Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
MOJAVE HACKINTOSH GUIDE
**FOR** GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO
CREDITS & THANKS
His help with EFI configuration and DSDT
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, rehabman, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon Et al
autumnrain, slice2009, zenith432
ESP PRO MOUNTER
and many more....
• Intel I7 8700
• Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
• Gigabyte AORUS RADEON RX 580 8GB
• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ( 2 x 8GB ) 2666MHz – CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
• Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
• Corsair H100i V2 AIO Hydro/Water RGB LED CPU Cooler
• Samsung EVO 500GB SSD (2.5) macOS Mojave
• Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• NZXT H500 Mid Tower ATX Case
• RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS
• WIFI and Bluetooth with BCM94331CD with PCI-e adapter (but will require AirportBrcmFixup.kext for AirDrop.. )
• HDMI audio on RX580
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0
• Hardware Acceleration
PART 1 - DOWNLOAD
Download the following:
• Aorus Z390 Pro EFI .zip
• ESP MOUNTER PRO v1.9
• macOS MOJAVE
• CLOVER CONFIGURATOR
• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ( Used only to initialise iMessages. It then must be removed from Clover drivers64UEFI folder, explained in guide)
• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi ( Replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi post install )
PART 2 - BIOS SETTINGS (version F5 )
Here is a list of the BIOS settings that I have used ( Screenshots in spoiler below )
• Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
• BIOS → CSM Support → Enabled
• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
• Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support → Disable
• Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support → Disable
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support → Enabled
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off → Enabled
• Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack → Disabled
• Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection → AHCI
• Chipset → Vt-d → Disabled
• Chipset → Internal Graphics → Enabled
• Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated → 64M
• Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem → 256M
• Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
• Chipset → Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
• Power → ErP → Disabled
• Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Enabled
// IF USING CORSAIR H100i V2 AIO CPU WATER COOLER
• MIT → Smart Fan 5 Settings → CPU Fan Control mode → PWM
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup
SCREEN DUMP SPOILERS
PART 3 – CREATE A MOJAVE USB FLASH INSTALLER
Prepare USB Installer for Mojave ( Video below )
• Insert USB drive
• Launch /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
• Disk Utility → View → Show All Devices
• On Left-hand panel → External →(Identify your USB device in left hand panel)
• Click and highlight your USB device in the left-hand panel.
• Click erase button.
• Name: USB
• Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled )
• Scheme: GUID Partition Map
• Click Erase button.
• Place the downloaded MacOS Mojave app into Applications folder.
• Open Terminal copy and paste:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created • Enter
PART 4 – INSTALL CLOVER ON THE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER
Make Mojave USB flash drive installer bootable.( Video below )
• Launch Clover application, double click.
• Click Continue → Continue → Continue
• Click Change Install Location button.
• Click Install macOSMojave USB installer → Continue
• Click Customize button
Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP Themes UEFI Drivers Install RC scripts on target volume • Click Install button
• Installation Complete!
PART 5 – CUSTOMIZE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER FOR AORUS Z390 PRO
Replace Clover EFI folder with the customised AORUS Z390 configuration ( Video below )
• Install ESP Mounter Pro v1.9
• Using ESP Mounter Pro, Mount ESP on disk2s1 ( Your disk name may be different )
• Open mounted EFI partition found on desktop
• Copy all the contents from Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder
• Replace USB EFI folder with all the contents inside the Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder.
PART 6 – INSTALL MAC OS MOJAVE ON INTERNAL DRIVE
• INSERT USB INSTALLER INTO THE USB 2.0 PORT
• Power on PC and press F12• Choose bootable USB drive from boot menu.
• Install macOS Mojave to internal solid state or hard drive.
During install the system will reboot and you will see onscreen message EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY exception. This instance is normal, no skeletons !.
When system returns to the Clover boot menu choose:
• Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
After next restart choose:
• Boot macOS from Macintosh
Proceed with macOS Mojave install
macOS Mojave is now installed, but it can only boot at this moment thanks to FakeSMC and Clover on the Mojave USB flash drive installer.
PART 7 – MAKE AORUS Z390 PRO INTERNAL DRIVE BOOTABLE
Make internal drive bootable ( Video below )
So far, Aorus Pro can only boot with the aid of the Mojave USB Installer.
To boot from the internal drive, copy Clover EFI folder from Mojave USB installer into the Internal EFI drive.
• Using ESP Mounter Pro, mount internal EFI/ESP partition and external USB EFI/ESP
• Copy contents from USB EFI/ESP partition and paste into internal EFI/ESP
• Remove USB Mojave installer and shut down and restart.
Aorus Hackintosh should now be able to boot to macOS Mojave, Done, well almost !
PART 8 – ENABLE IMESSAGES & FACETIME
Configure Config.plist for iMessages. ( Video below )
• SMBIOS = Mac Mini 8.1
• Rt Variables —> ROM —> is your MAC address (delete colons from Mac address)
• MLB field = Enter serial number generated and append 5 random characters
• SmUUID = in Terminal run command “uuidgen” and copy it to SmUUID field
• Board Serial is same as MLB field.
