ricola

[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.4

235 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Unfortunately this did not work in my situation. Maybe my DSDT patching is different to yours.

Yes this works fine for me also but does not provide adjustment via my f keys but it is a good workaround for now. Hopefully Apple will correct this with the next beta,

Me too. I lost brightness real change in 10.12.4 dp1. I can increase/decrease only brightness popup when i change it.

Hope fix next build.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Updated 10.12.4 build 16E144f for my real MacBook9,1 & MacBookPro13,2 and the brightness saving just work like a charm...

But I think this could be related to NVRAM for hackintosh builds. I saw AppleEFINVRAM has been changed a lot but I can't assure if it causes so.

Radeon HD 5570 shows flicker.

I restored the kext graphics of 12.3 but the situation is the same: hd works but bad for exactly the same way.

No idea where the problem may reside for a card whose id is still present in AMDLegacySupport.kext?

Sorry for the English and thank you.

Update from 12.3 Final to 12.4 Beta (16E144f)
I lost the onboard sound on the ALC1150, but I'm still not sure if it was because the OS or the Clover update for v3.2k_r3994.

I tried with the Clover r3974 and did not finish the boot. With Clover r3994, the system boots normally, but without ALC1150 onboard sound and without speedsteps. (I'm trying to understand and study about it) :) 
The Nvidia Web Driver, editing NVDAStartup.kext form 16D to 16E, recognizes my graphic card and allows some resolutions (not all), but without full acceleration what is understandable.
Bluetooth, WiFi and all USB's remained ok.
XPCM/Speedsteps have stopped working and I think it requires new or additional patches... but as I said above, I am studying the case! :yes:

EDIT 1:
I just tested and confirmed that it is a Clover bug. As I mentioned before, with 12.2 and 12.3 and with the previous Clover I had no stress. I started having it from the moment I updated to 12.4 and upgraded to the Clover r3994, since the previous version of Clover did not finish the boot in 12.4
And the result was this:
With all xcpm patchs enabled in Plist - Cpu blocks at maximum frequency.
With all xcpm patchs disabled in Plist - Everything everything went back to normal, XCPM working, Speedsteps working, Freq.Vectors loaded, everything loaded.
With all xcpm patchs deleted in Plist - Cpu blocks at maximum frequency.
Sounds like a Big Clover Bug! They reversed the disabled/enabled flags  ;) 

EDIT 2:
Everything solved with the installation of the new Clover r3998 icon_thumbup.gif

post-1313347-0-38404100-1485735119_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-82025300-1485735567_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-87077700-1485735578_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-18084300-1485735594_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-37023500-1485735600_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-91701000-1485735605_thumb.png

You need to fix your audio either with appleHDA patcher or which ever method you used. I am also awaiting new nvidia drivers as I lost acceleration with 16E as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I lost the onboard sound on the ALC1150, but I'm still not sure if it was because the OS or the Clover update for v3.2k_r3994.

I tried with the Clover r3974 and did not finish the boot. With Clover r3994, the system boots normally, but without ALC1150 onboard sound and without speedsteps. (I'm trying to understand and study about it) :)

The Nvidia Web Driver, editing NVDAStartup.kext form 16D to 16E, recognizes my graphic card and allows some resolutions (not all), but without full acceleration what is understandable.

XPCM/Speedsteps have stopped working and I think it requires new or additional patches... but as I said above, I am studying the case! :yes:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/306156-Clover-Bug/Issue-Report-and-Patch&do=findComment&comment=2357571

Try this

And give me report.

Need to find issue clearly now

Thank you

You need to fix your audio either with appleHDA patcher or which ever method you used. I am also awaiting new nvidia drivers as I lost acceleration with 16E as well.

Clover has audio issue(patches not work in KextToPatch) in r3994.

I already report before. Still not resolved completely.

If you have audio issue, try http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/306156-Clover-Bug/Issue-Report-and-Patch&do=findComment&comment=2357571

Thank you

My audio working fine with alc1150 and clover 3994

What is your audio kext?

