Jump to content
tluck

[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover

1,040 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Well to start, my x1 carbon 4th gen runs with the same EFI folder from T460 but x1 carbon's performance lags especially when accessing Apps. I could clone my T460 SSD and run it on my x1 and apply the necessary patches there once I finish copying the partitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
On 1/3/2019 at 7:52 PM, nijhawank said:

 

My backlight adjustment is working but not all brightness levels are present before the sleep (just between 70 - 100%). After the sleep cycle, all brightness levels are present.

 

From the WEG documentation...

  • igfxcflbklt=1 boot argument (and enable-cfl-backlight-fix property) to enable CFL backlight patch
  • applbkl=0 boot argument to disable AppleBacklight.kext patches for IGPU

Isn't the boot flag (igfxcflbklt and related property in config.plist) only for Coffylake? T460 is Skylake and I assume that applbkl=0 boot entry controls for everything other than coffylake and I assume that by default WEG applies the backlight patches and applblk=0 is only needed to disable backlight patches?

 

Is the understanding correct?

Hello,

I don't have any brightness controls under 10.13.6, do you know how to fix it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aleixsr said:

Hello,

I don't have any brightness controls under 10.13.6, do you know how to fix it ?

 

I never tried 10.13.6 (directly Mojave) but I guess that should not make any difference.

Assuming standard knowledge of doing things in hackintosh...

Use the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen (put in /Library/Extensions). Take SSDT-PNLF.aml (put in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) from Rahabman's AppleBacklightFixup package.

Your DSDT must not have any brightness fix. 

If you have coffelake cpu, then use the config parameters in clover config.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the more recent Whatevergreen replaces AppleBacklightInjector.

- you need to make sure the _UID in SSDT-PNLF.aml is set to 16 (0x10) vs 10 (0xA)

- remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext

- remove levels patch in config.plist  - so it wont change level range for 0-1000

Edited by tluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well to start, my x1 carbon 4th gen runs with the same EFI folder from T460 but x1 carbon's performance lags especially when accessing Apps. I could clone my T460 SSD and run it on my x1 and apply the necessary patches there once I finish copying the partitions. -------------Edit.  

Forgot to add that my x1 carbon is running but with no audio. I used the same clover files from my T460. I recompiled the screen brightness kext and that's working fine. Where's the repo with the files you're talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blaggah this thread guide refers to this file repo: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover

 

- cloning your macOS HD is a great approach. i just did that very thing for my 2 systems to get them in sync.

each system has is own folder for their specific config files, ACPI, kexts - CLOVER/OEM/<board_id>/... 

 

- so everything works on the X1 but the audio? what is the audio codec? AppleALC supports so many codecs now but the config.plist file may be setting an invalid layout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tluck said:

the more recent Whatevergreen replaces AppleBacklightInjector.   Ok, I updated Whatevergreen v1.2.6 and Lilu v1.3.1

- you need to make sure the _UID in SSDT-PNLF.aml is set to 16 (0x10) vs 10 (0xA) .  I used your zip file that is OK, nothing changed

- remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext . Done in /Library/Extensions and in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

- remove levels patch in config.plist  - so it wont change level range for 0-1000 I don't know how to do it

 

Hi, I marked in bold what I did to make brightness control work, thank you very much.

 

Now my issue is that when I try to sleep computer it reboots, do you know what can I check?

 

Thank you.

Edited by aleixsr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry. i just updated the zip (now) to have the latest files. so maybe you should pull it down again. 

 

@blaggah - is your audio CX11852 - (lhttps://www.cnet.com/products/thinkpad-x1-carbon-4th-generation/)

not sure AppleALC support this codec, but you can use the general VoodooHDA to get audio.

 

Edited by tluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tluck said:

@Blaggah this thread guide refers to this file repo: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover

 

- cloning your macOS HD is a great approach. i just did that very thing for my 2 systems to get them in sync.

each system has is own folder for their specific config files, ACPI, kexts - CLOVER/OEM/<board_id>/... 

