1,517 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2019 at 4:23 AM, kovasky1 said:

Steps:

1. Navigate to /S/L/E

2. Delete appleintellpssi2ccontroller.kext and appleintellpssi2c.kext

3. Install voodooi2c.kext and voodooi2chid.kext to /S/L/E

4. update kernel cache with sudo kextcache -i /

5. Reboot

these files are not part of the repository. Seems like you did a bad upgrade. you dont need to install these kexts to SLE.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:51 PM, lexsupa said:

Hi guys,

I have Mojave installed on my 9550 (FullHD, i7, 16GB RAM), almost everything is working perfectly except for the sound. Sound are fine on laptop's speaker but whenever I plug my headphone into the headphone jack, the sound is extremely crackling. I have tried this method https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/fix-audio-distortion-when-using-headphones-on-laptops.185/ but it didn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

sigh..... read the tutorial...

https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/10.14/Tutorial_10.14_Step7.md#audio-fixes

Advertisement

Im trying to convert this over to opencore on 9560. Has anybody had any success, i cant even get it to boot.

20 hours ago, nytr0 said:

Im trying to convert this over to opencore on 9560. Has anybody had any success, i cant even get it to boot.

It is not ready yet. In particular the latest release 0.0.2 doesn't have several important fixes for our laptop. Have to build from source. Personally recommend waiting until the public 1.0 release before bothering with opencore. It is an exciting bootloader for sure but they need to work on it more for me to trust it. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 8:07 AM, golimpio said:

I've updated it to 10.14.5 and everything seems to work fine so far.713770477_ScreenShot2019-05-14at11_01_08am.thumb.png.001078ca00c1be91bb842fea7056ceed.pngar.

I updated to 10.14.5 and the whole thing broken. I have to do a clean install again, everything is working now except for SLEEP

My machine won't go to sleep after I close the lid or hit Sleep manually, it will just turn off the screen and when I touch anything, the states will resume without me even have to type the password in.

Do you guys encounter anything like this before ? How can I fix this ? Thanks a lot

Note: I opened an issue on the Github repo for more convenient communication: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/issues/108

Edited by lamhoangtung

3 hours ago, lamhoangtung said:

I updated to 10.14.5 and the whole thing broken. I have to do a clean install again, everything is working now except for SLEEP

My machine won't go to sleep after I close the lid or hit Sleep manually, it will just turn off the screen and when I touch anything, the states will resume without me even have to type the password in.

Do you guys encounter anything like this before ? How can I fix this ? Thanks a lot

Note: I opened an issue on the Github repo for more convenient communication: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/issues/108

I haven't found any issue related to upgrading from 10.14.4 to 10.14.5.

Before doing the upgrade, I've also updated clover to the latest version at the time. Kexts were the last ones from the project github repository.

7 hours ago, lamhoangtung said:

I did have an issue when installing an update before 10.14.5 I think to add support for syncing devices to iTunes and the drive disappeared after the it restarted. Clover did not see it or anything. Had to boot into my recovery memory stick and go to select bootup disk and the drive was there restarted and it was all good again. Haven't a clue what happened I was just glad my data didn't corrupt. This is why you make backups! Maybe the nvram corrupted or something not sure but glad I tried that or I would have wiped my drive and started from scratch.

Sorry for newbie question... I'm first time owner of Dell laptop. It is Precision 5510. Can I use this guide to install hackintosh on it ? As I understand XPS and 5510 are almost the same models.

Thank you!

16 hours ago, Otto Katz said:

Sorry for newbie question... I'm first time owner of Dell laptop. It is Precision 5510. Can I use this guide to install hackintosh on it ? As I understand XPS and 5510 are almost the same models.

Thank you!

You might get it to work using the guides for the XPS 15 but I would try and actively seek out guides for your specific laptop model. Most of the parts are the same minus processor and graphics cards differences. You may have issues with the processor since Xeon mobile processors are not used natively in MacBook Pros so you may need to spoof the CPU ID to make it look like an i7. Good luck!