AppleALC? Or VoodooHDA?

there are no problem above 2 kexts,

Only happen binary patch in KextToPatch with DummyHDA.kext

here is fix clover files.

tell me if you get sound and speedstep and work any features

thank you

Ah ok I use fully patched AppleHDA from AppleHDA patcher.

strange. my case is not work. also some users report this.

Add. You use "Full" AppleHDA file. Already done binary patched. Therefore, you dont have sound issue

thank you.

r3994 fix.zip

For me the generic brightness.kext uploaded by mnfesq works from clover/kext folder.

Earlier was using the ACPIBacklight.kext by rehab man. That does not work anymore.

My hardware is pretty old so may be thats the reason. May be something has changed with nightshift incorporation that affects how brightness works in hackintoshes.

For me the generic brightness.kext uploaded by mnfesq works from clover/kext folder.

Earlier was using the ACPIBacklight.kext by rehab man. That does not work anymore.

My hardware is pretty old so may be thats the reason. May be something has changed with nightshift incorporation that affects how brightness works in hackintoshes.

you're right. i tested it. rehabman's intelbacklight.kext is not work in 10.12.4 dp1

generic brightness.kext is working for me. my hardware is skylake laptop

we have to report it to @rehabman

thank you for information

you're right. i tested it. rehabman's intelbacklight.kext is not work in 10.12.4 dp1

Similar to my situation, with IntelBacklight.kext brightness does not function but without kext it does just unsure if it has the right amount of "steps" and it's not as fluid when changing brightness. Have never used any other kext for backlight.

Similar to my situation, with IntelBacklight.kext brightness does not function but without kext it does just unsure if it has the right amount of "steps" and it's not as fluid when changing brightness. Have never used any other kext for backlight.

Having the same issue... Should I remove IntelBacklight kext then?

You can remove it and try the generic brightness.kext posted or try without a kext.

I would use "Brightness" by bergdesign until I figure a fix for IntelBacklight.kext (or Apple fixes what they broke).

here is fix clover files.

tell me if you get sound and speedstep and work any features

thank you

strange. my case is not work. also some users report this.

Add. You use "Full" AppleHDA file. Already done binary patched. Therefore, you dont have sound issue

thank you.

Thank you Sherlocks,

With this fix for Clover r3994, my ALC1150 and AppleHDA returned to normal. Now with great sound again!  :yes:

But about XCPM:

With all xcpm patchs disabled in Plist - Everything everything went back to normal, XCPM working, Speedsteps working, Freq.Vectors loaded, everything loaded.

post-1313347-0-62794100-1485883745_thumb.png

Thank you Sherlocks,

With this fix for Clover r3994, my ALC1150 and AppleHDA returned to normal. Now with great sound again! :yes:

But about XCPM:

With all xcpm patchs enabled in Plist - Cpu blocks at maximum frequency.

With all xcpm patchs disabled in Plist - Everything everything went back to normal, XCPM working, Speedsteps working, Freq.Vectors loaded, everything loaded.

With all xcpm patchs deleted in Plist - Cpu blocks at maximum frequency.

Sounds like a Big Clover Bug! They reversed the disabled/enabled flags ;)

You are first reporter now!!!! Thank you so much.

KernelToPatch Enable or disable not working right? Or work like r3974? I dont have good english.

Okay reversed enable/disable in KernelPatch. I will check

If have problem about enable/disable in KernelToPatch, i will give you file to fix this issue.

You are first reporter now!!!! Thank you so much.

KernelToPatch Enable or disable not working right? Or work like r3974? I dont have good english.

Okay reversed enable/disable in KernelPatch. I will check

If have problem about enable/disable in KernelToPatch, i will give you file to fix this issue.

@Sherlocks I testd your version and all work, but I use AppleALC.

Here you go bootlog

Thank you Sherlocks,

With this fix for Clover r3994, my ALC1150 and AppleHDA returned to normal. Now with great sound again!  :yes:

But about XCPM:

@Sherlocks I testd your version and all work, but I use AppleALC.

Here you go bootlog

@Fergarth

@crusher. thank you for report. your log is good. also you don't have problem audio, because AppleALC has already binary patch.

here is r3995 fix file. please test again

i tested r3995 fix. but need more report

post-980913-0-10983100-1485886337_thumb.png

r3995 fix.zip