Need some direction for Post-Install

MaraficeEye

55 posts in this topic

Hello folks, a hackintosh noob here.

I've managed to get up and running of mostly my own volition with some final help from RehabMan in another thread (Thanks RehabMan!).

I'm on an ASUS ZenBook UX306UA, using a Skylake i7-6500U (chipset is only listed as "Intel Skylake-U Premium PCH")

I have gotten up and running on macOS Sierra 10.12.0 but of course not everything works.

Basically I'm at a loss as to how to proceed, I'm at the "post-install" phase where you have to tweak and fiddle to get things working but have no idea how or where to begin.

I know what's not working (and what simply won't, like the wifi, without swapping out the card or using a usb adapter. Although through research I've found someone is indeed working on getting the Intel wifi cards to work, but it's not functional yet) and what is mostly working.

I can boot from the hard drive

The keyboard works

I'm using a bluetooth mouse.

What's not working -

Trackpad (I have an Elan 1200 according to what I've found)

WiFi (not worried about this at the moment)

Audio (requires tweaking of DSDT from what I can find, but I have no idea how to begin)

Battery Status (Possibly also DSDT tweaking as RehabMan's kext didn't solve it)

Those are my main focuses right now as far as what I'd like to get working,

I'm not asking for someone to come in this thread and fix it all for me, I'm mostly just looking for some guidance on where to begin.

I've looked at a couple guides that I can find, but they're not really made for someone with pretty much 0 knowledge of macOS and DSDTs and the like.

I'm not worried about the wifi right at the moment as it's an Intel ac7265 which is unsupported.

Audio is - Intel Skylake U/Y PCH - High Definition Audio Controller using the Conexant codec, driver version 8.66.30.52

Video is - Intel HD520 Skylake-U GT2

I can post the log from HWiNFO if you'd like, but I can't find any other descriptors for the hardware

forum search save many time and people

good start  ;)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317551-glitch-fix-for-skylake-hd-graphicsupdate/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311494-os-x-el-capitan-10114-skylake-intel-hd-graphics-general-discussion/

[ 1] 0x191e0000 - Intel® HD Graphics 515..........(ULX GT2)
[ 2] 0x19160000 - Intel® HD Graphics 520..........(ULT GT2)
[ 3] 0x19260000 - Intel® Iris™ Graphics 550.......(ULT GT3)
[ 4] 0x191b0000 - Intel® HD Graphics 530..........(Halo GT2)
[ 5] 0x193b0000 - Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580...(Halo GT4)
[ 6] 0x19120000 - Intel® HD Graphics 530..........(Desktop GT2)
[ 7] 0x19020001 - Intel® HD Graphics 510..........(Desktop GT1)
[ 8] 0x19170001 - Skylake Desktop.................(GT1.5)
[ 9] 0x19120001 - Intel® HD Graphics 530..........(Desktop GT2)
[10] 0x19320001 - Skylake Desktop.................(GT4)
[11] 0x19160002 - Intel® HD Graphics 520..........(ULT GT2)
[12] 0x19260002 - Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540.......(ULT GT3)
[13] 0x191e0003 - Intel® HD Graphics 515..........(ULX GT2)
[14] 0x19260004 - Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540.......(ULT GT3)
[15] 0x193b0005 - Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580...(Halo GT4)
[16] 0x193b0006 - Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580...(Halo GT4)

For keyboard and Touchpad you could try RehabMan's voodoops2.

It requires no dsdt patch just install with kext utility.

RehabMan also has some great dsdt ssdt tutorials available.

For audio is best to know you actual codec like ALC233 or ALC1150.

You could try appleHDA patcher or appleALC.

For patching dsdt you need maciasl and RehabMan's repo which can be found through his guides or google.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips Savage. I'm using VoodooPS2 right now I think and it gives me keyboard functionality, but not touchpad. As I said I'm using a bluetooth mouse at the moment so the touchpad is lower on my priority list.

I'll have to find his DSDT guides, I'm slightly wary of messing something up but hey, not afraid of having to do a reinstall if needed.

So I did a codec dump in linux and it lists my codec as - Conexant CX20751/2

It's always best to disassemble dsdt with all ssdt at the same time.

iasl -da -dl *.aml

If it doesn't work remove the ssdt's that have an x in them as they are dynamic and not needed anyway.

Voodoohda is ok for audio but once you learn more it's better to use a fully patched appleHDA.

Damn, tried a possible battery patch but apparently it didn't work. I think I did the patching right. But I still get no status for the battery. Ticking the box to show it on the menu bar only sticks for about a second, and the prefs pane says current charge 0% still.

So I either didn't use the patch right, or it doesn't work for my model.

I used the patch for ASUS N55SL since it says it also works for the UX305 and my UX306 supposedly has the same board. I'll have to dig deeper into manually editing it.

For now I'm not going to worry about the audio. both the speakers and my mic are working with VoodooHDA, and doing some checking in the AppleHDA patch request thread, it seems it doesn't work on the mics? I could be wrong but I read something in there saying AppleHDA didn't have the mic working.

I think the last big hurdle at the moment is getting the touchpad to work. The main problem is it being an I2C device if I remember correctly. VoodooPS2 is working for my keyboard, but not the touchpad. It's an Elan 1200. I tried a kext (mentioned earlier in the thread) that was supposedly for the Elantech 1000 series, but when I tried it (both with and without VoodooPS2), I lost my keyboard input.

For battery your have to use BatteryManager kext. Also run ssdtPRgen for power management. Do dsdt, ssdtx patch and tweaks. Add utility software. Your Elan may work with SmartTrackpad kext

That's the one I tried, couldn't remember the name though, thanks. When I tried it I lost keyboard input and didn't gain my touchpad sadly. But hell, knowing my luck I probably screwed up somewhere

• Like 1

Does your brightness work?

You have sound and battery now?

Yes as virgosun said you need to implement power management with ssdtprgen.

There is this.

https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C

And

https://gitter.im/alexandred/VoodooI2C