Testing 10.15 Public Beta on XPS 15 9550 and so far it's usable:

• Latest Clover
  • No changes to my config.plist (but I already had -lilubetaall on it)
  • Built VirtualSMC from source (trunk) in order to have it working (internal battery wasn't being recognised)
  • Updated to latest Lilu and WhateverGreen
  • Needed to restore it from time machine - I had an issue with my display, it turned off while installing and I couldn't turn it on to see the progress of the installation, so at some point I turned the laptop off, probably interrupting the install process (I can't tell if it's possible to just upgrade it from 10.14 and have the data migrated automatically to 10.15) - I had a second 10.15 install ready on a pendrive, so the second time, I install 10.15 from the pendrive instead.
  • Everything seems to be working as before, but bluetooth and external monitor (haven't look at it yet)
  • First 3 or 4 boots I didn't have touchpad at all, have to use an external mouse
  • Touchpad seems to be better (more smooth/responsive), but only after several boots I could setup it on System Preferences/Trackpad. Initially it wasn't being recognised as a trackpad (so I guess it's a bit unstable)
  • External monitor worked initially, but now it's not working (probably something I've forgotten/missed) 

So, it's a bit unstable as expected for a first public beta, it's weird that things started to work after a few boots, but I think it will be an easy upgrade at the time we have the first 10.15 official release and most of kexts upgraded.

904547573_ScreenShot2019-06-30at11_35_24am.png.a60b28eb772e50ef8427d7dc3ca5509c.png

On 6/30/2019 at 12:31 PM, golimpio said:

Testing 10.15 Public Beta on XPS 15 9550 and so far it's usable:

• Latest Clover
  • No changes to my config.plist (but I already had -lilubetaall on it)
  • Built VirtualSMC from source (trunk) in order to have it working (internal battery wasn't being recognised)
  • Updated to latest Lilu and WhateverGreen
  • Needed to restore it from time machine - I had an issue with my display, it turned off while installing and I couldn't turn it on to see the progress of the installation, so at some point I turned the laptop off, probably interrupting the install process (I can't tell if it's possible to just upgrade it from 10.14 and have the data migrated automatically to 10.15) - I had a second 10.15 install ready on a pendrive, so the second time, I install 10.15 from the pendrive instead.
  • Everything seems to be working as before, but bluetooth and external monitor (haven't look at it yet)
  • First 3 or 4 boots I didn't have touchpad at all, have to use an external mouse
  • Touchpad seems to be better (more smooth/responsive), but only after several boots I could setup it on System Preferences/Trackpad. Initially it wasn't being recognised as a trackpad (so I guess it's a bit unstable)
  • External monitor worked initially, but now it's not working (probably something I've forgotten/missed) 

So, it's a bit unstable as expected for a first public beta, it's weird that things started to work after a few boots, but I think it will be an easy upgrade at the time we have the first 10.15 official release and most of kexts upgraded.

904547573_ScreenShot2019-06-30at11_35_24am.png.a60b28eb772e50ef8427d7dc3ca5509c.png

Bluetooth is working after using a more updated kext (with support for Catalina) from this fork:

But it wasn't enough to just update the current kexts, I had to use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in order to have bluetooth back.

•  

Just an update about the bluetooth fix on Catalina, I have tested playing music on a bluetooth speaker and also accessing the iPhone personal hotspot via bluetooth. Both worked fine, but I just tested it for a couple of hours.

I have 3 kexts installed in order to have bluetooth working properly:

- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

- BrcmFirmwareData.kext

- BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

The last kext (BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext) shouldn't be installed with the first 2 in my list (as per instruction in the project page). But if I don't install them all, bluetooth won't fully work.

About the wifi on Catalina, it works full speed, but I noticed that after it wakes up from sleep, the speed drops a lot. I've seen this issue reported before (not sure if it was for this laptop), but I didn't find a solution for it yet.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:15 PM, golimpio said:

Just an update about the bluetooth fix on Catalina, I have tested playing music on a bluetooth speaker and also accessing the iPhone personal hotspot via bluetooth. Both worked fine, but I just tested it for a couple of hours.

I have 3 kexts installed in order to have bluetooth working properly:

- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

- BrcmFirmwareData.kext

- BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

The last kext (BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext) shouldn't be installed with the first 2 in my list (as per instruction in the project page). But if I don't install them all, bluetooth won't fully work.

About the wifi on Catalina, it works full speed, but I noticed that after it wakes up from sleep, the speed drops a lot. I've seen this issue reported before (not sure if it was for this laptop), but I didn't find a solution for it yet.

