mnfesq

[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.2

96 posts in this topic

Beta 16C48B still not working with old NVIDIA driver Webdriver 367.15.10.15f03. Black and white screen and very laggy. Hopefully an updated driver will be out soon!

Working fine with NVIDIA disabled.

Advertisement

Hi!

Web Driver working Sierra 10.12.2 (16C48b).

[Attachment = 205548: webdriver01.jpeg]

[Attachment = 205553: webdriver03.jpeg]

[Attachment = 205550: webdriver02.jpeg]

post-1073423-0-73645500-1479221431_thumb.jpeg

post-1073423-0-66330100-1479221432_thumb.jpeg

post-1073423-0-25230900-1479221507_thumb.jpeg

Edit  /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist "16C" + Config.plist "NvidiaWeb YES"

[Attachment = 205556: 16C.jpeg]

post-1073423-0-62835300-1479222101_thumb.jpeg

Edit  /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist "16C" + Config.plist "NvidiaWeb YES"

Thanks for the info. HMMM, I had already edited the NVDAStartupWeb.kext info.plist just as you did and I get a black and white screen and the laggy performance. Perhaps it's due to differences in video cards??

Edit /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist "16C" + Config.plist "NvidiaWeb YES"

Which graphics card do you have?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Huge issue MacOS will do a soft reset on me from time to time and close everything im doing im going back to 10.11.6 soon that issue is to big to ignore

Huge issue MacOS will do a soft reset on me from time to time and close everything im doing im going back to 10.11.6 soon that issue is to big to ignore

Beta or official?

Beta or official?

always beta dev beta 

Maybe useful for someone

as stated here i was able to have a fully working os simply by trashing the web drivers and using macos ones 

config.plist and boot options as per nvidia standards 

and the update to 2nd beta went totally smooth.

LuCyr04 .. yes and why do you show us the video?

What is so unique to install on such a motherboard, Sierra?

This is normal, which is so with Clover .. So you are not an exception to have so "done".

And you could have saved this ugly music !!!

Hmm. This, and the other recent betas, all result in a strange grey screen (no colour of any kind except for grey scale) with some curious artifacts along the OS X title bar. Also, any open applications seem to both work and not work - alternately loading and/or crashing. I hope this isn't the case in the future. 

Hmm. This, and the other recent betas, all result in a strange grey screen (no colour of any kind except for grey scale) with some curious artifacts along the OS X title bar. Also, any open applications seem to both work and not work - alternately loading and/or crashing. I hope this isn't the case in the future. 

I have the same issue. In my case it's related to the Nvidia drivers. Patiently waiting for new ones for these betas.

Yes I've had the same issue with my gtx960. Os X becomes unusable with nvidia driver.

I have the same issue. In my case it's related to the Nvidia drivers. Patiently waiting for new ones for these betas.

Yes I've had the same issue with my gtx960. Os X becomes unusable with nvidia driver.

I figure as much. Thanks for letting me know it's not just me. 

Here's a way to stop WiFiVelocity from spamming your Console.

Boot with SIP disabled, run this from the Terminal and reboot:

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.wifivelocityd.plist Disabled -bool YES

It's a bit brute-force, but disabling it from launchctl doesn't work here.

+1 Does anyone know how to disable the NVIDIA web driver to make the system usable again? I can't get the panel to open.

+1 Does anyone know how to disable the NVIDIA web driver to make the system usable again? I can't get the panel to open.

Have you tried booting with nv_disable=1?