anonymousthing

Help needed for sleep/wake on laptop (UX305UA)

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble trying to get sleep working on my laptop. The symptoms are as if there is no power management; upon attempting to sleep, the display will turn off but the laptop otherwise remains on. I have everything else working, including power management/speed stepping so I suspect its just DSDT issues from here (or I'm just forgetting something really key...). 

Ioreg (2.1) and DSDT are zipped and attached. 

Thanks!

Archive.zip

Advertisement

1) first try going to sleep without the charger

2) give it a few seconds to sleep maybe even more

3) try sudo dmesg | grep "Wake reason"

1) Using charger makes no difference
2) Waiting for up to 5 minutes and it still isn't asleep
3) It doesn't even go to sleep, let alone wake... I have to force reboot it when this happens

Check if you have power management working S3 state is available and also in Activity Monitor if there is a process preventing sleep (you have a separate column with yes/no)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kylon
      A big thanks to wegface for teaching me a lot of things.

Tested on Catalina 10.15.4 and Clover EFI 5104 (Catalina Patcher)

Not Working:
      - realtek sd card reader (pm me if you have a fix)

Notes:
      **CPU patches are disabled, if you are using a locked BIOS you must enable them**

Clover EFI:
      - Install it in UEFI Mode and change your hdd partition table to GPT.
      - You will be able to install ANY OS in EFI mode, even if this pc does not support EFI at all! (No guide available for this)

You will need:
      My unlocked BIOS (OPTIONAL) (here) Latest Clover config from CCE Bank (here) (asus k53sj-kylon) Rehabman Voodoo PS2 Controller (here) acidanthera AppleALC (here) acidanthera Lilu (here) acidanthera VirtualSMC (here) acidanthera SMCBatteryManager (here) acidanthera SMCLightSensor (here) acidanthera WhateverGreen (here) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (here)
    • By Poirot
      I have a Vanilla Catalina issue….with a different twist.  Installation/upgrade went fine, just took a loooooooong time as I was working from a cloned Mojave external USB hard drive.  Boots just fine, and all my apps seem happy.  Here lies the twist....Sleep/wake.  It will sleep and stay asleep just fine.  The issue is with waking up:

Under Clover with FakeSMC, it would wake, but not accept my password. ??????  Ok, its clover....
      Under Clover 0.5.5 with VitrualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash.  Again, its clover...
      Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with VirtualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash, and no crash log.
      Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with FakeSMC, it sleeps, it wakes,....and accepts my password!!!!   Only once.  The next time it went to sleep, it would wake, but not accept my password.  HUH??????

Kinda strange.  For the most part I have just stuck with Mojave.  I was waiting for the next build of OC, but I may just use OC builder myself and see if the latest solves any issue, as I see there have been quite a few updates to the project.  In the mean time…..suggestions?  I have attached an image of the efi.

Specs:
      Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
      Intel 9900K, stuck @ 4.9Ghz
      Sapphire RX590 Nitro+
      Corsair AX1200i
      32GB Corsair Dominator Ram
      Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL

Poirot

• By kevpatts
      Hey all,

This is the opposite of a lot of other peoples problems!

For me USB ports (ASRock Z390 Phantom mITX) work for USB devices all the time. USB3 devices don't work when I boot until AFTER I sleep and then wake again; then everything works fine.

Any idea how to get them working straight after boot/login?

Kev