Nvidia GeForce Gt 610 with MacOs Sierra Black screen

viruskn

69 posts in this topic

Hey Guys i have installed MacOs Sierra on my PC lately and i'm having a problem with the GPU , The system only boots if the nv_disable = 1 flag is activated , and it sucks without the graphic acceleration . 
I tried Nvidia Webdrivers , Kexts .... Changed the System definitions Nothing seems to work .

info : I have Yosemite and el Capitan on the same PC and they r working perfectly Fine 
Photo from el capitan Setup :

post-1837369-0-48003100-1475774240_thumb.png

you have 2 options

first inject the card in clover

if that don't work then remove inject and try option # 2 below

use the latest version of clover go to system parameters and check the new option, nvidia web

reboot 

you might need to re check nvidia web drivers in nvidia manager

gt 610 don't work in sierra...

you have 2 options

first inject the card in clover

if that don't work then remove inject and try option # 2 below

use the latest version of clover go to system parameters and check the new option, nvidia web

reboot 

you might need to re check nvidia web drivers in nvidia manager

I did That , and tried everything , but apparently it's not supported :/

Thanks Guys for the Replies 

One More Question : is there another cheap Card supported in the market ? 

i used to have a 210 then a 230 i think if i remember correctly then i bought a 650 gtx. now i have a pair of identical 970's, but what i find weird is that a 210 works and a 610 doesn't work. i don't now but i think something is definetly wrong here unless i'm the one that is wrong but i think if a 210 works a 610 should work, unfortunately i don't have the card to try. make sure to find out first from a few difference sources before buying anything, good luck

yup thats what i'm doing , thanks , and some told me to wait maybe an update of sierra will correct te problem , Hopefully it will

i used to have a 210 then a 230 i think if i remember correctly then i bought a 650 gtx. now i have a pair of identical 970's, but what i find weird is that a 210 works and a 610 doesn't work. i don't now but i think something is definetly wrong here unless i'm the one that is wrong but i think if a 210 works a 610 should work, unfortunately i don't have the card to try. make sure to find out first from a few difference sources before buying anything, good luck

maybe because GT610 use Fermi (microarchitecture)?

• Like 1

Nah, i got my 560ti working last week. I made a thread about it too as it was a fair effort.

GPU is diferent, this is the point here.

GeForce 560TI use:   GF114

GeForce GT610 use: GF108

as well as various other things, for example
the memory, one uses DDR3 and the other DDR5..etc ...

I will not talk much, not before
analyze some source code from Apple.
  • Like 1

GPU is diferent, this is the point here.

GeForce 560TI use:   GF114

GeForce GT610 use: GF108

as well as various other things, for example
the memory, one uses DDR3 and the other DDR5..etc ...

I will not talk much, not before
analyze some source code from Apple.

Good Luck (y)

TI are better than the GT and GTX are also better than the GT but it also depends on the card model. another important thing to consider before ruling out the card as it doesn't work or is not compatible is to make sure everything is done correctly, there was many changes in sierra and many cards that work in El Capitan didn't work in sierra and it wasn't that the card wasn't compatible. the reason why the card didn't work in sierra was due to the changes in the os, bootloader , flags , etc, just make sure to use the latest version of clover, there many different configurations depending if you are using Legacy Mode or EUFI mode but i will start by trying the new nvidia web parameter setting in clover , you don't have to enter that parameter manually anymore in the config file, simply go to parameters in clover configurator and the new setting is there, just click on it. also make sure to uncheck nvda_drv=1 that flag is no longer need it on sierra , well at least on my system but for what i know is general for everybody running sierra. so try with that option if that doesn't work then use the inject option. also if you are using EUFI try with emuvariable if your board don't have NVRAM support and without emuvariable if your board has support NVRAM support. i'm sure if the card works in EC it has to work on sierra many people has problem trying to get their card to work on sierra and the card are fully compatible, the problem is just the changes now the person has to figure out the new configuration.

no offense but they make people take a test just to be a member, so i know that DDR is for RAM and GDDR is for graphic card

so what a 210 uses? i don't know i still don't get it , how can someone say that a 610 don't work and an 210 does work, if i remember correctly they are both fermi , the 210 was 64 bit GDDR3. 1 or 2 GB depending on the card, like a said before if i remember correctly. i wish someone that really knows how to make things works can set the record straight or i wish i have a 610 here so i can test it myself because i do not believe that a 210 works in sierra and a 610 don't, maybe if viruskn buys a 210 then he will find out if the problem was the card or not. because if the 210 don't work for him either then it was never the card and it was a configuration problem. another thing is that some cards are supported natively and they are easier to setup because the user don't have to do anything for the card to work or to be recognized. i wish you find the answer to your question and you get your system working viruskn, good luck to you man 

ok now i that i'm more relax and i have time. i read your post again, have you tried changing your smbios just to test, it doesn't mean to change your smbios for ever unless is absolutely necessary but i will try something like mac pro bios 6.1 but before you reboot make sure you run AGDPfix that is the fix for black screen problem, if you really want to run a quick test then don't change your bios, when you get the black screen simply press CAP LOCK key on the keyboard if the light turn on then your problem i just the black screen problem and all you need to do is patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext, also if you get the black screen problem and the CAP LOCK light turn on, you can try another connection in the card. let's say you are using VGA then use DVI or HDMI sometimes that fixes the black screen problem until you patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext. so the first time i saw your post i forgot the part about the black screen. that cards has to work in sierra. i can't believe they are telling you to buy an older weaker card, when all you need is good advice. try that i will keep coming to see your results.

