Lilu — kext and process patcher

vit9696
394 posts in this topic

Hello

For my similar problem My R9 270x is seen as R9 370x
However, it's just an aesthetic fact, the awakening after the stop is perfect and all the outputs work
Thanks @vit9696

Thanks @vit9696 :angel_not: 

• Like 1

Hello

However, it's just an aesthetic fact, the awakening after the stop is perfect and all the outputs workThanks @vit9696

Thanks @vit9696 :angel_not: 

Same here my R9 270X is shown as R9 370X. Sleep/Wake works audio after wake works as well.

Dual Display also works.

HDMI and DP

WarDoc, the multimonitor issue is usually all about connectors. You probably want to build your custom ones. The FAQ describes how to provide them to WhateverGreen.

i got the debug info and it seems your auto patcher only fixes the issue for a single model of the  290x and it's not the stock i just need a little help not a faq page that offers nothing helpful besides a debugger 

• Like 1

Hello

Same here my R9 270X is shown as R9 370X. Sleep/Wake works audio after wake works as well.

Provide screenshot from DPCI Manager->PCI List and i will add your subsystem-vendor-id and subsystem-id with correct model name  

• Like 1

No triple display though, not with DP+HDMI+DVI nor with HDMI+DP+DP haven't tested the DP+DVI+DVI I just assumed it wouldn't work.

Provide screenshot from DPCI Manager->PCI List and i will add your subsystem-vendor-id and subsystem-id with correct model name  

@vandroiy2012 Thanks :)

post-1011040-0-28571900-1501344577_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-04820700-1501344584_thumb.png

• Like 1

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3y5hldpEFDYc1BOaE8wMl9iYWM?usp=sharingif you can help with 3 monitor support i made a folder with ioreg dpci info and debug log

I never use 3 displays with my test rig which has the R9 270X in it but it will be really great to have the support though :)

i 100% agree but i use 3 all the time for work and macos work suffers from lack of support 

• Like 1

Added. Will be in next release.

Thanks a lot for your support man :)

What can be done about the triple display? I'm just curious is that gonna be in the next release as well?

i 100% agree but i use 3 all the time for work and macos work suffers from lack of support 

I'm pretty sure that the developers will resolve this issue as well.

It's so wonderful that they could resolve the black screen issue with these kexts. If I knew about it sooner I would have kept my R9 390X GPU ;)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your support man :)

What can be done about the triple display? I'm just curious is that gonna be in the next release as well?

I'm pretty sure that the developers will resolve this issue as well.

It's so wonderful that they could resolve the black screen issue with these kexts. If I knew about it sooner I would have kept my R9 390X GPU ;)

my 390x freezes on desktop also stuck to two screens 

my 390x freezes on desktop also stuck to two screens 

Just be patient my friend ,I'm quite sure that we will get there with the help of @vit9696 @vandroiy2012 and @RemB.

Few days ago I didn't even know that the guys solved the black screen issue and now we are pushing them to have the full support on our various AMD GPUs :D

• Like 2

Just be patient my friend ,I'm quite sure that we will get there with the help of @vit9696 @vandroiy2012 and @RemB.

Few days ago I didn't even know that the guys solved the black screen issue and now we are pushing them to have the full support on our various AMD GPUs :D

these days that's a dream but i will hope for the best

• Like 1

First of all, I would like to give a big hand all of you that have make this possible! WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext 1.1.6 is working fantastic with AMD Fury.Without iGPU helper....Zero problem so far… and heavy load apps e.g iMovie, Final Cut Pro,Adobe AE  etc. working magnificent. Sleep mode also works nicely!

I also tested kext with highSierra dp4 and only metal support missing! any clue? 

Bios settings at my Asus B150I Pro: Advanced/Primary Dispaly= Auto and iGPU Multi-Monitor=Disable

Thanks

Well seems like someone has finally found a fix for Sierra and High Sierra to not require iGPU as primary, maybe Clover will take this and make it native into Clover

• Like 1

This arguments are deprecated. Lilu 1.1.6 and WhateverGreen 1.0.0 already have HS in supported systems. 

Yeah,it seems to be. Sorry my bad. I tried to do make AMDRadeonX4200.kext 0x73001002 patch, but no go!

Looks like HS is using AMD9300Controller.kext but no acceleration...

Thanks!

@RemB thanks so much for discovering how to fix the sleep/wake issue and to OP for having a framework to produce a fix.  I am ecstatic as AMD cards are the only cards that truly work with 5K monitors on the Mac.  I now have a triple 5K setup working very well and without all of the helper card / FCPX acceleration problems that existed before.

One bug of note ... I tried adding a HD 7970 as a second card (no monitors) to my system and it caused the Firepro W9000 (my primary) to go black on boot and also not detect all the monitors attached to it. Was able to screen share in as usual with that kind of issue.  Not sure if that means anything to you, but if you want logs to help fix the issue, I can provide them.

Well seems like someone has finally found a fix for Sierra and High Sierra to not require iGPU as primary, maybe Clover will take this and make it native into Clover

sadly more needs to be done pavo multi monitor is not complete 

-raddvi did nothing still no triple displays only 2

let me explain a bit more 

when hdmi and DP are plugged in DVI's plugs don't work at all i plug in another monitor and it doesnt even pick it up or flash it's like they dont exist at all unless i remove hdmi then only 1 dvi works at a time 

here is newest debug log https://pastebin.com/7VGwySCVwith raddvi

• Like 1