Can ANY key be remapped with Input Remapper?

davidw

4 posts in this topic

I have a Danish keyboard on a MacBook and running WinXP via BootCamp vers. 1.1.1.

WinXP is using the Danish keyboard layout. Apple has not developed any speciel keyboard layout for Danish.

The "backslash" character is missing in the built-in MacBook keyboard.

So the only way I can get it, is either changing the keyboard layout from Danish to US-English, or using the Windows "Character Map" application.

On the Danish keyboard in OSX, slash key (/) is the shift-7. Backslash in OSX is shift-alt-7.

In Windows, when I change to US-keyboard layout, the key to the right of the left-shift key is slash and the key to the left of the returnkey (lower row) is backslash.

Is it possible to remap via Input Remapper, so that I get backslash on any key of my choosing in the Danish keyboard layout?

Regards, David

I have a Danish keyboard on a MacBook and running WinXP via BootCamp vers. 1.1.1.

WinXP is using the Danish keyboard layout. Apple has not developed any speciel keyboard layout for Danish.

The "backslash" character is missing in the built-in MacBook keyboard.

So the only way I can get it, is either changing the keyboard layout from Danish to US-English, or using the Windows "Character Map" application.

On the Danish keyboard in OSX, slash key (/) is the shift-7. Backslash in OSX is shift-alt-7.

In Windows, when I change to US-keyboard layout, the key to the right of the left-shift key is slash and the key to the left of the returnkey (lower row) is backslash.

Is it possible to remap via Input Remapper, so that I get backslash on any key of my choosing in the Danish keyboard layout?

Regards, David

It is possible to remap any key in Input Remapper, but you cannot create characters that aren't already in the keyboard layout in a way that is compatible with all programs.

However in the Danish keyboard layout in Windows '\' is accessed by pressing AltGr+"The key to the right of the left shift key". By default Input Remapper will map the right Apple Key to AltGr. So it should be available with RightApple+"The key to the right of the left shift key". The same with:

AltGr+7 = {

AltGr+8 = [

AltGr+9 = ]

AltGr+0 = }

AltGr+"Key to the left of backspace" = |

AltGr+3 = @

AltGr+4 = Pound

AltGr+5 = Dollar

AltGr+6 = Euro

AltGr+m = µ

Hi Beliyaal,

Today I tested the latest beta version and the Danish keyboard in the MacBook. Everything seems to work fine! Backslash and the whole lot! Thanks!

The only issue, was after I uninstalled the Apple keyboard drivers (I did that first, before installing your software) according to your instructions and after installing your software and rebooted, the mouse cursor was a square box. I rebooted again I havn't seen the square box since. Also... after I unistalled the Apple keyboard drivers, I wanted to open the process viewer via fn-control-alt-delete, but this shortcut could not be used, since I had already uninstalled the Apple keyboard drivers according to your instructions for the uninstall. But I just found the real process viewer and opened that to kill the process that you advised to kill. After installation of your software and reboot, fn-control-alt-delete worked again.

Regards, David