jnthnleonardo

Can't reach Sierra (retail) installer

4 posts in this topic

Hi! Yesterday I downloaded Sierra and El Capitan retail and put it to my usb using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. (I have tried transmac also, same result). I booted to my clover but unable to reach the installer. But when I use distro (niresh yosemite) I can install it. But yosemite was laggy so I want to try another.

Boot flags I have tried:

GraphicsEnabler=no

GraphicsEnabler=yes

cpus=1

/amd64

-x

-F

npci=0x2000 and 0x3000

My specs

AMD Radeon 8180 HD Graphics @1GHz, 2GB RAM.

The usb i used partitioned with GUID partition table. I tried on another laptop (amd and intel) and had the same result

My verbose mode said in picture attached. After showing that it just shut down and booted again into clover.

Sorry I haven't attached the photo

post-1915953-0-61283600-1481352041_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

If your computer has an AMD CPU, you need to replace the vanilla kernel by the appropriate AMD kernel version. I highly recommend Bronya's kernels.

What are the system's specs? You only specified the GPU...

If your computer has an AMD CPU, you need to replace the vanilla kernel by the appropriate AMD kernel version. I highly recommend Bronya's kernels.

What are the system's specs? You only specified the GPU...

I'll give it a try. Thank you for your answer. But I had the exact same result in intel laptop I tried. Is it still because of the vanilla kernel?

My other specs

AMD A4 1200au 1.0GHz - 1MB Cache

2GB DDR3 RAM

320GB SATA HDD

You're probably not building your USB installer the proper way. No support for the tools here for the tools you chose to use so I can only suggest you switch to manual USB installer creation and a bootloader such as Enoch or Clover.

Can't help you on the AMD front as I've no such hardware hence no experience on such platforms with El Capitan and/or Sierra. But vanilla kernel = no go. You must use an AMD kerbnel. Look it up in the relevant AMD section and threads.

For Intel, again, can't answer unless you list your specs. Depending on your platform family, you may require AICPUPM patch or kernel patch to handle CPU power management and avoid KP/reboot.

Post your full computers specs (CPU, chipset, RAM, Graphics, LAN, wifi, bluetooth, SD card reader, audio exact models, ideally with PCI ids) and a copy of the bootpacks you've used (kexts, bootloader config files, etc.).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arman Hossain
      HI 
      I want install High Sierra  on my pc . my CPU is : AMD Ryzen 3 2200g and my MotherBoard is : ASUS EX A320m. and 8gb ram DDR4 ram . i dont have any external gripch card. i have seen some video on youtube how to install High Sierra but they use extranal gripch card to make it good  but i don't have any extranal gripch card . on my windows sysem the shared gpu is 2GB which is using my ram to crate the vega gripch  . i want know is it possible to install High Sierra on my pc with out any extarnal gripsh card  ?

• By clockT
      sono un pò arrugginito ..e volevo chiedere un aiuto su come installare opencore anzichè clover. ho provato ma dopo il post installazione riesco solo a far partire catalina tramite pendrive. quale congifurazione sbaglio?
      EFI.zip

• By Donw35
      HP 840 G2, working with OS X 10.15 Catalina, for this to work you will need the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml and place that  EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. 
      Make sure you remove Remove all patch about renaming acpi of EC or H_EC,, revert all ACPI renaming in ACPI DSDT.

Happy Hackintosh

I have a HP 840 G3 that was donated to me to Hackintosh, currently running High Sierra 10.13.6. This should work for the 840 G2 and you may even have more luck with the 840 G1 with the WiFi that PCIe.

My method to install OS X on the SSD from a working real Mac via SSD to USB converter. I then install Clover and add my kexts ad set the config.plist

Not working
      SD Card reader

Working
      Video - screen looks better in OS X then it does in Windows 10
      VGA port
      WiFi and BlueTooth working OOO using the below hack
      Battery status with Rehabman's DSDT patch
      Brightness controls
      Sounds - using VoodooHDA
      Microphone - cannot turn it off or mute
      Keyboard backlight - controlled though BIOS anyways
      touchpad - using VoodooPS2Controller
      USB3 - this laptop has two on board only and I haven't test them using the docking station
      USB3.1 C
      Ethernet - using IntelMausiEthernet
      Sleep - kind of, closing the lid doesn't go to sleep but goes to sleep over time.

