How to boot Mac OS-DVD insted Original OS boot disc

vidas

6 posts in this topic

Hi, is there a chance to boot Mac-OS from starting disc without having OS-disc with was shipped by Mac store. I have bought Tiger 10.4.6 but i can boot it when i start Mac pressing c- key. And there is no way that i can go to Mac Store ask for service because i live in Russia- Siberia occurred isolation problems from the Mac - service , i need that Mac alive soon . If anyone know how to hack that problem, thanks in advance!!!!

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you want to install Mac OS X on your computer? Your rebooting the computer with the C key held down to let it boot from the DVD to get to the installer?

Juan Luis thx for comment , wanna know some more.... does that Mac OSX-boot CD must be uniq for iMac?

Well, there are two versions of Mac OSX discs: PowerPC and Intel. It sounds like you have an Intel iMac, but you are trying to use a PowerPC MacOSX disc, so it won't work. You'll need to obtain a retail Mac OSX Tiger disc (black discs) or an Intel OEM (gray) Tiger disc. Anything earlier than Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4.x) won't work for sure on your iMac.

Hope I wrote that clearly enough. Sounds like your english isn't perfect. If you're still not clear, I've got a buddy who's fluent in Russian; I'll ask him to translate :)