[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck
1,307 posts in this topic

Here is my latest EFI for my i5-6300u based t470. 

It is totally based on the great t480 work of: Vojtěch Jungmann https://github.com/EETagent/T480-OpenCore-Hackintosh

This removes a number of binary patches from config.plist, does more in the SSTD. It has a unified sleep/wake patch, and a single BATX SSDT that does it all. I like this cleaner approach. Windows also boots fine through OpenCore, whish is at version 0.6.4. I have updated all the Kext files that I use. 

I wiped the private data (serial number, MLB, etc) from my config.plist. 

Also YogaSMC control panel works fine with this and give fan RPM and control. 

Enjoy!

efi-t470.zip

• Like 5

On 1/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, kolodzieski said:

Here is my latest EFI for my i5-6300u based t470. 

It is totally based on the great t480 work of: Vojtěch Jungmann https://github.com/EETagent/T480-OpenCore-Hackintosh

This removes a number of binary patches from config.plist, does more in the SSTD. It has a unified sleep/wake patch, and a single BATX SSDT that does it all. I like this cleaner approach. Windows also boots fine through OpenCore, whish is at version 0.6.4. I have updated all the Kext files that I use. 

I wiped the private data (serial number, MLB, etc) from my config.plist. 

Also YogaSMC control panel works fine with this and give fan RPM and control. 

Enjoy!

efi-t470.zip

Thank you!

• Allan unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Yesterday I updated to 11.5.2 very smoothly. 

Remarkably today, iMessage started working. It is really strange as I spent a lot of time trying to get it working like 8 months ago, and although everything checked out perfectly, it would not work. Don;t know the exact reason, but it just started working. 

I am including my config.plist (with serials removed), and my ACPI directory. The Kexts can be downloaded freely. 

This is all on the latest OpenCore 0.7.2. 

config.zip

Edited by kolodzieski
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, tluck said:

@myxored -

thanks for the report.

when i post a new zip (waiting for Sherlocks to fix gma.c - I will add 2nd non-SkyLake GFX config.plist option that one can select in Clover to boot from - good for the KP situation - installers or booting OS when the GraphicFramebuffer kext is not in cache. 

questions: 

WiFi:

there are no bios-whitelist issues. I use BCM94352Z DW-1560. I removed the standard intel card and dropped the Broadcom chip in its place. then with the kexts in the zip you are good to go.

rc fix - correct - the most recent version of clover has the same 80.nvram_save script v1.16.4

the rc.shutdown.d scripts are needed - either installed by recent Clover .pkg or by script in zip.

It is weird about BCM94352Z DW-1560...

On Amazon :

Note: This wireless card could not work on any IBM/Thinkpad/IBM or HP version laptop.

Have you any idea for that statement ? 

20 hours ago, dionnode said:

It is weird about BCM94352Z DW-1560...◊

On Amazon :

Note: This wireless card could not work on any IBM/Thinkpad/IBM or HP version laptop.

Have you any idea for that statement ? 

Well finally I resolved the WIFI problem on my Lenovo T470.

I thank a lot to  TheHackntoshProject for their great job:

I followed this guide on youtube, see this link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMBOsgpNfgp60O0TPX5Dnkg

On 8/24/2021 at 12:17 AM, kolodzieski said:

Yesterday I updated to 11.5.2 very smoothly. 

Remarkably today, iMessage started working. It is really strange as I spent a lot of time trying to get it working like 8 months ago, and although everything checked out perfectly, it would not work. Don;t know the exact reason, but it just started working. 

I am including my config.plist (with serials removed), and my ACPI directory. The Kexts can be downloaded freely. 

This is all on the latest OpenCore 0.7.2. 

config.zip 45.41 kB · 5 downloads

It is the good config, but it takes a lot of time to be ready to use, You have to wait for a couple minutes.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:01 AM, dionnode said:

It is the good config, but it takes a lot of time to be ready to use, You have to wait for a couple minutes.

It's better on Monterey than Big Sur for this config.