Not tested
      This laptop does not have a Webcam - enterprise model.
      Display port
      Finger Print device

For me what keeps this from being a day to day usable laptop (Mac Book) is the WiFi + Bluetooth, not having battery percentage could be an issue later though.

Clover_folder for those that want to play along.

SSDT-ECUSBX.aml
    • By MatthewBayard
      Current Build ( just purchased the RX 580 )

CPU Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor       CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler     Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH       Memory 4x 8gb     (Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile   16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black)       Case Fractal Design   Define R4 (Black Pearl)       Power Supply Corsair HX750       HDD SATA 6Gb / s 256GB SSD         Wifi TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless PCI Express Adapter       Graphics Card MSI RADEON RX 580 ARMOR MK2 8G OC Graphic Card      

The installation has failed a dozen times after creating a bootable USB via the instructions outlined at serval different places:
      https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-install-macos-mojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/   
      https://hackintosher.com/forums/thread/mojave-flummoxed-with-ga-z97x-ud7.1338/
      https://hackintosher.com/guides/guide-to-fresh-installing-macos-mojave-on-a-hackintosh-10-14/

I have used UniBest to create my builds in the past and they have mostly been successful. I tried the other methods as a last resort. I have not gotten past the Apple boot screen with any method attempting to install Mojave. 

I have followed all the guides I can in order to get a successful install. However, it has been hard to get a definitive guide to solve my issues.

Could somebody please help me with the correct [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] settings. Ie UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode? 
      Recommended BIOS Settings for my system. 

It might also just be the required Clover boot screen setup / flags 

I also have no clue which [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] configurations are required for me to build.

Any help at all will be most appreciated.

I can post any more information regarding errors and crashes if required.       

• By Andres ZeroCross
      First my Old Threads is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308178-el-capitan-wih-i7-6700-skylake-gigabyte-ga-z170-hd3-palit-jetstream-gtx960/

My Computer Specifications
      1. Processor : Intel Core i7 6700
      2. Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170-HD3
      3. VGA Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
      4. Wifi Card ; TP-Link TL-WDN4800
      5. PCI-E to Sata = Bafo PCI-e to 2 Sata3 and 2 e-Sata
      6. PCI to USB 2.0 - NEC Chipset
      7. Main Harddisk Harddisk : Fujitsu SSD 120GB + Seagate 500GB that plug into Bafo PCIe to Sata3
      8. Other Harddisk : Natno SSD 12GB, 2x Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, all of it are plug into onboard Sata Chipset Controller (But Unknow at El Capitan / 10th Intel Chipset)
      9. RAM : Team 3000Mhz 8GB (2x4GB)
      10. Display : Asus VN248H
      11. Clover version : 3280

My Step :
      1. Because Internal Sata Chipset and USB 3.0 are not supported yet, so i clone my Fujitsu 120GB SSD from my Hacbook Asus X455LA that already installed El Capitan Build 15B30a with Carbon Copy Cloner
      2. I use MacPro 6.1 as SMBIOS and use FakeCPUIID of Intel 4790k (0x0306C3)
      3. Remove CPUSensor.kext from "FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins" if you don't do this it will be stuck at ACPI log verbose.
      4. I try boot from USB that already install Clover 3280 and it boot. I use "-v nv_disable=1 dart=0"
      5. Then at desktop, i install nvidia web driver 346.03.02F02 (before that you need to modif it,, use pkgutil --expand bla bla ba,, google it and change required os to "15B" then use pkgutl --flatten bla bla to repackage) then i change info plist from AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugin/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist and change line that contain board-id of MacPro 6.1 from Config2 to none
      6. Then i install that kext,, and restart
      7. i use "-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1 and it will need more time than usual to get login form,, yeah i did it. But there is some bugs

Bugs :
      1. Internal sata is not function
      2. USB 3.0 is error too,,  at verbose i see "error mantisa log"
      3. Sometimes my system get freeze for a few seconds. I thinks this is error from Nvidia web driver,, i see nvdia error log from "sudo dmesg"

At last,, sorry for my bad english
      Thanks

This is for screenshots

I upload my IOREG and DSDT