mnfesq

[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.2

104 posts in this topic

everything works prefect apart from cap locks any solution as yet for that at all or just disable it .. :D  

Advertisement

@jsl

May I ask you what drivers are selected in NVIDIA Driver Manager > Graphics Driver ?

It appears that as soon I select NVIDIA's one and reboot, the B&W display returns back ! So patching the NVDAStartupWeb.kext works but not when NVDIA's Graphics drivers are selected.

PS : Sorry for the first screenshot but that's all I can display since the system is barely usable.

Hi,

have you solved this?

I have same problem with 16C32f

System is usable only if I start with nv_disable=1

otherwise black&white screen and not working as it should be

This kext only appeared in the last update. It contains the ID of the LPC chipsets, a large list. There is not even supported by Mac OS.

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2016-11-03 в 13.41.45.jp

LPC microcontrollers based on ARM Apple added support for an ARM chip to MacOS “Sierra” 10.12. Hidden inside kernel release notes for macOS 10.12,

AAPL_MacOS_Kernel_SupportList.jpg

AAPL_MacOS_ARM_Hurricane.png

LPC microcontrollers based on ARM Apple added support for an ARM chip to MacOS “Sierra” 10.12. Hidden inside kernel release notes for macOS 10.12,

the touch bar on new mbps runs on ARM. maybe it's for that?

the touch bar on new mbps runs on ARM. maybe it's for that?

Yeah maybe could be .. Am too busy to worry about to be honest with you sorting out windows 10 enterprise ltsb and think this is the safest option now with how crazy windows 10 is getting with everything and the news headlines these days .. 

If you update to 16C32f your os is useless. I can not do anything.

thats a fluke mine works without issue 

Ok I solved in a dirty way

I overwrite all nvda kext on S/L/E  with an old El Capitan nvda sets of kext

then I edited NVDAStartupWeb.kext and it is working now

Where can i get this kexts ? I have no system with el capitan at the moment.

#EDIT

I remembered I have still the OS X El Capitan Installation File from my MBP, I never deleted it. So I extracted the files from the BaseSystem to get all this nvda kexts. But still I have this B&W Screen and the System is unbelievable slow. What should I do ?

Sorry Noim I reverted my rig to MacOS 10.12.1

You have to copy on S/L/E NVDA*.kext (maybe not all useful but I copied all of them) from a 10.11.6 I have

then run kextutility

In my case this is all I have done 

Where can i get this kexts ? I have no system with el capitan at the moment.

#EDIT

I remembered I have still the OS X El Capitan Installation File from my MBP, I never deleted it. So I extracted the files from the BaseSystem to get all this nvda kexts. But still I have this B&W Screen and the System is unbelievable slow. What should I do ?

new seed... 16C41b

So far, I have noticed that Little Snitch Configuration, HandsOff! and Karabiner-Elements do not work properly on my laptop running 10.12.2 developer beta.  It sure seems like Apple is making lots of changes "under the hood" that are really messing things up for 3rd-party app developers.  That said, 10.12.2 certainly seems like an improvement from 10.12.0.

UPDATE:  Little Snitch now works as expected with Developer Beta 3 (16C41b).  Karabiner-Elements works better but not all features work as expected.  I didn't try HandsOff! since I got LS working.

new seed... 16C41b

So far, I have noticed that Little Snitch Configuration, HandsOff! and Karabiner-Elements do not work properly on my laptop running 10.12.2 developer beta.  It sure seems like Apple is making lots of changes "under the hood" that are really messing things up for 3rd-party app developers.  That said, 10.12.2 certainly seems like an improvement from 10.12.0.

But how can i update from my 16C32f to 16C41b? I have no update available

But how can i update from my 16C32f to 16C41b? I have no update available

Unless you have a developer account you'll have to wait for the public beta release which is usually a couple of days after the developer version.

LPC microcontrollers based on ARM Apple added support for an ARM chip to MacOS “Sierra” 10.12. Hidden inside kernel release notes for macOS 10.12,

AAPL_MacOS_Kernel_SupportList.jpg

AAPL_MacOS_ARM_Hurricane.png

So lets hope Apple will not switch to ARM totally, would be the end for the hackintosh scene. (without special kernels)

16C41b update went smooth on my laptop (specs in sig) except on waking from sleep (opening lid) screen brightness is really low, have to manually raise.

Desktop not being updated until Nvidia cards has been confirmed to not make system unusable.

16C41b update went smooth on my laptop (specs in sig) except on waking from sleep (opening lid) screen brightness is really low, have to manually raise.

Desktop not being updated until Nvidia cards has been confirmed to not make system unusable.

Yeah smooth here too also notice since i plugged a keyboard into my laptop its solved Capslock   .. Now everything workers and runs normal .. So i think people who have issues Capslock  is a kext problem more then anything and not the os itself ... 

me too. more smooth

post-980913-0-88821700-1478683107_thumb.png

Did they change any of the ATI kexts, AMDRadeonX4100.kext in particular

None of the nameplate "Ellesmere" (RX470 and 480). Only "Baffin" (RX460).

post-1145065-0-36943000-1478700516_thumb.png