Yes this is a very annoying common problem. Look here for ideas you may need to add more kexts such as FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext or other fixup kexts since you need the bluetooth injector stuff. I recommend as the guide states just remove all the WiFi related patches and see if it can run with just AirportBrcmFixup first before doing the other stuff. All about experimentation. Good Luck!

Also @golimpio if you are up for it you could try OpenCore bootloader as well it got updated to 0.0.3 with fixes for our laptop such as the SMBIOS patch .Since you are on a beta of Catalina why not? It is far more lightweight than Clover and fixes a lot of issues that are caused by Clover itself. Something to consider anyway. When Catalina comes out fully I would recommend the switch to OpenCore from what I have observed it seems a far better fit for our modern computers vs Clover. 

5 hours ago, reece394 said:

Also @golimpio if you are up for it you could try OpenCore bootloader as well it got updated to 0.0.3 with fixes for our laptop such as the SMBIOS patch .Since you are on a beta of Catalina why not? It is far more lightweight than Clover and fixes a lot of issues that are caused by Clover itself. Something to consider anyway. When Catalina comes out fully I would recommend the switch to OpenCore from what I have observed it seems a far better fit for our modern computers vs Clover. 

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm testing the second public beta now, and it won't boot with SMCBatteryManager.kext (even the latest one, with Catalina fixes), I'm trying to find out what I've done wrong. OpenCore seems to be promising, I'll have a look at it.

Last VirtualSMC kexts are working again for the latest Catalina public beta (battery indicator is back).
Upgrading from beta 1 to the second public beta required the latest kexts, but other than that it was fine, just a normal upgrade process. The setup was done pretty much on the new Catalina system partition, so all the user's data were intact, no need to restore my data from the time machine.
Everything is working as before, my system feels more responsive though (trackpad gestures are great, time to launch applications seems to have improved, faster boot), but this might be in part because I've installed Catalina Beta 1 from scratch (I've restored my backup to a different user, so I just copied the stuff that I needed).

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 12.04.14 pm.png

Posted (edited)

Hello, does anyone have problem with blurry fonts? My spec: 

Dell Precision 5510 i7-6820HQ HD530 16GB FHD screen and external monitor Dell P2211h FHD. Mojave 10.14.5. 

Especially visible on OneNote program. Problem occurs on built-in and external monitor. 

This method help a little bit:

defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO

But my eyes are still bleeding. 

Edited by fxfrontside

On 7/8/2019 at 5:39 PM, fxfrontside said:

Hello, does anyone have problem with blurry fonts? My spec: 

Dell Precision 5510 i7-6820HQ HD530 16GB FHD screen and external monitor Dell P2211h FHD. Mojave 10.14.5. 

Especially visible on OneNote program. Problem occurs on built-in and external monitor. 

This method help a little bit:

defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO

But my eyes are still bleeding. 

I haven't experienced any issues with the XPS 15 4k internal display font rendering, fonts are still very good.

I've noticed some difference with an old monitor though (connected via HDMI cable), the font rendering on that monitor (HP LP2475w) was really bad. I've tried to change CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled, but it didn't help much. And then, today I've turned on my laptop and connected it to that monitor again for testing, and magically the fonts are a lot better now.

I don't know what happened, I can't tell you if it's a bad HDMI cable, also I'm running 10.15 beta, which is not stable yet, but it shouldn't make a huge difference on font rendering.

When you change the 'Use font smoothing when available'  settings (in System Preferences > General), does it make any difference?

Posted (edited)

Short update regarding the WD15 USB-C Docking station

Working:

• USB Ports (all of them)
  • HDMI and VGA out
  • Headphone out
  • Charging
  • Power Button

Needs work

• Network - requires installation of the realtek drivers. See Tutorial at the bottom

Doesn't work

• Hotplug - needs to be plugged in on boot
  • Display Port - display gets in a detection loop - no out
  • Breaking sleep - requires replugging or hangs completly - disable sleep!
Edited by wmchris

8 hours ago, yugioh1412 said:

Do most XPS 9550s come with a dw1830? Does it work oob or if kexts are needed, which ones do i need? 

Hi, I have a DW1830 and successfully installed Hackintosh on my system by just following wmchris's amazing guide without any other modifications.

@wmchris Thank you so much.

Posted (edited)

A big thanks to @wmchris for all his amazing efforts on the 9550 over this past couple years!

