MaLd0n

[Guide] Sierra / High Sierra on ASUS Z170M PLUS / DSDT

350 posts in this topic

Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset!

Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

mobo.png
First...
If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake...
-Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen)
-Run it, post files generated in your desktop
gathering.gif
Installation

--Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra
Check out the link

--Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra
Check out the link

--Install Clover in USB stick

--Replace with my Clover folder 

--Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!

Post Installation

--Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder

--Reboot and activate video!

-Nvidia WebDriver Sierra
-Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra
-Cuda

--DSDT
My DSDT with patches for Skylake

Patches
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-SLPB
-DMAC
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-IMEI
-PNLF
-HDMI

--FakeSMC

--Audio

--USB

--LAN

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!

ENJOY!

Advertisement

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He is returned to the man of the night, the man of dsdt. the crazy black and white man, you are welcome

PS: This fake smc is a fake  :yes:  :yes:

kp in many mobos, need edit for u! z170m work like a charm!

MaLd0n, please I need 2 helps!!

My motherboard is GA-Z170m-D3H, and is possible use this configuration for clover and same plist?

My processor is Skylake i7 and my Nvidia is GTX 980 Hall Of Fame and i can't fix recognition for this.

Im not know edit dsdt, so im not use (its necessary?) 

Tks!!

Nvidia Drivers

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-12152016/

i apply smbios iMac14,2 for easy activate video, after u need a iMac 17,1

replace full folder

CLOVER max.1974.zip

native PM run in terminal

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
sudo ~/ssdtPRGen.sh

easy way

sudo nvram -c
sudo purge
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -a x86_64 -z -v 2
sudo kextcache -system-caches -v 2
sudo touch /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch /L*/E*

and where is sudo -c nubbies ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

Catalina 10.15.2 - Windows 10
      What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) No problem so far ASUS HyperKit with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB  
      What is not working:
      -  

Not tested:
      VideoProc says that Hardware Decoding\Encoding is fully supported and enabled on both HD 530 and RX 5700 but I didn't test it Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: Primary Display: Auto iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled RC6(Render Standby): Enabled DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: Intel SpeedStep: Enabled CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5098): Click here -> ASUS-Z170_catalina.zip  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Notes:

2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload

• By rguibi
      Hello

I have a laptop HP EliteBook 840 G2 - Core i5 5300U - 2.3 GHz and graphic card intel HD5500 and installed a SIERRA , but the definition of the graphics card is not installed
    • By soumaxetuirk
      If you have a working Brightness Slider and you might be using Brightness slider or manual hotkeys to control brightness then this guide may help you to use your Native hotkeys of laptop.

(All the Credits goes to @RehabMan     For OS-X-ACPI-Debug Kext and DSDT Patches.)

This step assumes that you are using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller or Acidanthera's PS2Controller
      Install the kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug Open MaciASL and click on patch.(Add rehab man repo) Apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC Queries" that are under Brightness Fix. Save the DSDT and restart Look in Syslog as you press the key corresponding to brightness to determine which _QXX methods handle the keys (UPDATE: From Sierra Apple changed logging process. So you won't find ACPIdebug result using syslog command. Instead use following command )
      log show --last 5 | grep ACPIDebug 6. Then patch DSDT:
      into method label _Q1D replace_content begin // Brightness Down\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0205)\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0285)\n end; into method label _Q1C replace_content begin // Brightness Up\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0206)\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M, 0x0286)\n end; Change the variable _Q1D/_Q1C as per the log. 

7. Try compiling and check if it generates errors
      8. If it does, then change the PS2M to PS2X according to the one found in your DSDT
      9. Save and place the compiled DSDT.
      10. Now you should see that you have your corresponding keys to change your brightness 

FOR  more detail and Queries,Check Out original Post of @RehabMan Here;
      http://www.insanelym...18#entry1997112
      Get Latest Version of  OS-X-ACPI-Debug kext here:
      https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-debug/downloads
    • By tlefko
      Now updated for 10.13.6+ Designed for i7 Skylake, QHD+, 256/8GB memory
      https://github.com/tlefko/OSX-XPS13-9350
      INSTALL
      you may want to disable Configure BIOS settings for EFI Booting. Disable RAID, enable AHCI, virtualization, make sure VRAM is over 32. and you should be set. also disable secure boot and enable UEFI booting You should create an EFI folder onto the USB and copy the contents of the USB onto the drive Boot off the usb using external mouse/keyboard (if required) and follow the installer prompts boot off the MAC HDD NOTES
      You may want to remove the DSDT patches if you have an issue. and manually repatch. however if you have the same model it should not be an issue. POST INSTALL
      Copy the folders from the root of the USB onto the computer efi folder. NOTES
      Some sleep bugs Tested with 10.13.6, not with 10.14 DSDT patches may have an issues if not the same model, you can remove them if there is an issue. CREDITS
      @Rehabman @maz-1 @syscl @darkvoid SUPPORT
      feel free to ask questions / open answers, you can also check out my other repository covering a previous mac version for the same model for other files for that / information on this topic Files.zip