 

- so everything works on the X1 but the audio? what is the audio codec? AppleALC supports so many codecs now but the config.plist file may be setting an invalid layout.

Thanks tluck, i took your advice and i managed to run patched the dsdt on my x1 and i deleted all the other ssdt in patched folder. I don't know what codec it is, but im assuming it's the same for the T470. Because it uses the same layout id as my x1 carbon 4th gen. Now the lappy doesn't seem to lag.. Now my audio is working but screen brightness doesn't seem to be working anymore. I only have DSDT.aml in patched folder now.. Do i need the PLNF ssdt in there as well?  Because it was working prior to removing the files and patched dsdt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tluck I did just that and now i have screen brightness working again and my X1 Carbon doesn't feel sluggish at all.  I'm so glad i got this thing working.  Thank you for all the help m8.. One quick question though, the x1 has a password where it needs to be typed on cold boot, i tried disabling it but it doesn't work. 

----------Edited.. I downloaded the latest kext from Rehabman and it's working properly now.  I must say that my X1 Carbon is now a success.. Thanks guys..

Edited by Blaggah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aleixsr said:

Hello,

using High Sierra I got a reboot when I try to enter sleep mode, what can I check?

 

Thank you.

 

Huge thanks for the guide first of all. It allowed me to have a fully working install of Sierra on my T460s. 

I upgraded to High Sierra then Mojave which both mostly worked. Right now I'm dealing with the same issues as quoted - sleep and shutdown just reboot the machine. I also have an issue with the trackpad - if I track my finger slowly across the trackpad it works ok. But quicker movements aren't recognized. So, swiping quickly across the trackpad to get from one side of the screen to the other only move the cursor a small bit.

Also for some reason bluetooth isn't recognized. Wifi is.  

 

All the above issues weren't issues in Sierra. Just in High Sierra and Mojave

 

*EDIT*

Tried Clover 4844 and 4849, tried with release 01.17.2019 and 10.12.2018, tried 4 different USB drives, used ACPI files from my laptop/BIOS and the ones included in the releases

 

 

Edited by osmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, osmac said:

 

Huge thanks for the guide first of all. It allowed me to have a fully working install of Sierra on my T460s. 

I upgraded to High Sierra then Mojave which both mostly worked. Right now I'm dealing with the same issues as quoted - sleep and shutdown just reboot the machine. I also have an issue with the trackpad - if I track my finger slowly across the trackpad it works ok. But quicker movements aren't recognized. So, swiping quickly across the trackpad to get from one side of the screen to the other only move the cursor a small bit.

Also for some reason bluetooth isn't recognized. Wifi is.  

 

All the above issues weren't issues in Sierra. Just in High Sierra and Mojave

 

*EDIT*

Tried Clover 4844 and 4849, tried with release 01.17.2019 and 10.12.2018, tried 4 different USB drives, used ACPI files from my laptop/BIOS and the ones included in the releases

 

 

 

Hello, 

bluetooth is working ok for me (i'm using High Sierra), you can't see your bluetooth device?

Did you upgraded High Sierra to Mojave using App Store and using same EFI folder? 

On 1/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, Blaggah said:

@tluck I did just that and now i have screen brightness working again and my X1 Carbon doesn't feel sluggish at all.  I'm so glad i got this thing working.  Thank you for all the help m8.. One quick question though, the x1 has a password where it needs to be typed on cold boot, i tried disabling it but it doesn't work. 

----------Edited.. I downloaded the latest kext from Rehabman and it's working properly now.  I must say that my X1 Carbon is now a success.. Thanks guys..

 

@Blaggah can you please share your EFI folder? I've a friend with X1 Carbon also. Thank you.

Edited by aleixsr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aleixsr said:

 

Hello, 

bluetooth is working ok for me (i'm using High Sierra), you can't see your bluetooth device?

