midi-sama

[GUIDE] [10.12] Sierra on Tab!

86 posts in this topic

Ok ill be clear again, WHY ARE YOU STILL USING AtivHDA? I clearly stated the usage of AppleALC (use 1.0.19) which is better (waaaaay better) than any applehda patcher atm.

Anyway for your first problem, close it, and follow how to patch UPDD (ez as dat) or check my other patch under Samsung forum section (same section as this thread).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I want to tell everyone here that Im discontinuing this project for now. My tablet broke, for some reason my bios is fried (not physically thankfully) and it wont turn on. Ill open a thread if anyone can help me with it.

Advertisement

Ok ill be clear again, WHY ARE YOU STILL USING AtivHDA? I clearly stated the usage of AppleALC (use 1.0.19) which is better (waaaaay better) than any applehda patcher atm.

Anyway for your first problem, close it, and follow how to patch UPDD (ez as dat) or check my other patch under Samsung forum section (same section as this thread).

I want to tell everyone here that Im discontinuing this project for now. My tablet broke, for some reason my bios is fried (not physically thankfully) and it wont turn on. Ill open a thread if anyone can help me with it.

Sorry, but I'M NOT USING AtivHDA, I'm just telling Edwin what his problem is possibly. The same thing happened to me and I solved it.

I'll try your patch. Thank you.

How do you patch UPDD. I myself have a method to bypass the trial it but some what complicated.

Oh I see. My approach is totally different. Thanks.

That way, I have 5 figures gesture

How do you patch UPDD. I myself have a method to bypass the trial it but some what complicated.

Oh I see. My approach is totally different. Thanks.

That way, I have 5 figures gesture

What is your method?

Your method is to re-install the trial UPDD driver every 24hours. How do you get multi-touch gesture?

It is impossible. Locked by Trial driver.

Your method is to re-install the trial UPDD driver every 24hours. How do you get multi-touch gesture?

It is impossible. Locked by Trial driver.

I use the driver with the gestures app, and yes i get full gestures, but I reinstall each 24 hours. What's the issue here? If your method is better, you are welcomed to help, we need a better method for that!

I use the driver with the gestures app, and yes i get full gestures, but I reinstall each 24 hours. What's the issue here? If your method is better, you are welcomed to help, we need a better method for that!

+1

The touch drivers that I install (and stated in the guide) is specifically designed (and custom made) for ativ tab 7 from the touchbase website. The gestures files (that you can use too) have gestures close to windows' feel: swipe from the right to get notification pannel, from left for all apps, 5 pinching to maximize/zoom the window, 4 pinching for showing the desktop/launchpad like on real touchpad, 2 fingers for scrolling and going back and forward (touchpad gestures), 3 finders touch for either kyb invoking or search selected terms (changeable in the updd gestures settings), 3 finger flick to swipe between full-screen apps, long press for secondary menu. it's like a real touchpad with some windows inspired gestures. Your method is the same, I dont see any difference in your video, unless you've bought the software, well that's another thing.

I don't know if your activ driver is a license or not but without a license, then multiple-ginger is locked. I have tried and it is true 

My Yoga use general downloaded driver from Touch-base and without my hacking, 5-fingers gesture is not avaiable. Also I dont have to re-install the driver any more 

I don't know if your activ driver is a license or not but without a license, then multiple-ginger is locked. I have tried and it is true 

My Yoga use general downloaded driver from Touch-base and without my hacking, 5-fingers gesture is not avaiable. Also I dont have to re-install the driver any more 

Bla, bla, bla... Obviously you do not want to reveal your method (if you have one).

Ok here a screenshot of the official driver from UPDD for our tab: 

eB4oF1j.png

If you dont want to give your hacking publicity, you can PM me anytime and talk it over. I'm open to all suggestions.

Bla, bla, bla... Obviously you do not want to reveal your method (if you have one).

Because if you have a working method so you dont need mine. But I am not sure if your tailor driver is licensed or not 

Link please? It means Dave gives you the special version for free?

If it is the case then other touch-controller owner want to be given a free driver too.

Because if you have a working method so you dont need mine. But I am not sure if your tailor driver is licensed or not 

Link please? It means Dave gives you the special version for free?

I do not have any method. I came here asking for help.

If you want to make money, you should have started there. Thanks but no. Everyone here helps for free.

Claro, claro...

Can you share us here how fairly do you have him delivered the multi-finger gesture for evaluation?

My controller is Elan 0x2089 which is not official listed so I contacted Dave to have it added to the list. 

And I got him sent a 2 finger gesture evaluation version as everyone else.

Correct me if I am wrong?

Is it fair?

Some thing seems free but it is not free or un-fair!

