InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
enb14

Non working Nvidia video card thread

hmmm...good point...i think for me the nvidia drivers load before titan but initializes (for gui) AFTER titan...maybe thtas the problem? cause its displaying the same symtoms as if titan wasnt there...

Advertisement
Feel free to add your non working cards to the wiki page:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Titan#HCL

Dax, would it be possible for you to add a vram column to the wiki? (or at least a message encouraging people to mention it). Theres only about 1 or 2 people who have specified how much onboard ram their nvidia cards have.. It seems with the issues some people are having, it would be good to see if memory is a factor.

there.. i added in the VRAM column..

also mathdude, i tried to add titan to load before nvidia by manually setting it in the rc, but it still doesnt show anything.. i just think this is a NVDAResman issue

I feel like im beating a dead horse..

EVGA 6800GS 0x00c010de either kernel panics or locks to a black screen.

Tried Titan and Natit.

Got close but tried everything without success.

Remove Geforce.kext, added card id to NVDANV40Hal.Kext and NVDAResman.kext wich allows me to a dual display setup using Natit.

I can change resolutions and both of my LCDs work (Dell 2407 1920x1600 DVI + 10" on 1024x768 VGA).

No hardware excelleration though.

I finally got it working.

I found a Titan Torent on a popular site.

I copied all files from that package to my extensions folder.

Repaired permissions, added my cards ID to Geforce, NVDANVHal40, and NVDAResman.kext.

Rebooted and it's working with excelleration.

I kept the Natit.kext and remove the Titan for my dual monitor setup.

I must have had a bad kext or a different version of one of them.

Club 3D nVidia 7950GT 512 MB Fails with Titan on both 10.4.6 (10.4.8 kexts) and 10.4.8.

Added EDID in Titan, vendor and device id into NVDANV40Hal.kext.

Without vendor and deviec ids, famous blackscreen appears.

With vendor and device ids, login screen crashes, says "restart your pc".

Haven't tried macvidia or natit (yet). Lost all hope :(

BFG 7900 GT OC is also working - - - dual DVI-D displays, QE/CI, 1600x1200

NOTE: one LCD is connected through DVI-KVM switch - - - when I switch to another computer, the remaining LCD on the hackintosh eventually goes black. when I switch back to the hackintosh port on the kvm, I am unable to regain any video. leaving the machine running (i.e.- no sleep), the hackintosh does not exhibit any problems.

((( Totall off topic : I gave up on the X1600pro dual-dvi. Only one LCD would display. )))

Sign in to follow this