InsanelyMac Forum
JahStories

XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

Hi all,

I installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on a MNA 13" with A7 BIOS but it is not a complete success :

- Fans rotate continuously 

- Trackpad is buggy

- Fully charged battery lasts 1h30

- Earphones produce a crackle and an horrible noise

I don't know where I am wrong so I attached you my config.plist

Thanks

config.plist.zip

Advertisement

that's a complete different computer, it could be possible, but it would require another guide and a different file pack.

Thanks for the answer. Is someone working on this?

@maxime

The Xiaomi MI notebook pro 13 with the same specs, but with different bios should work without problems with the different bios versions... Fanuil was talking about the brand new one the one with different system specs (CPU, GPU etc..)

Hey there guys!

As i know new high sierra should support by native the nvme and skylake so this mean we will have native support on xiaomj too?

Somwone has tried new os? Its better mantain hfs or take apfs? Why?

Hi there!

How can I use a virtual machine to inject bluetooth firmware?

I would get very happy if someone could answer me.

You can create a Ubuntu virtual machine with vmware then when you boot it up, just select bluetooth under usb after it is shared with the VM wait a until ubuntu recognize it then deactivate it from usb, it will work on macos until you reboot.

JahStories, let me see If I understood:

It just activates an USB Bluetooth dongle or it really makes the Mi bluetooth work?

I don't know what's wrong with your configuration, I've not checked your config, but you should just use the one provided and edit it adding the serials, nothing more...

I cannot even check if it's a matter of different bios version because xiaomi don't provide updates, and we did not figured how to update on our own.

Great, JahStories!

Is awesome to know that there will be a 2.1 package. Do you think this package will be made for bios A07 version?

The package is tested with my mi notebook that use an A05 bios

Any release date for the package now that HS is out?

Am I missing something? I thought I saw an empty m.2 slot for wifi/BT on the motherboard of the 13" version. Couldn't we just install a macOS compatible module there and connect the antennas from the intel one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Broadcom-BCM94352Z-Wireless-AC-NGFF-Dual-band-802-11ac-867Mbps-WIFI-Bluetooth-BT-4-0-Card/32580045155.html

Apart from that, I see most people use wifi dongles, are they just trying the cheapest solution or has my idea been tested and proven wrong already?

Thanks for keeping this project going!

post-286651-0-49238600-1506629608_thumb.png

your idea sadly is wrong... first of all that connector is for wwan and not for wlan, second the connector is soldered only on first revisions of the mi notebooks on the latest it isnt present at all...

I'll update 2.1 package soon my connection at home is having a lot of drops it's unstable when it will get fixed I'll upload it...

Any performance or compatibility improvements for the 2.1 package or just high sierra compatibility? just asking because my current setup is working great

Hi JahStories!

I got notification that new files pack 2.1 is available, but I unable to download it. There is no link to download it. Can you help me? Thanks!

Same for me, cant find the file

same here! Cant find the files either