[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.4

ricola

201 posts in this topic

Updated to 10.12.3 at black screen, because of Radeon.

When disk activity became low (about 10 minutes) I made sleep trick: sleep and then wake. I woke in new system! 

• Like 2

I got 10.12.4 installed but it was ugly.  I had to move all of my Clover kexts to LE and I had to rebuild the kernel cache at least 6 times.  Everything's working with my Clover kexts in LE.  I'll try moving them back to Clover but I suspect a Clover update may be in order.

• Like 2

The game changed

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KernelToPatch</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>startupExt by Micky1979</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    6CUAAADrBeieBQAA
    </data>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.12.4</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    6CUAAACQkOieBQAA
    </data>
  </dict>
  • Like 1

After I've removed the IntelBacklight.kext, brightness is working again on my Laptop

I like the Night Shift feature, i find it more relaxing at low light.

attachicon.gifnightshift.jpg

Thanks for the tip but even after removing InterBacklight.kext my brightness still does not function. I have the control for it but it doesnt change the brightness level as seen in pics.

post-1083558-0-35772000-1485399086_thumb.png

post-1083558-0-29053300-1485399089_thumb.png

• Like 1

macOS 10.12.4 went smoothly on Z77-DS3H. Just had to reload kext for audio and Ethernet. Rebuild caches and all good. Update went smoothly on my 2007 20" iMac as well. Only bad thing is night shift doesn't show up in display options. But night shift works great on my hackintosh with the old 23" Cinema Display.

I'm sure there's gotta be a way to enable it on the 2007 iMac

Thanks for the tip but even after removing InterBacklight.kext my brightness still does not function. I have the control for it but it doesnt change the brightness level as seen in pics.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.27.16 pm.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.27.30 pm.png

Try this, great app for switching brightness on external displays https://github.com/superduper/BrightnessMenulet

• Like 1

The game changed

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KernelToPatch</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>startupExt by Micky1979</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    6CUAAADrBeieBQAA
    </data>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.12.4</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    6CUAAACQkOieBQAA
    </data>
  </dict>

This worked for me!  I added this to my config.plist, deleted the Clover kexts I had put into LE, rebuilt caches and rebooted.  It didn't work.  I rebooted again.  This time, it worked.  I rebooted again.  It worked again. Yay!  Thanks.

I assume that, fairly soon, a Clover update will incorporate this kernel patch so that it won't be necessary for me to keep this in my config.plist.  I saw some Clover files posted in the Clover discussion thread but I'm one of those people that wait until my Clover updater tells me there is an update to download.

Oh, by the way, the code you posted is incomplete.  Below the last line, you need to add the following code:

</array>

EDIT:  This patch is no longer necessary for me with Clover_v2.3k_r3994. 

• Like 3

This worked for me! I added this to my config.plist, deleted the Clover kexts I had put into LE, rebuilt caches and rebooted. It didn't work. I rebooted again. This time, it worked. I rebooted again. It worked again. Yay! Thanks.

I assume that, fairly soon, a Clover update will incorporate this kernel patch so that it won't be necessary for me to keep this in my config.plist. I saw some Clover files posted in the Clover discussion thread but I'm one of those people that wait until my Clover updater tells me there is an update to download.

Oh, by the way, the code you posted is incomplete. Below the last line, you need to add the following code:

</array>
Whats this for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here you go:

attachicon.gifGenericBrightness.kext.zip

Unfortunately this did not work in my situation. Maybe my DSDT patching is different to yours.

If you want a menubar for brightness, why not just install "Brightness" from bergdesign?

It works fine with 10.12.4 and IntelBacklight.kext.

Yes this works fine for me also but does not provide adjustment via my f keys but it is a good workaround for now. Hopefully Apple will correct this with the next beta,

• Like 1

Updating to 10.12.4 Public Beta 1 I have a deep trouble.

My screen is flickering. 

If I attach two monitors, one to Intel embedded and second to Radeon then Radeon flickering.

New system has two new kexts AMDLegacy*** and they are attached to my Radeon.

If I move them to trash them no signal.

This is deadened for my AMD Radeon HD6670. It is no more supported since 10.12.4.

As I temporary solution I work in 10.12.2 now.

• Like 1