Thanks, full worked on mojave, install on S/L/E

device is 10ec:5289

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 20.15.49.png

Edited by cendana

Advertisement

Hi everybody,
My Laptop is a Dell XPS 15-9560 with Realtek PCIE-Card-Reader 10EC:525A
Not working with 10.14.6
Sinetek-rtsx.kext is in /L/E, but is not loaded.

PCI-List_Hackintool.thumb.png.82fc319c41868f7c3e1d5b26df230d27.png

System_Extensions.thumb.png.59b1163de8cdef85aa8ab4c60d345b59.png

EDIT: I have added 0x525A10EC to the Info.plist.
Now the driver is loaded.
An SDHC or SDXC card is still not recognized.

Edited by windowless31

Laptop HP Probook 450G4 with internal reader , driver works well for me. Don't have anything to compare, but I found no problems.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:47 AM, girardpallet said:

egore24  did you fix 0x10EC-0x525A ?

I have not had any success with our card, sadly. Anyone else?

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.32.28 PM.png

Edited by egore24

Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-50U2) internal Card Reader (0x528710EC) working on Catalina with your kext. Thank you!

Edited by juniorairton

For those with a 0x525A, I am trying to make this kext work.

As of now, the kext loads and can read the card once it's inserted (writing is disabled for now). It will stop working if you extract and insert the card again. I will be working on this kext at least for a few weeks, so you can expect improvements and if you can help troubleshooting that would be very welcome. Source code (modified from @Sinetek and @syscl's) is here.

Sinetek-rtsx-1.0.zip

On 3/23/2020 at 11:59 PM, cholonam said:

For those with a 0x525A, I am trying to make this kext work.

As of now, the kext loads and can read the card once it's inserted (writing is disabled for now). It will stop working if you extract and insert the card again. I will be working on this kext at least for a few weeks, so you can expect improvements and if you can help troubleshooting that would be very welcome. Source code (modified from @Sinetek and @syscl's) is here.

Sinetek-rtsx-1.0.zip

YES! This one worked for me... However, it takes quite a while to recognise the SD card and the device doesn't appear anywhere in the "system report". Weird. 

My SD card reader is a 0x5287.

Thanks Cholonam!

@cholonam thank you for maintaining (and improving) a working source. That is supervaluable! I might try to help your improve your version, but I still have a lot of questions regarding the kext. Let me know if I can PM you.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:05 AM, carlinyos said:

@cholonam thank you for maintaining (and improving) a working source. That is supervaluable! I might try to help your improve your version, but I still have a lot of questions regarding the kext. Let me know if I can PM you.

Sure you can :) I am still learning about the kext too, but I think I could make it work properly. I just need time, which I don't have a lot.. What I've learned so far:

1. The kext is basically the OpenBSD driver with a layer on top (Sinetek_rtsx.cpp/SDDisk.cpp) to make it work using the macOS' IOKit framework. Looks like syscl added the PM-management part on top of Sinetek's work, but does not look like working, so I just disabled it for now (rstx_activate() just returns 0).
  2. I'm afraid that even if we make the OpenBSD driver fully working, even this driver seems buggy and not 100% working.. the ideal way to go would be to port the Linux driver. I have compared both and they set registers differently, even some register numbers are different... Seems like the BSD driver was designed for just one particular card and just "happens to kind of work" with other cards too. That means the only hope to continue with this driver is that: 1) the OpenBSD team does some more work on it, and 2) that we can port those changes back again. I definitely don't have time to port the linux driver, even though it doesn't look too difficult. Maybe someone with Linux kernel and Darwin kernel experience (or eager to learn) wants to take the challenge...
  3. What I am doing in the develop branch is to implement a "BSD compatibility layer" so that we can use the OpenBSD code almost untouched and integration is easier if/when the BSD driver is improved. My goal is to just change the headers included by the BSD files to a single "openbsd_compat.h" which takes care off all the differences between BSD and mac functions. After I am done with this low-level part, I'll start looking into everything else that needs to be done (PM, multiblock read, stability...). Anyone willing to collaborate is welcome :)

Cheers!

6 hours ago, cholonam said:

Sure you can :) I am still learning about the kext too, but I think I could make it work properly. I just need time, which I don't have a lot.. What I've learned so far:

1. The kext is basically the OpenBSD driver with a layer on top (Sinetek_rtsx.cpp/SDDisk.cpp) to make it work using the macOS' IOKit framework. Looks like syscl added the PM-management part on top of Sinetek's work, but does not look like working, so I just disabled it for now (rstx_activate() just returns 0).
  2. I'm afraid that even if we make the OpenBSD driver fully working, even this driver seems buggy and not 100% working.. the ideal way to go would be to port the Linux driver. I have compared both and they set registers differently, even some register numbers are different... Seems like the BSD driver was designed for just one particular card and just "happens to kind of work" with other cards too. That means the only hope to continue with this driver is that: 1) the OpenBSD team does some more work on it, and 2) that we can port those changes back again. I definitely don't have time to port the linux driver, even though it doesn't look too difficult. Maybe someone with Linux kernel and Darwin kernel experience (or eager to learn) wants to take the challenge...
  3. What I am doing in the develop branch is to implement a "BSD compatibility layer" so that we can use the OpenBSD code almost untouched and integration is easier if/when the BSD driver is improved. My goal is to just change the headers included by the BSD files to a single "openbsd_compat.h" which takes care off all the differences between BSD and mac functions. After I am done with this low-level part, I'll start looking into everything else that needs to be done (PM, multiblock read, stability...). Anyone willing to collaborate is welcome :)

Cheers!

Thanks for the amazing work that you did.

As long as the kext works after wake from sleep, can eject and mount + read and write, it's absolutely amazing and just all we need for the currently supported card readers.

Lenovo Thinkpads with Haswell and Broadwell generations have the 5227 model

The last version from sinetek was working with read and write, eject and mount but after you let the laptop sleep then wake, it broke.

I haven't tested using a fast SD card but even at current supported speeds we would be more than happy to have a working kext released.

Thanks in advance !

Thanks @cholonam :thumbsup_anim:

I tested your preliminary kext v1.0 on my Dell Latitude 7490 fitted with RTS525a microSD card reader. MicroSD cards (SD, SDHC) now mount and can be accessed in RO mode. Contrary to your earlier statement, I can eject and re-insert cards at will without apparent limitations or issues; the cards are always accessible upon re-insertion, it just takes about 10s to mount them. Also works after wake.

RTS525a_Catalina.jpg.e64433dea482941f36faed95df457c38.jpg

RTS525a_Info.jpg.1014a8d67d0560b388c5e49ce6244029.jpg   RTS525a_DU.jpg.9c8d63931d518fd231010caacb5c3824.jpg

RTS525a_SysProfiler_PCI.jpg.92d27c0fb22626bdbff91fcea3d32134.jpg

Edited by Hervé