Moviemakergr

macOS 10.12.1 is out!

58 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I'm still having some issues with 10.12.1.  The function keys are not working as they did with El Capitan, although they are working better than in 10.12.0.  Basically, brightness down (F2)  is now brightness up and brightness up (F3) seems to toggle between brightness up and volume up.  I seem to be getting my apps to load properly in the menu bar now.  I think menumeters was the culprit although I can't figure out why it was problematic.  iStat menus load fine.  However, it is still the case that when I open my first app, whether its Safari or System Preferences or Activity Monitor, it hangs and I have to force restart.  When I restart, it opens just fine and I have no further problem with my apps.  Not sure what's causing that.  Overall, I'm still not seeing much benefit to Sierra over El Capitan since I'm not really a Siri user.

Successfully installed. I have had to change only NVDAStartupWeb.kext - download it in attachements - for lazy people :)

attachicon.gifArtboard.png

What was the reason you need to change it ?

Any problems with CapsLK this was a problem  for me before  also  Display / Trackpad settings would not show up  .. 

Caps lock is still the same.  I'm not having any problem with Display or Trackpad prefpanes.  Also, I got Karabiner-Elements to work so I have all of my function keys working.  But using Karabiner, I now lost zoom by scrolling while pressing control.  I should be able to get that working in Karabiner.  

I recall RehabMan saying he was going to wait until Karabiner was working to see if he could modify his VoodooPS2Controller to address the HID issues created by 10.12.1.  I haven't seen him here so much lately.  I hope that when life permits, he'll take a look at that kext and/or the DSDT edits that change brightness controls.

I installed it yesterday and had also the Problem that the first opened app will not start before it is forced to close. Also hibernate wasn't working anymore. So i reverted back to 10.12.0.

Today i will test to upgrade again, maybe something went wrong during the upgrade.

Sierra is the buggiest Apple OS i can remember.

Yes, but yesterday It was not available. It was quick! :)

Thanks to both, all working here, no issues

I installed it yesterday and had also the Problem that the first opened app will not start before it is forced to close. Also hibernate wasn't working anymore. So i reverted back to 10.12.0.

Today i will test to upgrade again, maybe something went wrong during the upgrade.

Sierra is the buggiest Apple OS i can remember.

I'm still having some issues with 10.12.1.  The function keys are not working as they did with El Capitan, although they are working better than in 10.12.0.  Basically, brightness down (F2)  is now brightness up and brightness up (F3) seems to toggle between brightness up and volume up.  I seem to be getting my apps to load properly in the menu bar now.  I think menumeters was the culprit although I can't figure out why it was problematic.  iStat menus load fine.  However, it is still the case that when I open my first app, whether its Safari or System Preferences or Activity Monitor, it hangs and I have to force restart.  When I restart, it opens just fine and I have no further problem with my apps.  Not sure what's causing that.  Overall, I'm still not seeing much benefit to Sierra over El Capitan since I'm not really a Siri user.

the Not Responding App when open for the first time is the most annoying thing that always happened from 10.12.1 beta 1 till final release, Sierra  somewhat the worst that apple ever developed, too many bug  :(  :(

the Not Responding App when open for the first time is the most annoying thing that always happened from 10.12.1 beta 1 till final release, Sierra  somewhat the worst that apple ever developed, too many bug  :(  :(

Turns out that I am having issues with apps hanging after waking from sleep too.  Even worse, I cannot seem to get my existing installation of Parallels to work.  That's a game-changer for me since I have to work on a Windows machine.

Installed without any issues (X79-UD5, 3930K, MacPro 6,1 Smbios)

Parallels, still works fine for me.

I can't comment on issues after sleep as I have it disabled; the Areca raid card I have installed breaks sleep for both OSX and Windows so I shut off the power saving features.

Hi everyone I had to use the confg.plist of my flash drive for being able to boot after updating otherwise I'll stay on the screen of the white apple for ever without any progression ...Installed new web drivers , ran adgpfix and restart without the cash drive on the usual EFI partition 

Everything seems ok just a message warning me that my cuda driver need an update .. Is that normal ? 

Installed without any issues (X79-UD5, 3930K, MacPro 6,1 Smbios)

Parallels, still works fine for me.

I can't comment on issues after sleep as I have it disabled; the Areca raid card I have installed breaks sleep for both OSX and Windows so I shut off the power saving features.

I restored a backup of my hack and updated it to 10.12.1.  Now, Parallels runs fine.  I think I must have had a "Little Snitch" issue, if you know what I mean.

Yeah totally agree with you still problems with display & trackpad for me and caps. Even with Karabiner-Elements ... WTF :w00t:

Little update it didn't update so i ended up downloading it again, :( Anyway still problems with display & trackpad for me and caps.. but brightness up and down works with Karabiner-Elements.. plus using a wireless mouse so not that i need trackpad at the moment .. but anyway rather have these problems over windows 10 these days ..

Track pad can be replaced from El capitan and display pane issues can be fixed with a custom edid.

I have hd4400 on my laptop and had to inject a custom edid to get the display pane working on betas and is still working working after 10.12.1 as is my track pad pane.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Now all keyboard function keys(such brightness up/down, volume up/down...) work on my Dell Precision M3800, see attachment :)  :)

post-950366-0-46828300-1477506031_thumb.png

syscl

////