I made a "no Mac needed" video tutorial on YouTube using this guide if anyone is interested. Also the Dell TB16 dock is hot-pluggable both plug and unplug. Works flawlessly, including charging since it has the 180w power supply:

Edited by mr. baltazar

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mr. baltazar said:

A big thanks to @wmchris for all his amazing efforts on the 9550 over this past couple years!

I made a "no Mac needed" video tutorial on YouTube using this guide if anyone is interested. Also the Dell TB16 dock is hot-pluggable both plug and unplug. Works flawlessly, including charging since it has the 180w power supply:

if you promise not to monetize the video, i would love to include it inside the tutorial :-)

btw: the nvidia card works and there are drivers, but there is no connector to the outside. the switching between intel gma and nvidia is the one without driver support. maybe you want to add this as a note to your video

Edited by wmchris

6 hours ago, wmchris said:

if you promise not to monetize the video, i would love to include it inside the tutorial :-)

btw: the nvidia card works and there are drivers, but there is no connector to the outside. the switching between intel gma and nvidia is the one without driver support. maybe you want to add this as a note to your video

I see, I thought nv_disable needs to be entered on the 9550?

Also I'm not popular enough to monentize the video lol I created a couple videos prior using your guide.. they garnered a good amount of views. Just out here trying to help people out. I can create follow up videos if you have any specific things you'd like me to mention.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, mr. baltazar said:

hey, thats awesome news on the TB16.

on a road trip at the moment so haven’t had a chance to view the video but couldn’t resist asking.

any special handling/drivers to make it work?

i am on 10.14 using wmchris original guide and the tb16 doesn’t work hot pluggable

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AudioGod
      I have put together this little simple guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
      Plus this is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Pro and try and help where we can and maybe make things alittle better for you. 

A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys are all filled with knowledge and as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread 

This EFI and Patched DSDT has been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro, 9900k with a Vega56 but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware

CPU's
      8700k, 9700k, 9900k

GPU's
      RX580, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII
      (If you have success with any different CPU Or GPU's then please do let me know)

There Is No Better Guide Then The One That @glasgood Has Already Written So Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install.     

HARDWARE USED
      • Intel I9 9900k 
      • Gigabyte AORUS Z390 PRO
      • Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB @3200mhz (2 x 8GB)
      • Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
      • Coolermaster MASTERLIQUID ML360R RGB CPU Cooler
      • Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD (2.5) macOS Mojave
      • Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)   
      • Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case

WORKING
      • Sound 
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration AMD RX 580 / AMD Vega
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Handoff
      • Netflix on Safari browser
      • Continuity

CLOVER  FOLDER
      Use this folder with fully patched DSDT
      Z390 Pro DSDT EFI.zip   (Updated 21 July 2019)

If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
      disablehibernate.command

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131 
      (If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F10)

• Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
      • BIOS → CSM Support → Disabled  

• MIT → Advanced Memory Settings  → Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) → Enabled  

• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
      • Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack →  Disabled
      • Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection →  AHCI

• Chipset → Vt-d → Enabled ( can be enabled or disabled, your choice!)
      • Chipset → Internal Graphics → Disabled
      • Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
      • Chipset → Above 4G Decoding → Disabled 

• Power → Platform Power Management → Enabled
      • Power → ErP → Enabled  (can be enabled or disabled, your choice !)
      • Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Disabled

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

SCREENSHOTS

• By glasgood
      GLASGOOD'S

MOJAVE HACKINTOSH GUIDE 

GIGABYTE AORUS PRO Z390

CREDITS & THANKS

@MaLd0n
      His help with EFI configuration and DSDT

CLOVER  TEAM
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, rehabman, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon Et al

APPLEALC
      Acidanthera, vit9696

VOODOOHDA
      autumnrain, slice2009, zenith432

ESP PRO MOUNTER
      @Micky1979 

HACKINTOOL
      @headkaze

CLOVER CONFIGURATOR
      Mackie100

THEME ENGINE
      Alex Zielenski

INSANELYMAC
      OLARILA

Hackintool Tutorial
      daliansky

Hackintosh Vanilla Desktop Guide
      /r/Hackintosh - corpnewt

MONITORCONTROL
      JoniVR & theOneyouseek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART LIST

• Intel I7 8700 
      • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
      • Gigabyte AORUS RADEON RX 580 8GB ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ( 2 x 8GB ) 2666MHz – CMK16GX4M2A2666C16  In this build, both memory modules are installed in memory slots DDR4_A1  and DDR4_B1 

• Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
      • Corsair H100i V2 AIO Hydro/Water RGB LED CPU Cooler
      • Samsung EVO 500GB SSD (2.5) macOS Mojave
      • Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • NZXT H500 Mid Tower ATX Case

• 1st RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD →  ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)   
      OR
      • 2nd RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → WIFI and Bluetooth with BCM94331CD with PCI-e adapter (but will require AirportBrcmFixup.kext for AirDrop.. )

WORKING

• Sound 
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration AMD RX 580 / AMD Vega
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Handoff
      • Netflix on Safari browser
      • Continuity

PREAMBLE - BEFORE YOU START 

Here detailed, is all the  steps towards building a successful and stable Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh, if you are a first time Hackintosher, this guide will have you quickly up and running with the Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh. To rule out potential problems from the go,
      only have the disc that you plan to install macOS Mojave connected to the Aorus Pro, disconnect any other Windows / Linux or data drives, external drives from your Aorus Pro. Windows / Linux and data drives can be connected after successful installation of macOS Mojave
      If you have more than 16 GB of memory, then install macOS Mojave with just 16GB or RAM installed, you can later add any additional memory. Install memory modules in slots DDR4_A1  and DDR4_B1.

This build has a recommended Wi-Fi combo PCI-e card installed in slot PCIEX1_3 with its 9 pin USB cable attached to motherboard header F_USB2.  ( ensure WiFi card is seated properly in PCIe slot and cable is firmly attached to WiFi card and motherboard header F_USB2 ) 

If using the Corsair H100i v2 AIO cooler with USB cable connected to motherboard header F_USB1, you will need to enable hot-patch ( explained in guide ) in config.plist for working sleep, wake from sleep will only work by pressing Power Button.

Install macOS Mojave on its own physical drive, so do not try and install macOS Mojave onto a free partition on a disc that contains Windows.
      Remove any Thunderbolt cards, Thunderbolt card can be reinserted after installation.  Double check your BIOS settings are the same as this guide. 

Following are unsupported / problematic

• Intel Optane ( if you have this, remove it before installation of macOS Mojave )

• Samsung EVO Plus drives ( ensure you update Plus drive to latest firmware to avoid problems )

• XFX Radeon RX 580

• NVIDIA GTX / RTX not supported in macOS Mojave

Q - WILL THIS GUIDE WORK WITH MY NON AORUS Z390 PRO MOTHERBOARD ?
      A - Possibly, though you may have to create your own USBPorts fix. 

Q - I notice you have the Aorus Pro Z390 version, will this guide work with Aorus Pro Z390 WiFi version ?
      A - Possibly, but onboard Intel / Intel CNVi WIFII /Bluetooth will not work with macOS and you will have to disable HS14 for Bluetooth to function properly. 

Q - Can I use my AMD Vega Card ?
      A - Yes, AMD Vega card's  will work with this guide, but If you plan to use a Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 then please read @AudioGod ==>post  regarding the Sapphire Pulse 56.

PART 1 - DOWNLOAD 

• Update BIOS to version F10 

• CLOVER

•  Aorus Pro Z390 EFI.zip

• Aorus PRo Z390 EFI - THE OC VERSION.zip  <== OC VERSION

• ESP MOUNTER PRO v1.9

• macOS MOJAVE 

• CLOVER CONFIGURATOR

• Hackintool

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS

• Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl

• ThemeEngine 

• Assets.car 

// Not really needed but IF no sound on Wake from Sleep then use SSDT-ALC1220 and CodecCommander
      •   ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / ACPI / Patched )

•  ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / Kexts / Other )

PART 2 - BIOS SETTINGS (Version F10 )

Here is a list of the BIOS settings that I use ( Screenshots in spoiler below )

• Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
      • BIOS → CSM Support → Enabled  ( Optionally, can be enabled after macOS is installed, your choice )

• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
      • Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support →  Disable
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off →  Enabled
      • Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack →  Disabled
      • Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection →  AHCI

• Chipset → Vt-d → Enabled ( can be enabled or disabled, your choice!)
      • Chipset → Internal Graphics → Disabled
      • Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
      • Chipset → Above 4G Decoding → Disabled 