Did you upgraded High Sierra to Mojave using App Store and using same EFI folder? 

 

 

Tried with same EFI folder that I used with Sierra, and using the folder from a fresh install. There's no bluetooth option in System Preferences or in Network. It's strange since it worked fine in Sierra. If I use Time Machine to go back to Sierra everything is perfect. Honestly I only upgraded so I could get the latest version of Xcode. I'm not a dev but I'd like to be one day

 

I could attach whatever files anyone would need that might help me narrow down the issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry i can't be of more help on T460 upgrades.

 

reboot on sleep could a problem with USB? but looking in the system log may help understand what is not right?

 

i cant recall if there is a need to patch to allow more than 15 usb ports or not. 

if so, they are not in the config for High Sierra or Mojave - same for any BRCM patches. 

 

Maybe if someone has a working T460 on HS or Mojave they can share their EFI and I will retrofit the patches to the repo.

 

@osmac - what is your BT device? meaning do you have a replacement Broadcom for example?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 3:39 AM, aleixsr said:
 
@Blaggah can you please share your EFI folder? I've a friend with X1 Carbon also. Thank you.


I'll send you the EFI folder sometime this weekend. I'm out of town and don't have my X1 Carbon with me. It's 99% stable, just have issues with battery indication not syncing properly sometimes. Other than that, it's rock solid.
@aleixsr here's the clover from my x1 carbon.. I only have the DSDT and plnf.ssdt inside patched folder as they are the only ones i need for my machine. if you friend's x1 is the same as mine, he could use the same dsdt or else i'd recommend patching one himself for his machine..

 



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X1 Carbon 4thGen CLOVER.zip

Edited by Blaggah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 8:26 PM, tluck said:

sorry i can't be of more help on T460 upgrades.

 

reboot on sleep could a problem with USB? but looking in the system log may help understand what is not right?

 

i cant recall if there is a need to patch to allow more than 15 usb ports or not. 

if so, they are not in the config for High Sierra or Mojave - same for any BRCM patches. 

 

Maybe if someone has a working T460 on HS or Mojave they can share their EFI and I will retrofit the patches to the repo.

 

@osmac - what is your BT device? meaning do you have a replacement Broadcom for example?

 

Hello here it is:

- EFI folder

- backtrace.log kernel panic when trying to sleep

 

Thank you!

EFI.zip

backtrace.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aleixsr

 

darn. thought i did this already - but i just cleaned up the clean/wake scripts to remove the kextunload - this is not needed.

 

in fact you can decide if you need to totally remove the /etc/rc.sleep /etc/rc.wake scripts.

 

but for now just remove the kextunload/kextload lines in these files: /etc/rc.sleep /etc/rc.wake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Been following this thread closely and managed to get my t470s system on 10.14.3 quite easily with the files from 1st post and a few edits for my system.

Items still having issue on

 

- battery percentage not reading correctly. Shows in menu bar ok but false read (0%)

- Screen brightness 

- backlight

 

Tried to do some patching myself but totally borked machine :) pays to do incremental back ups.

 

Attached problem reporting files - may I ask those in the know with more knowledge than myself to take a look an offer any advice / point in the right direction? t470s is a solid machine and believe only a bit of fine tuning is required.

 

debug_1146.zip

 

Many thanks

Edited by Dan_Marshall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 10:41 PM, tluck said:

@aleixsr

 

darn. thought i did this already - but i just cleaned up the clean/wake scripts to remove the kextunload - this is not needed.

 

in fact you can decide if you need to totally remove the /etc/rc.sleep /etc/rc.wake scripts.

 

but for now just remove the kextunload/kextload lines in these files: /etc/rc.sleep /etc/rc.wake

 

Yeah, it is now working fine!

