tluck

[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover

1,043 posts in this topic

So on my desktop hackintosh the CMD key is the Windows key and the alt key is the alt key. I noticed that in this package that is switched.

How do I make it so that it is back to default? I am not sure which DSDT it is.

Thanks

Advertisement
On 6/17/2018 at 3:42 AM, cba3145 said:

So on my desktop hackintosh the CMD key is the Windows key and the alt key is the alt key. I noticed that in this package that is switched.

How do I make it so that it is back to default? I am not sure which DSDT it is.

Thanks

see Info.plist in VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents  - look for key "Swap command and option"

Edited by tluck

Thank you for this amazing guide!

I do have a T460. Followed step by step your guide but usually, after some random time both the trackpad and the 3 buttons stop working. However the trackpoint is still moving.

Working on getting a T470 running. 

Was able to install High Sierra and path to 10.13.6 using this guide and the base T460 setup. My T470 has an I5-6300u and Intel 520 graphics. 

A lot is working, and I am trying to build a new DSDT for my configuration. 

One issue before going on to the DSST issue, on shutdown, there seems to be a crash -- The sytem does shutdown and does not restart so it is basically OK. But when I restart I get "the system was restarted because of an error" and when I look at the report I get what is in the attachment. 

I dumped my DSDT from Clover, and first just tried to build with no patches, I get the error in the second attachment.

As a note, with the base T460 config. Function keys and Sleep are working. Graphics looks great. I think Battery is only 1 of the two batteries, and sound is not working. I wanted to get my own DSDT for my bios before tackling those issues. 

Many thanks. 

Scott

shutdown error.rtf

DSDT.T470

@tluck I have the t460 as well with same CPU but regular non hd screen. Everything is working for me aside from wifi because I've yet to change the card. My biggest issue is that the trackpad is sticky, it's not as fluid as it should be. How do I fix that issue? I'm tripple booted with windows 10, Sierra 10.12.6 and RemixOS. Trackpad works as it should in windows and Android. But in MacOs, it's very finicky. 

----------------------------

I fixed it, after some digging around and found the workaround a few post back about changing the integer from the trackpad value from 100 to 800 both places. However, I had to use another voodoops2 kext from my x1 carbon 4th edition then it worked nicely. The kexts from this bootpack was still flawed after the edits. 

Edited by Blaggah

@tluck it's ok bro. The voodoops2 kext from the last update bootpack doesn't seem to fix the stuttering even after the edits. Also how do I fix the screen brightness?

Ahhhh, I missed that. Let me give it a try now. 

-----------------

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Do I double click the createAppleBacklightInjector.command shell? It says it's supposed to send that kexts to the Other folder but it doesn't seem to output it there. 

Edited by Blaggah

Hello

I have done a clean install from High Sierra 10.13.6 on T460

I follow exactly your steps. I have several issues :

- the following instruction :

sudo diskutil corestorage revert /

doesn't work

- I have no sound at all

- trackpad is working strangely

- in Clover, there are several choices (prebooter). Is it normal?

- in Safari, sometimes it's a bit laggy when there are ads with video for instance

Thank you for your help and nice job tluck

Edited by Mat

Hi tluck, 

Using this a base for my i5-6300u T470 build. Things are going pretty well, thanks for all the information. 

One question. Your 3_Fn_keys.txt DSDT patch just adds notifications.

Your original DSTD before patching does not have a Device(PS2K) [neither does mine], but after patching it appears in your DSDT.dsl. Where does it come from? It is not in the 3_Fn_Keys.txt. 

My compile fails because I do not have the device. I am wondering how it got into your patched DSDT, but not in your original or patches?   

Cheers,

Scott.

Mr. Tluck,

I have an x270 that I recently got used from craigslist.

Do you think I can take your patches for the T470p that you have on your github and apply them to my x270?  Obviously I wouldn't use the nvidia patch.  I have a small error that my x270 reboots when sleeping for 30 to 60 minutes that I'm trying to solve.

Here's my link to tonymac, but none of the offered solutions have solved my issue.

Any other (besides nvidia) patches on your site that I should ignore or modify?

Are you in So Cal?  I'm in Orange County.

Thanks!!!

Edited by calimansi

I got it. Your script uses sed to do a substitution on PS2K. 

The patch failed for me because LPC needed to go to LPCB on my T470. 

Nice -- I now have Graphics, Sleep, Wifi, brightness, sound and function keys working perfectly o my T470. I need to figure out the KP on shutdown/reboot. It shows on the next restart, and I am getting tired of dismissing the dialog. Also have some funkyness on my battery0/battery1 --> batteryC patch not working perfectly.  

Hi @tluck -- I now have everything working great on my T470/i5-6300U. It required some DSDT changes and a few modified SSDT-* files from your base DSDT.T460 directory. I have a new DSDT.T470 directory with a README.md file. Are you still maintaining your git repo? If so I can send you my DDST.T470 directory for inclusion? 

Graphics, wifi, function keys, sleep, sound, battery notification and trackpad all work great. Thanks so much for this guide and your repo, they put me on the correct track. 

1 hour ago, kolodzieski said:

Hi @tluck -- I now have everything working great on my T470/i5-6300U. It required some DSDT changes and a few modified SSDT-* files from your base DSDT.T460 directory. I have a new DSDT.T470 directory with a README.md file. Are you still maintaining your git repo? If so I can send you my DDST.T470 directory for inclusion? 