• Power → Platform Power Management → Disabled ( Optionally, can be enabled after macOS is installed )
      • Power → CEC 2019 Ready → Disabled 
      • Power → ErP → Disabled  (can be enabled or disabled, your choice !)
      • Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Disabled

• MIT → Advanced Memory Settings  → Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) → Disabled ( Optionally, can be enabled after macOS is installed, your choice )
      // IF USING  CORSAIR H100i V2 AIO CPU WATER COOLER 
      • MIT → Smart Fan 5 Settings → CPU Fan Control mode → PWM 

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

SCREEN DUMP SPOILERS

PART 3 – CREATE A MOJAVE USB FLASH INSTALLER

Prepare USB Installer for Mojave ( Video below )

• Insert USB drive
      • Launch /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
      • Disk Utility → View → Show All Devices
      • On Left-hand panel → External →(Identify your USB device in left hand panel)
      • Click and highlight your USB device in the left-hand panel.
      • Click erase button.
      • Name: USB
      • Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled )
      • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
      • Click Erase button.

• Place the downloaded MacOS Mojave app into Applications folder.
      • Open Terminal copy and paste:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created  • Enter

PART 4 – INSTALL CLOVER ON THE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER 

Make Mojave USB flash drive installer bootable.( Video below )

• Launch Clover application, double click.
      • Click Continue → Continue → Continue 
      • Click Change Install Location button.
      • Click Install macOSMojave USB installer → Continue
      • Click Customise button
      • Choose:
      Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP Themes UEFI Drivers • Click Install button
      • Installation Complete!

Video:

PART 5 – CUSTOMIZE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER FOR AORUS Z390 PRO

Replace Clover EFI folder with PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip  Aorus Pro Z390 EFI.zip   ( Video below ) 

• Install ESP Mounter Pro v1.9
      • Using ESP Mounter Pro, Mount ESP on disk2s1 ( Your disk name may be different )

• Open mounted EFI partition found on desktop
      • Copy all the contents from Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder
      • Replace USB EFI folder with all the contents inside the Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder.

PART 6 – INSTALL MAC OS MOJAVE ON INTERNAL DRIVE

INSTALL NOTE

ENSURE BIOS: Above 4G Decoding is set to Disabled 
      if Above 4G decoding is set to enabled then macOS Mojave install will freeze at 2 mins remaining and will not shut down properly!!!!

Please be patient during install, so when install gets to 2 or 3 mins remaining then it may take extra time. Be ready to boot from UEFI USB installer by pressing F12 when install initiates restarts. 

• INSERT USB INSTALLER INTO THE USB 2.0 PORT  

Here is a walkthrough of the full process using the macOS Mojave USB Installer on the Aorus Z390 Pro. 

• Power on PC and press F12• Choose bootable USB drive from boot menu.

• Install macOS Mojave to internal solid state or hard drive.

When system returns to the Clover boot menu choose:

• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh

At next restart, press F12 and boot from external UEFI USB device and choose:

• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh

Proceed with macOS Mojave install

macOS Mojave is now installed, but it can only boot at this moment thanks to FakeSMC and Clover on the Mojave USB flash drive installer.

PART 7 – MAKE AORUS Z390 PRO INTERNAL DRIVE BOOTABLE

Make internal drive bootable ( Video below )

So far, the Aorus Pro can only boot the internal system drive with the aid of the Mojave USB Installer.
      To boot from the internal system drive without the installer: 

Download and install Clover with RC Scripts on target volume.  
      Copy the EFI folder from inside Aorus Pro Z390 EFI.zip  folder and paste it inside the the System Drive EFI partition.         

• Remove USB Mojave installer and shut down and restart.

Aorus Hackintosh should now be able to boot to macOS Mojave, Done, well almost ! 

PART 8 – ENABLE IMESSAGES & FACETIME 

// UPDATE 21st MAY 2019

Possibly Clover Configurator now automatically populates correct values for working iMessages when you select an SMBIOS.  

After selecting SMBIOS, example iMac19,1 for Aorus Pro with RX580 ( image above ) then go to Apple and ensure you have the "serial number is not valid " message. Done!

If you still have problems connecting to iMessage, test and ensure that AirDrop is working, then follow instructions inside spoiler. 