 

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 5:00 AM, Blaggah said:

Thanks tluck, i took your advice and i managed to run patched the dsdt on my x1 and i deleted all the other ssdt in patched folder. I don't know what codec it is, but im assuming it's the same for the T470. Because it uses the same layout id as my x1 carbon 4th gen. Now the lappy doesn't seem to lag.. Now my audio is working but screen brightness doesn't seem to be working anymore. I only have DSDT.aml in patched folder now.. Do i need the PLNF ssdt in there as well?  Because it was working prior to removing the files and patched dsdt.

Hi Blaggah, I have a question for you but first: hats off to you tluck, for setting all of this up and persisting to help all us mortals without even having the hardware available anymore!

 

So, the question, Blaggah: I also have a X1C4 and have everything working quite nicely but in terms of audio all I have is speakers and headphone working proper. Microphone does not work, neither internally nor externally. Can you please confirm that your statement 'audio is working' also covers the microphone? I have tried the EFI you posted and with that, on my machine, audio only works for output.

 

Apart from the audio, everything is very smooth. The X1 is a very nice machine; I triple boot it from the NVMe SSD (MacOS, Win10, Ubuntu). The looks on people's faces...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DrDude said:

Hi Blaggah, I have a question for you but first: hats off to you tluck, for setting all of this up and persisting to help all us mortals without even having the hardware available anymore!

 

So, the question, Blaggah: I also have a X1C4 and have everything working quite nicely but in terms of audio all I have is speakers and headphone working proper. Microphone does not work, neither internally nor externally. Can you please confirm that your statement 'audio is working' also covers the microphone? I have tried the EFI you posted and with that, on my machine, audio only works for output.

 

Apart from the audio, everything is very smooth. The X1 is a very nice machine; I triple boot it from the NVMe SSD (MacOS, Win10, Ubuntu). The looks on people's faces...

 

I can confirm that on my T470, audio in, from built in mic, and from a USB headset work fine. I have done a number of internation WebEX meetings with zero issues. 

 

I am injecting 11, 

 

    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>11</integer>
        </dict>
 

Cheers,

Scott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks kolodzieski! Unfortunately us X1C4 owners have a very exotic audio chip, a CX20753/4, not a ALC3268 like in a T470. Only layout id 3 and 21 is supported, with 21 for some exotic LG laptop.

 

That said, I have made the most peculiar progress. I picked up my rusty programming skills and compiled AppleALC myself. As a starting point I have simply copied the layout 3 configuration files to another layout id (I picked 77) and added that to AppleALC and my config. I figured I'd fiddle with the copy to try to get the mic working. Surprise, surprise: it works without any fiddling. I wish I understood, but I totally don't. I have some learning to do ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By gengstapo
      @Hervé
       
      Im having similar issue with my HS setup, dell latitute 3480, i5-7200U
      Once the hdmi plugged in, the laptop display went blank, only could see the external tv
      But, when i put my laptop to sleep & wake up again, both screen got display (hdmi still connected)
      Even the hdmi could be plugged off & in (after sleep), the laptop display is fine
       
      What could be the culprit?
      Dell’s MacBook Pro IORegistry.zip
      config.plist.zip
    • By TomZanna
      Hi, I'm trying to install Mac Os Catalina on a HP 550-132NL.
      The system has:
      i7-6700
      RAM 12 GB
      GT 730
      LAN Realtek RTL8161
      ALC3863
       
      It passes the verbose phase but after the Apple logo goes away, it gets stuck on a grey screen and I can only move the pointer.
      Can I try to boot with the iGPU?
       
      origin.zip
      CLOVER_dGPU_USB_3.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      --Donations via PayPal--
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7
       
      --Original Topic--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6874-olarila-hackbook-lenovo-ideapad-s145-mojave-catalina-full-dsdt-patches/
       

       
      -Perfect HackBook, HDMI Audio/Video, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Sleep, Lid Sleep, Auto Sleep, Audio, etc!
      -Wifi card has been replaced with Dell DW1560!
      -I'm using a S145-15IWL Model with Intel Core i5 8265u / Intel UHD Graphics 620
      -Update bios/uefi to last version
       