Can you share us here how fairly do you have him delivered the multi-finger gesture for evaluation?

My controller is Elan 0x2089 which is not official listed so I contacted Dave to have it added to the list. 

And I got him sent a 2 finger gesture evaluation version as everyone else.

Correct me if I am wrong?

Is it fair?

Some thing seems free but it is not free or un-fair!

Mmmmm... Who the {censored} are you talking to? I have already said clearly that I have no driver installed for multi-touch gestures. It does not work, when I finish installing it I receive a message that says "the evaluation period has expired" (immediately after installing it).

Pesetero de los cojones...

Guys, stop it this instance! We're here to share knowledge not to argue about who got the best way. I would really like to see his method if it can help, also I would also help him and make a better tool to work with. The only retarded here is UPDD for making a crapoy software for a price as high as the skies, I would actually congratulate them for their work ok the driver on different devices worldwidely. But here is the issue: we got an official installer with the drivers and a working UPDD Gestures that is reinstallable and working with full touch support, while other didnt get support as much as us (Ativ and Surface users). If in the end we find a viable way to give everyone the opportunity to use UPDD Gestures on any device without conflicts that would be the best thing to happen to Osx86. Actually i would love to see developers here work on some kind of alternative driver to UPDD, that would be great for the whole community!

Fortunately there are people working on better (and free) solutions. Unfortunately these solutions do not work on all tablets.

VoodooI2C

The main project is located here - https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C

Compiled from the master, you will only have single touch functionality. 

If you want all the gestures I demonstrated in the video, then either use the VoodooI2C kext I attached or build it with XCode from my fork here - https://github.com/blankmac/VoodooI2C/tree/FiveFingerGestures/VoodooI2C

Available Gestures

• Two Finger Scrolling
  • Three Finger Swipes (These are stock and don’t need configuring)
    • Left – Control+LeftArrow – Mission Contrrol move one desktop left
    • Right – Control+RightArrow – MC move one desktop right
    • Up – Control+UpArrow – Show Mission Control
    • Down – Show Application Window
  • Four Finger Swipes (Some need setup)
    • Left – Command+Q  Quit application
    • Down – Command+W Close Window (Or tab in a browser)
    • Right – F11 Show Desktop
    • Up – Control+F11 LaunchPad (must turn it on and set the shortcut in System Preferences)
  • Five Finger Swipes (Some need setup)
    • Left – Control+F9 Show notification center (must setup in System Preferences)
    • Down – Command+F11 Turn Dock hiding on/off (must setup in System Preferences)
    • Right – Command+Space Show Spotlight search
    • Up – Control+F10 In my system this launches an automator service which launches ‘KeyUp’, an onscreen keyboard app.  Highly recommended, but set this shortcut or any of the preceding to whatever you prefer, obviously.

I extrapolated the four and five finger gestures as the original project stops at three and was intended for a trackpad.  The developer of the gesture engine (@CoolStar on github) has said he may add additional ones.  As long as I own the Elite, I will continue to update and refine the touchscreen where and when possible.

Original thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319055-hp-elite-x2-1012/

ok guys, here is a utility that I found that replaces PlistEdit Pro, and works on every (EVERY) OS, since it's a website!

http://tustin2121.github.io/jsPlistor/

Just copy the content of a plist and paste it in the Import... box.

Dear COmmunity,

I have followed the guide but can't get the install to start, Clover loaded, but when I select to install it just sits there, and any key on the tab that I press, returns me to the bios setup. Currently, there is an osx install on the sdd.

Any leads?

Well, i've just updated to High Sierra (latest Public beta and possible GM). Updated Clover to the last version (r4200) and the kexts in the Other folder (AppleAlc, etc so you have sound after the update). Of course no Wacom drivers yet, but everything else is working fine, APFS included. Noticeable faster for me, too.

Dear COmmunity,

I have followed the guide but can't get the install to start, Clover loaded, but when I select to install it just sits there, and any key on the tab that I press, returns me to the bios setup. Currently, there is an osx install on the sdd.

Any leads?

I can upload a copy of my Clover folder if you want it.

Well, i've just updated to High Sierra (latest Public beta and possible GM). Updated Clover to the last version (r4200) and the kexts in the Other folder (AppleAlc, etc so you have sound after the update). Of course no Wacom drivers yet, but everything else is working fine, APFS included. Noticeable faster for me, too.

sadly, my tablet has a broken screen now (made sure of that), and I dont seem to find an alternative. My fan is pulsing and I dont know why, also the SUB part of the motherboard (with wifi-3G-wacom connector) broke and I cant find a replacement. if Anyone knows how to repair that and what parts I need, please PM me. Thanks.