerably more space than the old one although it fits perfectly in an ATX case, and requires an additional power connector. It has 2 big fans that most of the time are stopped, at least in my case. In macOS it works perfectly, even with Metal acceleration, without additional drivers and without extra settings in Clover. But it has drawbacks that I comment below.

Alterations during startup

During the boot of the operating system, when the screen goes from the basic driver to the AMD driver, 2 artifacts appear randomly, they are very short in duration (from one to a few seconds):
      Very short flashing white screen that may or may not be accompanied by purple lines The fans runs for a few seconds (the noise is clearly audible). This behavior is solved with the installation of 2 kexts, Lilu and WhateverGreen. Lilu is an extension created by acidantheraand vit9696 among others whose function is to help to patch kexts, processes and libraries during macOS boot. It is accompanied by specific plugins for the task required, for example WhateverGreen that injects necessary patches for certain AMD, Intel and Nvidia graphics cards. It is mandatory to have both extensions together, one of them separately does not correct the problem.
      I have installed Lilu 1.4.4 and WhateverGreen 1.3.9 in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the EFI partition and artifacts have disappeared. Remember that these 2 extensions are not necessary for the card to work properly, if you tolerate those very brief distortions of the screen or the noise of the fans running for a few seconds, you can live without Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Note: authors recommend that when using Lilu and WhateverGreen with Radeon cards, NO graphic settings have to be added to Clover (Inject ATI, etc.).

Note: these alterations, especially the brief white screen and less frequently purple lines and fan noise, are also seen in Windows and some real Macs with the same card.

Alteration during macOS installation

Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from MacintoshHD > black screen
      Booting from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from MacintoshHD > screen works fine.

In the first and third stages, screen works fine. In the second stage the screen goes black although the installation continues. The user has nothing to do at this moment so you can leave the PC working until the Clover menu is shown again, the screen is recovered, the initial account options can be configured and you can enter into the newly installed system with correct resolution and acceleration.
      This behavior is not corrected even by placing Lilu and WhateverGreen into the USB device. At least in my case I have not found a solution for it. Yo can install macOS perfectly with that drawback of not seeing how it progresses during the second phase of the installation.

Only 2 connectors of the 5 available work

This card has 3 Display Port (DP) ports, 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. In my case, only 2 DP work, those that are further from the HDMI connector. It is enough if you use a single monitor or 2 monitors that can be connected by DP. But if you want to have 3 or more connected devices or some of them only have HDMI, it is necessary to enable the 5 connectors or at least 4 of them since the DVI is obsolete and does not allow resolutions as high as DP and HDMI.
      User foxbox has proposed a solution in a thread titled [Solved] Sapphire RX 580 Nitro + SE | black screen on HDMI and DVI. Must inject from Clover a modification to the Orinoco framebuffer (which is used in the RX 580 card) so that the 5 connectors lack a fixedly assigned address and, instead, receive it dynamically. This change is made from the KextsToPatch section of Clover. Read the post from foxbox.
      This has to be accompanied by 3 changes in the Graphics section of Clover: Orinoco in FB Name / Inject ATI / 5 in Video Ports. I have tested this solution in macOS Catalina and it effectively enables the 5 ports of the card but, since I only use 1 monitor, I have removed it and I am with Lilu and WhateverGreen.

• By miliuco
      Instalar macOS 10.15 Catalina en la placa Gigabyte P55-USB3 con tarjeta gráfica Radeon RX 580 utilizando un dispositivo USB con el programa de instalación creado con el comando createinstallmedia y con Clover como gestor de arranque. Las instrucciones para instalar macOS 10.14 Mojave en este ordenador son prácticamente las mismas, reemplazando la aplicación Catalina por Mojave, por lo que este artículo sirve para ambas versiones de macOS. La placa base Gigabyte P55-USB3 (y algunas otras de la misma marca con chipset P55 / H55) facilitaron el montaje de un hackintosh desde hace 10 años y la instalación de macOS desde la versión 10.6 Snow Leopard. Aunque se trata de una placa veterana, el comportamiento con Mojave o Catalina es muy bueno después de cambiar el disco duro clásico de platos giratorios (HDD) por uno de estado sólido (SSD).