Graphics, wifi, function keys, sleep, sound, battery notification and trackpad all work great. Thanks so much for this guide and your repo, they put me on the correct track. 

would be great if it's possible :-)

On 8/13/2018 at 12:00 PM, Blaggah said:

@tluck I have the t460 as well with same CPU but regular non hd screen. Everything is working for me aside from wifi because I've yet to change the card. My biggest issue is that the trackpad is sticky, it's not as fluid as it should be. How do I fix that issue? I'm tripple booted with windows 10, Sierra 10.12.6 and RemixOS. Trackpad works as it should in windows and Android. But in MacOs, it's very finicky. 

----------------------------

I fixed it, after some digging around and found the workaround a few post back about changing the integer from the trackpad value from 100 to 800 both places. However, I had to use another voodoops2 kext from my x1 carbon 4th edition then it worked nicely. The kexts from this bootpack was still flawed after the edits. 

@Blaggah Could you please share your voodoops2 kext from x1 carbon

Edited by verleihnix

17 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

Here are my changes plus a README-T470.md set of instructions. It could just be overlaid on a pull from @tluck 's  git repository

T470.zip

Thanks for that; I have the same T470 build with i5 6300u, hope this will work on my system. Did you manage to overcome kernel panic with report appearing after reboot?

On 8/20/2018 at 11:06 PM, kolodzieski said:

Here are my changes plus a README-T470.md set of instructions. It could just be overlaid on a pull from @tluck 's  git repository

T470.zip

DSDT files from this archive did not work on my machine (did not boot), despite having seemingly the same build (T470 with i5 6300u).

Everything seems to work OK with files and config from original tluck's repo, so I am satisfied with this so far.

Couple issues though:

- internal display stays enabled when I close the lid with attached external display (though it did get disabled just after macOS install, somehow this got broken later)

- can't change caps lock button behavior in keyboard settings, when I change it to ctrl, button seems to freeze in always activated state

- after waking from sleep fan starts to work on max speed

Anyone can comment how I can tackle those issues?

Edited by lisnake

ill add the T470 to the repo... its nice that the patching is pretty much the same between T460 and T470... just the extracted ACPI files that are different

On 8/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, tluck said:

ill add the T470 to the repo... its nice that the patching is pretty much the same between T460 and T470... just the extracted ACPI files that are different

Hello tluck. Thanks for maintaining this package.

I was lead here through your Broadcom PatchRAM driver package with changes of the timings to support USB BT on the Lenovo T460.

For me (and also others across the hackintosh forums), your kexts solved the glitch of no Bluetooth after wake from sleep after two or more wake-ups on battery with stock RehabMan kexts (for me most current v.2.2.10, 2018-05-06). I am running a swapped Lenovo FRU 04X6020 BCM94352Z NGFF M.2 in my Asus Vivobook Laptop.

The kexts on your releases page are very old (v1.4.1, 2015-02-08), so I compiled your latest 2.2.7c code from 2018-04-09 myself, and the resulting release built BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext work just fine.

I bet you are fully aware that they are based on old code - RehabMan 2.2.7 2016-07-05, thus compatibility will most likely become an issue sooner or later.

A few questions and requests to you, if I may:

1. Have you tried to apply your timing changes to RehabMan's latest code from 2018-05-06?

If so, did it result in the desired effects, or not?

2. Can you update your releases page with the latest working kext binaries, either 2.2.7c or 2.2.10, if you have compiled them and you have tested them to be working?

3. Can you document your modifications, best on github? Which file(s) did you modify, and with which modifications (find/ replace with, single or all occurrences)? Just 6 IOSleep value changes and 1 IOSleep addition in BrcmPatchRAM.cpp, or anything else?

With fork mod info on github, others can potentially carry on your work (it's always sad when knowledge dissipates into the nothingness of time)

Would be great to hear from you (I hope you are reading this).

Cheers,

Bugs

[EDIT]: attached my compile of your latest source from github

tluck-BrcmPatchRAM-2.2.7c_2018-04-09.rar

Edited by BuXb
attached my compile

Thanks tluck, with your clover I am now using MACOS 10.12.6 in T460(normal LCD, with 940mx graphic card)

But I can not disable the discrete card, I have tried many methods, such as RehabMan’s guide: diy the _INI and _OFF in DSDT.aml and SSDT-*.aml, placed them in ACPI/patched... I am confused that the DSDT.aml is already existed in ACPI/patched, how to add the gpu disable code ?

Edited by beatifullive

On 8/21/2018 at 4:06 AM, kolodzieski said:

T470.zip

how did u disable nvida?

I appreciate all your work.  I have had x220 and T420S working well for past few years, and have recently added a third Thinkpad X1 Carbon to my collection.

I have managed to install High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Thinkpad using your files, but I need advice how to proceed next.

My system is a Thinkpad X1 carbon 5th gen with following specs. I7-6600, Intel Graphics 520, 1920x1080 IPS, no touch, NVME

From what I can figure out, it is similar to a T560 or 570 machine.   I decided to start using your Clover files for T460 without any modifications.

I was unable to install Sierra because of issues with NVME.  So I went with High Sierra since it supports NVME natively.  I kept the original Windows install, and created a partition for the mackintosh APFS.   I installed Mac using your clover files without difficulties.   I am unable to mount the internal EFI using the bash command.  So I have not installed Clover  I get the following message.. “Unsupported sector size (0)”.  So I have not installed Clover on the internal NVME drivel.  I can boot with a USB drive.

Results so far..   I have Wifi ( switched out the network card.)  No Audio, No slider on display,  Trackpad freezes intermittently. So I am using external USB mouse.

I have not done anything about DSDT or SSDT patching so far.  I  am wondering whether I can use your patching files.  So I would like to get your advice about how to proceed next.

Attached is a set of debug files that might give you a better description of my system.  Thanks.

debug_31851.zip