Thanks for the reply , Well the CAP LOCK light turn on perfectly and i trie VGA , DVI , and HDMI , but no display , it's like the card is there but it's not sending anything to the Monitor , i'll the try AGDPfix and give u an update

When i boot why my normal configuration : the System reboot 

When i boot with nvda_drv=1 i get Black Screen with CAP Lock Working

when i boot with nv_disable=1 it boots normaly but with nv acceleration 

(the same thing after the Patch , DVI , VGA , HDMI not working )

@ iamtheonlyone4ever

Only for clarification
I and Mirone and all the other users have tested the GT610. Many trials (AGDPfix, various Clover and DSDT settings, Rollback, Webdriver, and and and ...) from DP1 to 10.12.1 DP Beta3.
GT610 does not work with Sierra. Try them yourself! Good luck.

No one is forced to buy the GT210! I bought this older card because it is here just a test PC for new systems.
For a main system, a newer graphics card is, of course, better.
Have only said that the GT210 works with Sierra.
  • Like 1

@ iamtheonlyone4ever

Only for clarification
I and Mirone and all the other users have tested the GT610. Many trials (AGDPfix, various Clover and DSDT settings, Rollback, Webdriver, and and and ...) from DP1 to 10.12.1 DP Beta3.
GT610 does not work with Sierra. Try them yourself! Good luck.

No one is forced to buy the GT210! I bought this older card because it is here just a test PC for new systems.
For a main system, a newer graphics card is, of course, better.
Have only said that the GT210 works with Sierra.

I know thanks bro , I'll go for GTX 770 for the main pc , and a GT 210 for the testing PC 

Thnaks You for the topic , and i used the mac pro 6.1 and the AGDPfix . and juste to keep u updated , i had 10.11.4 installed , and when i updated to 10.11.6 from the app store , i got Black screen , because the Smbios was on mac pro 6.1 , so i changed it to Imac 14.1 , and everything went cool again , but this tric don't work for Sierra , i have tried a lot of things and i would appreciate the GT 610 on sierra , i'm building another PC now juste To use sierra and other Next OS . 

is always good to be future proof, i spent 5,000 on my hackintosh just on the tower alone, i'm not rich i'm not poor either i'm middle class. but at least i have a few years of mac os unless apple changes to ARM, well that is a nightmare and i joke but many people fear it might come a reality one day, yes sometimes we have to twist things around and what it work for me it might not work for you and what might work for you it might not work for me but you did good. testing one smbios then another to find out what is compatible for you system. i wish you the best of luck. maybe one day you find what the problem was. good luck 

Thank you , Good luck for u 2 , and let's hope not okay ; lol 

no offense but they make people take a test just to be a member, so i know that DDR is for RAM and GDDR is for graphic card

Seriously? It was just a typo, don't worry I am not offended with this because this doesn't change things here,

but I hope that you will not be offended with me how you got offended with the @joe75.

so what a 210 uses? i don't know i still don't get it , how can someone say that a 610 don't work and an 210 does work, if i remember correctly they are both fermi , the 210 was 64 bit GDDR3. 1 or 2 GB depending on the card, like a said before if i remember correctly. i wish someone that really knows how to make things works can set the record straight or i wish i have a 610 here so i can test it myself because i do not believe that a 210 works in sierra and a 610 don't, maybe if viruskn buys a 210 then he will find out if the problem was the card or not. because if the 210 don't work for him either then it was never the card and it was a configuration problem. another thing is that some cards are supported natively and they are easier to setup because the user don't have to do anything for the card to work or to be recognized. i wish you find the answer to your question and you get your system working viruskn, good luck to you man 

The cards use Kexts different from nVidia 

for this reason the GeForce 210 is working, and GeForce 610 no. 
I will explain it better, although you do not have a GeForce 210 I have a 
GeForce 8400 GS 512MB "GDDR3", and works in Sierra 

this graphic card uses the following Kexts: 
NVDANV50HalTesla.kext, NVDANV50HalTesla.kext, GeForceTesla.kext.

While the GeForce 610 uses the following Kexts: NVDAGF100Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext, NVDAStartup.kext,GeForce.kext. 

The kext Geforce.kext that is the framebuffer, had significant changes of 10.11.6 
to 10.12, so much so that if you delete the kext Geforce.kext your system loads normally without having to use the flag: nv_disable=1

so, it is not only a question of settings of clover or SMBIOS will in addition, for this reason it is necessary to wait and look for the source codes, making comparisons and understanding of truth changes. 
  • Like 2

Seriously? It was just a typo, don't worry I am not offended with this because this doesn't change things here,

but I hope that you will not be offended with me how you got offended with the @joe75.

The cards use Kexts different from nVidia 

for this reason the GeForce 210 is working, and GeForce 610 no. 
I will explain it better, although you do not have a GeForce 210 I have a 
GeForce 8400 GS 512MB "GDDR3", and works in Sierra 

this graphic card uses the following Kexts: 
NVDANV50HalTesla.kext, NVDANV50HalTesla.kext, GeForceTesla.kext.

While the GeForce 610 uses the following Kexts: NVDAGF100Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext, NVDAStartup.kext,GeForce.kext. 

The kext Geforce.kext that is the framebuffer, had significant changes of 10.11.6 
to 10.12, so much so that if you delete the kext Geforce.kext your system loads normally without having to use the flag: nv_disable=1

so, it is not only a question of settings of clover or SMBIOS will in addition, for this reason it is necessary to wait and look for the source codes, making comparisons and understanding of truth changes. 

well that's something , here is the problem , thanks for the effort and People now should concentrate in it , i can't do it the full time because i'm a civil engineer so it's hard for me to think about two different topics , i appreciate The effort , Gracias 

I know thanks bro , I'll go for GTX 770 for the main pc , and a GT 210 for the testing PC

I have a similar problem with my gtx 770 and 11.6. Never had a problem before 11.6. Is there a compatibity list?

Thanks

• Like 1