JahStories

[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

662 posts in this topic

Yeap! mate, should work if you need help for drivers send mi pm or write down when youll receive  it! 
Have a good day and night

Cheers

C. Guastella

Advertisement

Welcome to IM, 

Yes that could probably work, but isn't always easy to find compatible drivers for this, I mean for working properly on new gen OSs..

Hi,

Finally installed macOS in the new drive, 

First of all thank you so much for all your hard work, it works really really great.

Just a couple of things 

Whats the correct layout for the keyboard? it detects the ALT key as CMD

And second and most important

I have blanking in some apps like spotify or preview while dragging , also some lag on animations and the hdmi is not working, I noticed it because in the login screen I don't see any background so I guess is related to some graphic card kext or something like this...

After all the steps in the first post I installed clover into the drive with the same files and config as the one in the usb.

The only thing is different is that I installed the kext with kext pro instead of using pandora,

Hope you can help, everything else is working perfect!

Updated from 10.12.4 to 10.12.5 using the Mac App Store with no issues. :)

Note I'm not using the NVMe hack. I noted before that 10.13 (macOS High Sierra) beta looks to have introduced native NVMe drivers for all drives so we might not need to hack in future.

I cannot find my xiaomi, should be somewhere... in the house :P

Hi Jah,

Could you point me to the right direction? I guess is probably something related to a graphics card kext or something like that right?

Thank you

Odb8: For Hdmi you should be in 1920x1080 (then you can re-select another one). (For Hdmi audio you can run Todela's Script with Hdmi plug-in).

For blanking I don't know, might be the installation of the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext .. I don't know, I should try spotify and see if I have a similar problem. 

Can't wait High Sierra and not having Nvme problems anymore ; ) 

Odb8: For Hdmi you should be in 1920x1080 (then you can re-select another one). (For Hdmi audio you can run Todela's Script with Hdmi plug-in).

For blanking I don't know, might be the installation of the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext .. I don't know, I should try spotify and see if I have a similar problem. 

Can't wait High Sierra and not having Nvme problems anymore ; ) 

I fixed the lag on animations and spotify and got the HDMI port working by reinstalling the graphics kext.

The USB Wifi adapter that I shared with you its working great, however I cannot install wifi profiles for my college eduroam wifi.

- Netflix is not working on safari but works on chrome

- AppStore is working just fine

- The computer is working great, Xcode , sublime , reeder , sketch however the temperature of laptop is higher than in windows.

- Also notice that sleep mode does not really turn off the laptop and when I put it in my bag it gets really hot because its not turned off.

- Trackpad does not have any gesture, just right menu when touching with 2 fingers.

I will keep searching for errors or problems, but thank you so much for making this so easy and with this great performance.

One more thing... is it safe to update via App Store? I have a couple of updates waiting.

Thank you so much!

Hi,

Very noob, sorry :)

Followed the install guide on MiMU by Jahrain and at Clover when no fake ID loaded get in verbose "this version of OSX is not supported etc.." when load the example "0x123456789", I still get same error.  I download and installed on my USB the version of Sierra that I just downloaded from Apple.  I edited the config.plist as in instructions to include serial number (which Cloud Clover generated).  Help?

I'll post a solution ASAP, I've found my Mi Notebook Pro...

So stay tuned!

Hi, thanks :D , some further digging found that, maybe my problem is that my imac still runs Yosemite when I made the Sierra install USB.  Dont really want to upgrade but maybe have to now.

ok so its gets strange now.  I fixed error with boot arg -no_compat_check and boots to installer menu but everything is in Italian not sure why.

OK I see why, config.plist set to italian.  Edit config.plist changed language to English, ok, so now loads installer menu, then formatted to GUID and exit installer, on to install. 

NOW, I get greyed out, no option to select newly partitioned and formatted 256gb m2.  Installer says "macOS Sierra already installed etc." Problem might be is my SSD being regcognized, bad ssdt from filepack 2.0? as they not work for my SSD, suggestions anyone????

Frustrating.

ok so its gets strange now. I fixed error with boot arg -no_compat_check and boots to installer menu but everything is in Spanish or Italain not sure. Why????

OP is italian. Irc he set the locale to IT in config.plist. That might be why..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP is italian. Irc he set the locale to IT in config.plist. That might be why..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah no worries, simple plist edit, successo!!! :)

I need more time!

No worries man, been thinking it through.  any help when you can would be awesome :thumbsup_anim:  Now just stuck at install menu and grey out ssd.  Dont think its the boot arg i used -no_compat_check though.

I've messed up my installation with the "ryzen conspiracy" ehehhhe

right now I don't have a real mac to fix quicly so be patient... 

Sorry pals

Hello guys!

My Xiaomi mi 13 with sierra have some problems recently.

One of the most important its this one!

220589-8b87a285a4663faeb7f44b5434f2af2b.

As u can see the black in the background has some white points everywhere and i think i can call this flickering 

Also i have this problem with other colors too 

Whats is the problem hardware or software? Thanks

Hello,

How can I get GraphicsAccelleration? I've tried the config.plist from FilesPack and the one from RehabMan.

Unfortunately no success.  The ig-platform-id is always 0x19160000.

Many Thanks!

Edit: Now I got help from Osxlatitude: Everything works on my Xiaomi Air 13: NVMe Drive, Graphics Acceleration, Sound, Camera.

Why did nobody help me here?

Hey JahStories,

Next week, I will start to make a Hackintosh with my xiaomi mi air. But sincerely, I'm not understanding everything. Could you be more specific? In this step, for example, "Install Clover to EFI and copy the files to the right folders, then edit the config.plist (with cce or clover configurator) to add serial numbers to the smbios, use macbookpro13,1."

Which folders are the right ones? 

Basically, I would be very glad if you could text me this step in a more detailed way.

If anyone can help me, here is my telegram: @Luizsoft

THANKS!!!

Why there are two folders in the package with the same files? One called "_MACOSX" and the other "XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2.0)'?

They seem to have the same files. What's the difference between them? Which one should I use?