Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PsychoKoopa

Kernel Panic when booting Niresh Mavericks on HP Notebook

3 posts in this topic

I've been trying to setup Niresh Mavericks on my HP 15-r17ca notebook. The setup works fine with the flags "xpcm-free", and "cpus=1" but on start up I get a kernel panic (picture below). Just wondering if anyone knows what I can do to fix this problem.

Update: Booting in safe mode works. In verbose mode it keeps repeating that AppleSmartBatteryManager failed.

Update 2: I reinstalled without checking enable battery percentage and now it doesn't panic. It does get stuck at something about Bluetooth though. (Image 2)

post-1569571-0-53225800-1487073399_thumb.jpg

post-1569571-0-98719100-1487073419_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

The battery problem is caused by the battery kext that Niresh installs. Do yourself a favour. Niresh is {censored}, don't use it. Try a vanilla install. You won't have battery problems. Anyway, the bluetooth error is caused not by bluetooth surprisingly, but is caused instead by an incompatible Graphics Processor. Bluetooth transfer errors occur when the OS cannot load the UI. Please post your specs. After we fix this issue I recommend you use this PC to create a vanilla installation USB of OS X.

To do a Vanilla install, see the thread here.

Good luck,

- Matt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Donw35
      I have a HP 840 G3 that was donated to me to Hackintosh, currently running High Sierra 10.13.6. This should work for the 840 G2 and you may even have more luck with the 840 G1 with the WiFi that PCIe.

My method to install OS X on the SSD from a working real Mac via SSD to USB converter. I then install Clover and add my kexts ad set the config.plist

Not working
      SD Card reader

Working
      Video - screen looks better in OS X then it does in Windows 10
      VGA port
      WiFi and BlueTooth working OOO using the below hack
      Battery status with Rehabman's DSDT patch
      Brightness controls
      Sounds - using VoodooHDA
      Microphone - cannot turn it off or mute
      Keyboard backlight - controlled though BIOS anyways
      touchpad - using VoodooPS2Controller
      USB3 - this laptop has two on board only and I haven't test them using the docking station
      USB3.1 C
      Ethernet - using IntelMausiEthernet
      Sleep - kind of, closing the lid doesn't go to sleep but goes to sleep over time.

Not tested
      This laptop does not have a Webcam - enterprise model.
      Display port
      Finger Print device

For me what keeps this from being a day to day usable laptop (Mac Book) is the WiFi + Bluetooth, not having battery percentage could be an issue later though.

Clover_folder for those that want to play along.

HP_840_G3_Clover.zip
    • By Anirban Mandal
      Hello everyone.

I am new to this hackintosh world (about 1 week now) and I am very impressed with the sort of results it has yielded in my workflow. I use my laptop for guitar DSP and recording audio and have been able to come up with a good enough mackintosh build for it (using High Sierra 10.13.1 now).

For the past one week I have been trying to get rid of an annoying popup "your computer was. restarted because of an error". If you take a look at the error report you shall notice Darwin 18.0.0 as being mentioned, which I presume is Mojave.

What I had done is install 10.13.1 -> 10.13.3 -> 10.13.5 -> 10.14 Beta, where the 10.14 Beta failed and since then the error started popping up. After that I have reinstalled 10.13.1 multiple times, installed it to a different hard disk, used 'shred' from a linux live session on my laptops HDD and installed and still that error message won't go away.

Everything functions fine, the error message is just annoying. If someone can help me get rid of it, it would just make the hackontish build cooler.

PFA Error report.

Cheers.
      Error Report.rtf
    • By stuckinstandby
      Hello

My wife's early 2009 Snow Leopard iMac has started failing to boot properly and I'm looking for some troubleshooting tips.

Booting from cold, it gets past the logon screen and starts loading the desktop. It's quite slow at this point, but does load all the (hundreds of!) icons on the desktop. It also tries to re-open Firefox which had a lot of tabs open. Initially it would load a Firefox window but not complete loading the internals. On one boot I think I managed to close Firefox and now it still tries to load but just displays "Firefox" in the title bar with no windows.

I can initially access a few menus, spotlight, Finder, the dock, but any further action results in a beach ball for these, and they can't be accessed again. I was able to navigate Finder to try to launch Terminal but just it just gave me the beach ball.

I've left it like this for about half an hour but it doesn't get any further and I have to force shutdown (long press of power button).

I tried booting to safe mode (holding down S on startup) but the end result was the same.

I've been able to boot to a live ubuntu USB disk and can access files on the hard disk, so I've started a backup. We have a time machine backup but it's not that recent.

I'm hoping it's just a corrupt file, but suspect it's the hard disk starting to fail.

What's the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
    • By johnny28
      Ho installato da tempo High Sierra su un disco SDD separato, mentre su un'altro SSD c'è Windows 10 e su di un al'tro disco Linux-Ubuntu.
      Purtroppo non so come e perché, ma sicuramente per qualcosa che ho fatto, ma che non ricordo, all'avvio del PC, quando premo il tasto F12 per selezionare il sistema operativo da avviare, mi compare ancora OSX, ma Clover putroppo non si avvia (si vede il messaggio Faild to open \EFI\BOOT\grubx64.efi - Not Found  ecc... start_image() returned Not Found).

E' possibile riavviare High-Sierra già installato (partizione APFS), in un qualche modo?