Sierra could not be installed in your computer install error - Clean Install

meanwhile

5 posts in this topic

ALright so I manage to make a bootable USB. I boot with usekernelcache=no -v graphicsenabler=no -f.

After passing the language selection screen I was greeted with this error ( NOTE: I am doing a clean install. This is not an upgrade)

IMG_20161223_152237.jpg

use the Sierra Kernel in the Download page. I was also using the latest version of Enoch. The sierra is Downloaded from Mac App Store.

I am doing a dual boot with el capitan. I allocated 500g for sierra using Disk utility.

Whats wrong here? Thanks

You can type alt+L to look at the install log, but my first guess is that you're imitating an unsupported Mac model through Enoch. For example Sierra doesn't support MacPro3,1 (usually the default) or MacPro4,1 but El Capitan does. Apple cut off support for a number of models with Sierra. What Mac model do you have set in smbios.plist? If this is the case try switching it to iMac14,1.

• Like 1

You can type alt+L to look at the install log, but my first guess is that you're imitating an unsupported Mac model through Enoch. For example Sierra doesn't support MacPro3,1 (usually the default) or MacPro4,1 but El Capitan does. Apple cut off support for a number of models with Sierra. What Mac model do you have set in smbios.plist? If this is the case try switching it to iMac14,1.

I am using MacPRO 5,1. Does this have to do with downloading Sierra with wrong SMBIOS? cause at that time I use MacPro 5,1 to download Sierra.

Yep, MacPro 5.1 (and chameleon) should work.

Can you check your smbios config - i think its the same as in the past - is shown right in El Capitan boot by "Over this Mac" in the menue bar?

Hint: The Apple driver  /S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext will crash when using MacPro5,1 - you should delete this (booting from other OS X Version after install Sierra).

• 3 weeks later...