Componentes del hackintosh

Placa base Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3: chipset P55, socket 1156, audio ALC892, red Gigabit RTL8111D, admite hasta 4 módulos de memoria RAM DDR3 Procesador Intel Core i5-750 para socket 1156: 4 núcleos, caché de 8MB, frecuencia de reloj 2,66 GHz Tarjeta inalámbrica + bluetooth fenvi FV-T919: PCI-Express, wifi es de tipo ac, reconocida por macOS como Airport y bluetooth de Apple Tarjeta gráfica Radeon RX 580 de 8GB: funciona bien tal como sale de la caja pero hay algunos detalles que merecen ser tenidos en cuenta, tiene su propio artículo.
        Requisitos previos

La aplicación Instalar macOS Catalina en la carpeta /Aplicaciones Memoria USB de al menos 16gb preparada desde Utilidad de Discos con esquema de particiones MBR y formateada como Mac Os Plus con registro (en placas Gigabyte antiguas como la mía, las memorias USB particionadas con esquema GUID en vez de MBR suelen colgar el sistema al arrancar) Versión reciente de Clover (he utilizado la versión r5117) Versiones recientes de Lilu (al menos 1.4.4) y WhateverGreen (al menos 1.3.9) para afinar el comportamiento de la tarjeta gráfica Versión reciente de RealtekRTL8111.kext (he utilizado la versión 2.2.2) Versión 6.26-322 de FaceSMC (versiones más recientes inhabilitan el montaje automático de dispositivos USB en mi sistema).
        Crear USB de instalación

Ejecutar este comando desde Terminal (suponiendo que el dispositivo de destino se llama USB):
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app Al terminar la operación hay que instalar Clover en la memoria USB, en mi caso elijo las opciones siguientes:

Instalar Clover en la partición ESP Gestor de arranque > Instalar boot0af en el MBR CloverEFi > CloverEFI 64-bits SATA BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > Recommended drivers > FSInject + SMCHelper + XhciDxe BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > File System drivers > ApfsDriverLoader Instalar los scripts RC en el volumen seleccionado Scripts RC opcionales > Disable sleep proxy client.
        Hay que copiar 4 extensiones a la carpeta EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other del dispositivo USB: FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 y RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2. Respecto al archivo config.plist lo más significativo es:

Boot > kext-dev-mode=1 en Boot arguments Gui > Theme embedded, EmbeddedThemeType Dark, Screen Resolution 1920x1080 (es la de mi monitor), Preboot en Hide Volume Graphics > en blanco, no se marca nada salvo si se utiliza la solución de foxbox para tener más de 2 conectores habilitados RT Variables > 0x28 en BooterConfig y 0x67 en CsrActiveConfig SMBios > iMac14,2 Sytem Parameters > Yes en Inject Kexts y marcar Inject System ID.
        Instalar macOS Catalina

Arrancar desde el dispositivo USB y elegir Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina. Comienza el programa de instalación hasta que se reinicia el PC. Aquí se elige Install macOS from HDD (el nombre del volumen en el que estás instalando macOS). Con la tarjeta gráfica RX 580 se pierde la pantalla (en negro) en esta segunda fase de la instalación, es una fase en la que el usuario no interviene hasta que se vuelve a reiniciar el PC por lo que puedes dejarlo funcionar hasta que se muestre el menú de Clover del USB otra vez. Hay que elegir Boot macOS from HDD para arrancar el sistema instalado desde el disco duro, se recupera la pantalla y se puede configurar la cuenta y las opciones iniciales. A partir de este momento la pantalla funciona bien. En resumen:

Arranque desde USB > menú Clover > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > pantalla funciona bien Arranque desde USB > menú Clover > Install macOS from MacintoshHD > pantalla en negro Arranque desde USB > menú Clover > Boot macOS from MacintoshHD > pantalla funciona bien.
        Instalar Clover y extensiones en el disco duro

Hay que instalar Clover en el disco en el que acabamos de instalar macOS. Las opciones son las mismas que al instalarlo en la memoria USB. También hay que copiar las 4 extensiones (FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 y RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2) a la carpeta EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other de la partición EFI del disco. Y repasar el archivo config.plist recordando lo comentado para el USB. Si todo ha ido bien, al reiniciar sin dispositivo USB el ordenador arranca desde el disco duro con macOS Catalina en marcha.

Nota: no comento nada del sonido porque utilizo un dispositivo externo de sonido por USB que funciona sin requerir configuraciones adicionales de ningún tipo. Esta placa base lleva el chip de sonido Realtek ALC892 que tengo desactivado, si deseas utilizarlo hay opciones para activarlo, si buscas ALC892 Catalina o ALC892 Mojave encontrarás soluciones para ello.