• Clover Configurator —> Save
• Mount internal drive EFI/ESP partition
• Go to folder CLOVER → drivers64UEFI
• Delete AptoMemoryFix-64.efi
• Place both EMUVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptoFix2Drvfree2000.efi inside → drivers64UEFI
Using Clover Configurator, add the following argument to config.plist using Clover Configurator.
• Slide = 0
Shutdown and then press power on button on PC.
• You should now be able to Log into iCloud, iMessages and FaceTime
• NOW delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi from CLOVER → drivers64UEFI Folder
• Shutdown and restart Aorus Pro hackintosh. iMessages etc is now operational without EMUVariableUefi-64.efi ( EMUVariableUefi-64.efi only needed to initialise iMessages )
• It is important to delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi, this will avoid very intermittent boot errors such as: “Couldn’t allocate runtime area” post errors.
DEFAULT SSDT – DEFAULT SSDT USB PORTS FIX CONFIGURATION - SSDT ALREADY INSIDE AORUS Z390 EFI FOLDER
Limitation: USB2 devices can not be used on SS03 → SS08
------------ GUIDE FINISHED YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE WORKING AORUS Z390 PRO HACKINTOSH WITH SSDT USB FIX ------------
OPTIONAL: Enable HDMI Audio on RX580
OPTIONAL: Replace the default "About This Mac" Apple Logo with RED AORUS APPLE
OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 1 – SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder
OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 2 - SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder
OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 3 – Create your own SSDT
OPTIONAL: Dual Boot macOS Mojave & Windows 10
FOR MORE HACKINTOSH INFORMATION SUCH AS USB PORTS FIX, CLOVER CONFIGURATOR, HACKINTOSH BACKUP WITH CARBON COPY CLONER ..... THEN SEE MY PREVIOUS GUIDE FOR ASUS Z370-G Strix
I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.3 on an ASUS N552VW laptop, and I get stuck after this message:
"could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating"
And some other warnings afterwards.
CPU: Intel Skylake 6700HQ 2.6GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR4
2TB HDD + 128GB SSD
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 + Nvidia GTX960m
I'm installing using a 16GB USB3 flash drive on one of HDD volumes (UEFI Mode)
I uploaded the verbose log and clover config.plist
Fully optimizing DSDT & SSDT for OS X Sierra POST INSTALL on a Dell345MT with a i7 - 920(first gen)
I have scoured the web, went to insanelymac chat on discord, no one replies to me but will reply to others, idk if my question is too advanced or too easy.
I know how this forum feels about 3rd party software, but that was just a crutch, I'm 100% vanilla now which is why I'm now posting for help because I eliminated the possibility having to do with 3rd party. Anyways, with that said I just have a couple things I want to be sure of.
I used a n---bistro to get a App Store copy of Sierra, as I didn't know there were other ways of getting it now from a windows10 machine. anyways, I was able to build a vanilla usb. I couldn't figure the EFI out on my vanilla Sierra-usb, but the EFI on the usb-ni---bistro I had would boot my pre-install and post-install. so I was able to install Sierra. After a few days of figuring out how to remake a EFI and config, I broke my EFI.
So back to my windows10 SSD and I found BootDiskUtility, and that made a EFI usb with the newest version of clover(r4895). So then swapped SSDs back to my OS X, plugged in the BDU-usb, after trial and error I got back into my Sierra. Now with the newest version of clover and no traces of ni---bistro anymore. Then copied the BDU-usb to my SSD EFI and was able to boot without a usb again!! YAY.
Then starting working on fixing my web drivers for my gtx 1050 2gb. Installed the os update so i'm at 10.12.6, pulled my hair out figuring out the web drivers, eventually got them installed and the cuda fixed.
Now all 3 of my screens work, yet windows can't sit 'between' screens, I just simply haven't looked for that fix yet as I want the sys itself running like a top first.
My screen saver works, I don't get stuck in screensaver, I did once before, I believe lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext fixed that.
Now with all that I felt it was time to give my config.plist a diet cos it was bloated, I generated a config copied the clover settings check for check instead of coping text cos I'm trying to shrink it.
Config.plist boots my system with DSDT-1FE7B5D7
So that last thing on the list of optimizing I feel would be a 100% correct DSDT and SSDT cos then I could use a blank config.plist with my patched DSDT & SSDT correct
but with the patching part that I think I understand how to do it now, but when I extract with F4 every file has RSDT in front of it, I have one that says RSDP.aml and RSDT.aml
so would I just erase the RSDT from the beginning of each file then go from their, which would then leave me with a DSDT.aml and 17 SSDTs
so if thats correct I would then decompile with iasl patch and compile and put the patched files into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/
also how do I know if everything is patched correctly? like if my CPU is fully working and not just sorta working that way when I start running software like photoshop, unity, 10 chrome tabs, my hackintosh doesn't crash
Thanks to anyone that can help me out, I've been working on my system for about two weeks and this is basically the wall I finally can't seem to figure out how to pass
GigaByte Z390 M Gaming
Intel Core i9-9900K
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive
EVGA 750 N1, 750W
TP-Link Archer T9E
Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES
--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb
-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!