PART 9 – ENABLE TRIM for Solid State Flash Drives

Open Terminal and enter the following command:
      sudo trimforce enable  

PART 10 – FRAMEBUFFERS  FOR RADEON AMD RX580, VEGA CARD's

DEFAULT USB FIX –  USB PORTS CONFIGURATION 

If you have USBC on Computer Chassis / Case, then SS01 and SS02 is mapped to that USB C port 

------------    GUIDE FINISHED YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE WORKING AORUS Z390 PRO HACKINTOSH  WITH SSDT USB FIX   ------------

OPTIONAL: Set Wi-Fi Country Code

OPTIONAL: System Information - PCI

External USB Storage:  Fix "disk did not eject properly" message upon wake from sleep

OPTIONAL:  Native Display Brightness - with MonitorControl

OPTIONAL:  Dual Boot macOS Mojave & Windows 10 

OPTIONAL:  Replace the default "About This Mac" Apple Logo with RED AORUS APPLE

OPTIONAL USB PORTS FIX  – Create your own SSDT or USBPorts.kext

FRAMEBUFFER PATCHING  – For working Intel UHD 630 Graphics, working HDMI Port, working HDMI Audio on Aorus Z390 Pro  NOT REQUIRED AS GUIDE IS USING SMBIOS FOR IMAC PRO 1,1

FINAL CUT PRO  – Configuration for AMD RX5xx  NOT REQUIRED AS GUIDE IS USING SMBIOS FOR IMAC PRO 1,1 

AORUS PRO Z390 WIFI version with Intel CNVi  – Disable Bluetooth on HS14

Resolve bluetooth issue  reported by @eSaF 

CLOVER  – Updating / Upgrade Clover boot loader  (If hack is stable, don't update unless you have problems)

SLEEP  – Sleep and Automatic Sleep

SLEEP  – Resolving Instant Wake ( Corsair H100i v2 AIO )

WIFI  – Clover Hotpatch PXSX to ARPT

RECOMMENDED READING  – Excellent Hackintosh Vanilla guide created by CorpNewt with in depth tutorial on Clover.  

https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/config.plist-per-hardware/coffee-lake

EFI NON DSDT SMBIOS iMac Pro 1,1 Clover v2.5k r5018 
      Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip   OR  Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Vega-56.zip 

EFI FOR SMBIOS iMac 19,1 for use with GPU & IGPU enabled in BIOS
      PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip
      POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip ( Has OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi ==> recommended reading before use )

EFI FOR INTEL UHD 630 SMBIOS iMAC 18,1  
       Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip( Has OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi ==> recommended reading before use )

• By Pedro Diniz
      Hello Friends, how are ya?

Could you help me with a problem?

I followed some guides like: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic ... coffeelake -dsdt /

and the installation of high Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030) and nvidia webdrivers (correspondent to OS version) went smoothly, the problem starts when I try to boot the GPU.

Hardware:
      MOBO: Aorus B360M gaming 3 (rev.1)
      CPU: i5 8400
      GPU: GTX 1060 OC Galax redblack

BIOS:
      Fast boot - disabled
      windows 8/10 features - other os
      lan pxe - disabled
      storage boot option - UEFI
      other pci devices - UEFI

Initial display output - PCie 1 slot
      Intel's Platform Trust Technology (PTT) - disabled
      sata mode selection - AHCI
      XHCI hand off - enabled
      VT-d - disabled
      internal graphics - auto

The problem is:
      I can log into the system normally without using my nvidia GPU but when I boot the system with the flags for webdrivers to work I fall into the login screen but it keeps flashing, I can see the mouse and I can move it but the screen flashes and the following error appears when the screen goes "black": IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0. I searched for this error on the internet and tried to solve but to no avail so far.

If someone can help me I would be extremely grateful! thanks in advance!

Clover file attached.
      CLOVER.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      ---TUTORIAL---

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

--Original Post--

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=11237

--Bios/UEFI Settings--

*Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab

Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1

2- Go to BIOS tab

CSM Support - Disabled

3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab

Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

4- Go to Chipset tab

Internal Graphics - Enable

---CLOVER FOLDER---
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
      EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip

---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
      EFI OPENCORE Z390 DESIGNARE.zip

---DSDT patch requests is here---

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131

---HARDWARE---

--MOBO

GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--PROCESSOR

Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

--COOLER

CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

--MEMORY

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

--GPU

MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

--SSD

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--POWER SUPPLY

EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

--WIRELESS

TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

--CASE

Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9172

---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!