      --Installation--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/5794-guide-install-macos-with-olarila-image-step-by-step-install-and-post-install-windows-or-mac/
       
      --Clover Folder--
      Just paste EFI folder inside EFI partition
      https://www.olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/Lenovo IdeaPad S145.zip
      Notebooks with ELAN trackpad use it with my folder above
      IdeaPad S145 ELAN.zip
       
      Bluetooth Broadcom
      Bluetooth Broadcom.zip
       
      CPUFriend for i5-8265U
      CPUFriend i5-8265U.zip
       
      --Full DSDT Patches--
      -My DSDT
      DSDT Lenovo IdeaPad S145.zip
       
      This DSDT work on S145-14IWL, S145-15IWL, V14-IWL, V15-IWL models
      -Patches
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 11 ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PRWs -_DSMs -PNLF -BRIGHTNESS KEYS -I2C -NATIVE USB -ARPT -GFX0 -DTGP -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -FULL RENAMED DEVICES   --IGPU Patch--
      Video solution with HDMI Audio and Video
      <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,GfxYTile</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> CQClPg== </data> <key>device-id</key> <data> pT4AAA== </data> <key>enable-hdmi20</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key> <data> AAAIAAIAAACYAAAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-con1-alldata</key> <data> AQEJAAAIAADHAQAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-con2-alldata</key> <data> AgYKAAAEAADHAQAA </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key> <data> AACQAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AAAwAQ== </data> <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key> <data> AAAAgA== </data> <key>hda-gfx</key> <string>onboard-1</string> <key>model</key> <string>Intel Corporation, Cannon Point-LP Iris Plus Graphics 655</string> </dict>   --Native USB Fix for Notebooks - No Injector/Kext Required--
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6878-guide-native-usb-fix-for-notebooks-no-injectorkext-required/
      https://www.olarila.com/topic/6181-guide-native-usb-fix-for-desktops-no-injectorkext-required-skylake/
       
       
      -ScreenShots

































      -Links
       
       
      Clover https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader
      AirportBrcmFixup.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
      AppleALC.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC
      Brcm Bluetooth https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM
      Lilu.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu
      SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext https://github.com/Goldfish64/SystemProfilerMemoryFixup
      VirtualSMC.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC
      VoodooI2C.kext https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C
      VoodooPS2Controller.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2
      WhateverGreen.kext https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen
      MaciASL - https://github.com/acidanthera/MaciASL
      acpica - https://github.com/acpica/acpica
      AptioMemoryFix.efi https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg
      ApfsDriverLoader.efi https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg
      HFSPlus.efi https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/blob/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi?raw=true
      Hackintool https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool
       
      -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
       
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
       
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By SniperBuddy
      Hello guys,
      I'm relatively new to the world of hackintosh.
      I'm trying to install the latest Mac OS - Catalina with the help of Opencore, however, this is the error that's displayed while booting from the USB:
       
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xd4V2wZ2fEsgRyfVcXlJHXMPGa85g2s3
       
      You can take a look at my config.plist file from here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/17FZpTcVp4RFSaxdm6yW4uELkt7MaLdmt/view?usp=sharing
       
      I'm using the Acer E575 G laptop with Kabylake (i5 7200u)
       
      Any help would be gladly appreciated!
       
       
       
       
    • By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

      ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/
       
      Catalina 10.15.3 - Windows 10
      What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) No problem so far ASUS HyperKit with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB  
      What is not working:
      -  
       
      Not tested:
      VideoProc says that Hardware Decoding\Encoding is fully supported and enabled on both HD 530 and RX 5700 but I didn't test it Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: Primary Display: Auto iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled RC6(Render Standby): Enabled DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: Intel SpeedStep: Enabled CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5098): Click here -> ASUS-Z170_catalina.zip  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:
       

       




       
       
       
      Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).
       
      IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Notes:
       
      2020.02.11: Updated to 10.15.3 -> No problem when/after installing
      2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload
       
×