GA-Z170X-UD5 minor issues, need help

tamorgen

5 posts in this topic

Good morning,

I've built a new GA-Z170X-UD5 system w/Intel 6700K Core i7 CPU and a GeForce GTX 970 GPU.  I've set my system definition to iMac 17,1, and I've done everything as vanilla as possible using clover and some DSDT patching.  I've run into a few issues that I haven't been able to solve, and I'm looking for input:

• Working:
    • Sound using audio_pikeralphaALC-120.command.
    • P-states using SSDT-i7-6700K.aml
    • USB ports using SSDT-USB.aml specific to my MB.  I still have USBInjectAll.kext in my \EFI\Clover\kexts folder.  Not sure if I still need that
  • Not working, or not working ideally:
    • The only way I could get my monitors to work was with AGDPfix.app.  I'd really like to get it to work without this app, as I don't want to have to run it every time Apple decides to push out a new system update.  I tried PikerAlpha's black screen tip of the day, and it did not work for me.
    • Sleep really doesn't work correctly.  It will go to sleep, but it doesn't want to wake from the keyboard.  It will wake with the power button.
    • After sleep, I don't have any sound.
    • I still haven't attempted to sign into iCloud/iMessage as of yet, as I don't want to do that until I have a completely running system.

​Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Like 1

Update:

Removed the 15-30 USB port Kext Patch and USBInjectaAll.kext last night, and everything still appears to work fine.

Sleep is now waking from keyboard.  Might have to do with the USB DSDT.

iCloud/iMessage seems to be working for me straight from sign in.  The question remains to be seen if it will remain signed on when I come back, after it's been asleep or rebooted.

• 4 months later...

Good morning,

I've built a new GA-Z170X-UD5 system w/Intel 6700K Core i7 CPU and a GeForce GTX 970 GPU.  I've set my system definition to iMac 17,1, and I've done everything as vanilla as possible using clover and some DSDT patching.  I've run into a few issues that I haven't been able to solve, and I'm looking for input:

• Working:
    • Sound using audio_pikeralphaALC-120.command.
    • P-states using SSDT-i7-6700K.aml
    • USB ports using SSDT-USB.aml specific to my MB.  I still have USBInjectAll.kext in my \EFI\Clover\kexts folder.  Not sure if I still need that
  • Not working, or not working ideally:
    • The only way I could get my monitors to work was with AGDPfix.app.  I'd really like to get it to work without this app, as I don't want to have to run it every time Apple decides to push out a new system update.  I tried PikerAlpha's black screen tip of the day, and it did not work for me.
    • Sleep really doesn't work correctly.  It will go to sleep, but it doesn't want to wake from the keyboard.  It will wake with the power button.
    • After sleep, I don't have any sound.
    • I still haven't attempted to sign into iCloud/iMessage as of yet, as I don't want to do that until I have a completely running system.

​Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello @tamorgen, can you share me the USB-DSDT for our mainboard.

I have the same GA-Z170X-UD5.

Skylake dont need SSDT for PM

Audio and HDMI audio, use DSDT patch + AppleALC(Applehda untouched)

post DSDT(extract with F4 in clover boot screen) and Ioreg output here and we let some tests if u can, dont use xdsm, xosi, etc u kill devices with patch

IORegistryExplorer 3.app.zip

AGDPfix.app -  use Brumbaer patches, clear nvram sudo nvram -c

reboot 2 times

USB

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/