Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
In this thread, I have fully documented the installation of macOS Catalina on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini. It is a PERFECT HackMini8,1 and is running very well for me without any issues. I hope this documentation helps you to install macOS on your hack. Please leave feedback if you think there is anything I can improve and let me know if you have any questions.
This is my first "modern" hack supporting UEFI and my first hack using Clover "on-the-fly" patches. My previous hacks
Laptop: Thinkpad T61 / Nvidia NVS 140m Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 / Nvidia G3100m Desktop: Gigabyte G31 / GeForce 9600 Desktop: Biostar TH55HD / Sapphire Pulse RX580 (Google "Catalina Biostar TH55HD" and look for user name deeveedee)
are all perfectly running Catalina and I patched them all "manually" - all DSDT patches applied with MaciSL with virtually no Clover on-the-fly patching and all booted Legacy Clover. This UEFI hack was MUCH easier and took about 20 hours vs. a combined hundreds of hours for the old hacks. I wanted a hack that was a little more future proof and I think this is it. I hope you enjoy this as much as I am enjoying it. It is a perfect MacMini8,1.
My system specs
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (I7-8700T / UHD 630 / Q370 Chipset / 32GB DDR4 RAM) 3 x DP Ports (connected to monitors using DP -> DVI adapters) 6 x USB 3.1 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 2 x NVMe SSD (M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo ports) 1 x SATA6 SSD 1 x Intel Ethernet RJ-45 Conexant CX20632 Audio Codec Unsupported M.2 PCIe x1 2230 Intel Wi-Fi (currently disabled in BIOS). I may replace this with Brcm, but am using only Ethernet (IntelMausi) for now.
See macOS installation steps here See CLOVER (UEFI) installation later in this first post
See BIOS configuration in attached BIOS configuration PDF document
See EFI and /L/E kexts in attached EliteDesk.zip archive See how I developed my installation methodology here See references here See instructions here for installing two M.2 2280 NVMe SSDs and one SATA HD / SSD
What is not working
Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (intentional since I have not yet replaced my Intel card).
What is not tested
USB c 3.1 port (I have partially tested the USB 3 functionality of the port and it seems to be working fine with the SSDT-UIAC.aml here) Microphone port
What is working
Everything not mentioned above Sleep / Wake Multiple displays with IGPU graphics acceleration, hot pluggable display ports and DP->DVI adapters USB 3.1 ports Audio (internal speaker and headphone jack) Ethernet Auto-sensing headphone jack automatically switches to internal speaker when headphones removed
Known Issues and their solutions - see here
BIOS Version / Configuration
Version: 02.11.01 Rev.A See attached BIOS configuration in PDF document "HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf" Intel ME must be enabled for proper sleep / wake of UHD 630
Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP UEFI Drivers Recommended drivers DataHubDxe FSInject SMCHelper File System drivers ApfsDriverLoader VBoxHfs Memory fix drivers AptioMemoryFix Additional drivers NvmExpressDxe Install RC scripts on target volume Themes Choose your desired theme Install Clover Preference Pane (option not available when installing on USB thumb drive)
UHD 630 Framebuffer Patching
See here and here
Catalina 10.15.5.02 Clover (UEFI) r5119 Lilu.kext 1.4.5 WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.0 AppleALC.kext 1.5.0 IntelMausi 1.0.3 (Not IntelMausiEthernet)
Credits To be provided
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini BIOS Configuration.pdf
EliteDesk800 G4 Mini - Rev 0.91.zip
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.
TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.
- Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
- It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
- You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (10+gb if you use catalina or newer versions, if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
- Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
- 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
- Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
- Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
- No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
- Autaomated Open Core and clover EFI folder isntaller
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
Features that are planned for future versions:
- Support for other languages, at least Italian.
- A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
- A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
- A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).
Frequently asked questions:
Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
Post on Reddit:
Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
Contact me (project creator):
- Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
- I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
- I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
- This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
- This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.
- Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
- People that helped me a lot:
Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.
- Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
- Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
- Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project
I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Pro and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you.
A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.
This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro, 9900k with a Vega 56 but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware using Catalina 10.15.4
8600K, 8700, 8700K, 9400K, 9600K, 9700K, 9900K, 9900KS (All KF Models work but use SMBios iMacPro1,1 instead)
RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, RX 5500, 5500 XT, 5600, 5600 XT, 5700, 5700 XT
(If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)
@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install.
• Intel I9 9900k
• Gigabyte AORUS Z390 PRO
• Sapphire Nitro+ SE Vega56 (connected to monitor with DisplayPort)
• Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB @3200mhz (2 x 8GB)
• Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit.
• CoolerMaster MASTERLIQUID ML360R RGB CPU Cooler
• Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.3
• Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• ABWB BCM94360CS2 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)
• Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
• Hardware Acceleration
• Sleep & Wake
• Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
• Netflix on Safari browser
CLOVER & OPENCORE EFIs
Current EFIs Updated 01/06/2020
Clover EFI Update - 01/06/2020 - Use with Bios revision F12d Only or Replace with the older F11 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios
Clover Z390 Pro Navi Vega EFI 010620.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI
Clover Z390 Pro Polaris EFI 010620.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI
Please Note - I have now set KernelPM to No as standard so if you don’t have a unlocked MSR or not using my MSR Unlocked Bios Profile then go into the Clover Config.plist and set KernelPM to Yes or you won’t be able to boot up. An even better fix would be to unlock your MSR using my profile method.
Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.
OpenCore EFI Update - 01/06/2020
Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.
OpenCore 059 Z390 Pro 19,1 010620.zip - OpenCore v0.5.9, SMBios iMac19,1
OpenCore 059 Z390 Pro 1,1 010620.zip - OpenCore v0.5.9, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)
Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.
Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.5.9. Use the new Config.plist instead.
PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)
For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11c Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :
Default USB Setup For All OpenCore EFIs
PLEASE NOTE - Please flash your motherboard bios to revision F12d to use my current Clover EFI. It’s a major rework of the bios and vital changes have been made to the layout and power tables. New DSDTs have been created and installed into the new EFI’s but will not work correctly with any other bios revision.
Latest Gigabyte Z390 PRO BIOS (F12d)
CFG Unlock (MSR) F12d (F12c Pro WIFI) BIOS Profile - The Easy Way
Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU
DSDT's FOR CLOVER ONLY (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)
To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)
If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
BroadcomFix.zip (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
FakeSMC (Can be used instead of VirtualSMC)
Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F12d)
• Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Set to Disabled if using SMBios iMacPro1,1)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup
So I've attempted to install MacOS Catalina on my Asus ZenBook Pro 15 (UX550GE) for a while and one time I got it to work, using the ##### method and adding a SSDT file that I'm not sure where I found. Now I've tried following the same steps I did before and they didn't work. I've attached my EFI folder and will attach my verbose error log. It now gets stuck on the part I attached. I'm a total complete noob and the time I got it to work I can't really explain how I got it except for luck, but I would really like to get this working. My system details are on my profile, hope someone can help me. I'm trying to install MacOS on an SSD, I read that Catalina no longer needs any patching for SSDs but not quite sure. Thank you so much. (EDIT: I used to get an AppleBusPowerController error or something and now that I've tried to boot without Lilu and WhatverGreen (because they gave me a memory protection error (0,2) and ejected a MicroSD, it seems like there is "progress". Just moments after that screenshot my PC shows me 3 blurred Apple logos side to side (briefly) and then a blank black screen).
buonasera a tutti. Sto provando in tutti i modi, da qualche giorno, ad installare Catalina sul mio hackintosh, che adesso monta high-sierra, con una gtx 1050ti. Il problema è che quando inserisco il cavo hdmi alla uhd630 Catalina non si avvia. ho provato a parcare il Framebuffer, ma niente; abilitato il flag per wathevergreen e niente...Soluzioni? grazie dell'aiuto. Vi allego EFI.