[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

1) Look at this post : https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/gaxyy0/replace_wifi_card_is_there_a_whitelist_on_t460/

2) Intel Wifi Cards on Thinkpad work well with this : https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone and a happy new year !

Does someone has trouble with continuity ?

I'm on OpenCore 0.6.4 and the latest release of Catalina. Continuity between an iPhone and the T460 is not working when it comes from the T460.

Exemple : opening a safari's page on iPhone works (I see it on the T460)

Airdrop from the T460 is KO (I don't see the iPhone, but iPhone sees the T460).

In config.list, extendbtflags is on and kext bt4lecontinuityfixup.kext has been removed.

Thank you !

hello dear experts,

I have an Lenovo L480.Is it possible to add suport for this laptop? I can offer full testing support if there is someone to guide me.

I have prepared 3 wifi cards:Dell DW1820A, DW1560A and Foxconn T77H649.00 Broadcom based wifi cards.

My laptop use Toshiba NVME ssd in WWAN slot.working perfectly in macos. Anyhow I cannot get fully working by myself...

Here is my latest EFI for my i5-6300u based t470. 

It is totally based on the great t480 work of: Vojtěch Jungmann https://github.com/EETagent/T480-OpenCore-Hackintosh

This removes a number of binary patches from config.plist, does more in the SSTD. It has a unified sleep/wake patch, and a single BATX SSDT that does it all. I like this cleaner approach. Windows also boots fine through OpenCore, whish is at version 0.6.4. I have updated all the Kext files that I use. 

I wiped the private data (serial number, MLB, etc) from my config.plist. 

Also YogaSMC control panel works fine with this and give fan RPM and control. 

Enjoy!

efi-t470.zip

• Like 6

On 1/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, kolodzieski said:

Here is my latest EFI for my i5-6300u based t470. 

It is totally based on the great t480 work of: Vojtěch Jungmann https://github.com/EETagent/T480-OpenCore-Hackintosh

This removes a number of binary patches from config.plist, does more in the SSTD. It has a unified sleep/wake patch, and a single BATX SSDT that does it all. I like this cleaner approach. Windows also boots fine through OpenCore, whish is at version 0.6.4. I have updated all the Kext files that I use. 

I wiped the private data (serial number, MLB, etc) from my config.plist. 

Also YogaSMC control panel works fine with this and give fan RPM and control. 

Enjoy!

efi-t470.zip

Thank you!

• 7 months later...

Yesterday I updated to 11.5.2 very smoothly. 

Remarkably today, iMessage started working. It is really strange as I spent a lot of time trying to get it working like 8 months ago, and although everything checked out perfectly, it would not work. Don;t know the exact reason, but it just started working. 

I am including my config.plist (with serials removed), and my ACPI directory. The Kexts can be downloaded freely. 

This is all on the latest OpenCore 0.7.2. 

config.zip

Edited by kolodzieski
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, tluck said:

@myxored -

thanks for the report.

when i post a new zip (waiting for Sherlocks to fix gma.c - I will add 2nd non-SkyLake GFX config.plist option that one can select in Clover to boot from - good for the KP situation - installers or booting OS when the GraphicFramebuffer kext is not in cache. 

questions: 

WiFi:

there are no bios-whitelist issues. I use BCM94352Z DW-1560. I removed the standard intel card and dropped the Broadcom chip in its place. then with the kexts in the zip you are good to go.

rc fix - correct - the most recent version of clover has the same 80.nvram_save script v1.16.4

the rc.shutdown.d scripts are needed - either installed by recent Clover .pkg or by script in zip.

It is weird about BCM94352Z DW-1560...

On Amazon :

Note: This wireless card could not work on any IBM/Thinkpad/IBM or HP version laptop.

Have you any idea for that statement ? 

20 hours ago, dionnode said:

It is weird about BCM94352Z DW-1560...◊

On Amazon :

Note: This wireless card could not work on any IBM/Thinkpad/IBM or HP version laptop.

Have you any idea for that statement ? 

Well finally I resolved the WIFI problem on my Lenovo T470.

I thank a lot to  TheHackntoshProject for their great job:

I followed this guide on youtube, see this link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMBOsgpNfgp60O0TPX5Dnkg

On 8/24/2021 at 12:17 AM, kolodzieski said:

Yesterday I updated to 11.5.2 very smoothly. 

Remarkably today, iMessage started working. It is really strange as I spent a lot of time trying to get it working like 8 months ago, and although everything checked out perfectly, it would not work. Don;t know the exact reason, but it just started working. 

I am including my config.plist (with serials removed), and my ACPI directory. The Kexts can be downloaded freely. 

This is all on the latest OpenCore 0.7.2. 

config.zip 45.41 kB · 5 downloads

It is the good config, but it takes a lot of time to be ready to use, You have to wait for a couple minutes.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For users of ThinkPads T460 (and older): I found a really elegant way of fixing IRQs which doesn't require any binary renames (like renming "WNTF" and "WXPF") and is super ACPI-compliant. I am using it on a T530, but since the T440/540 and T460/560 handles HPET in the same way it's compatible.

SSDT-IRQ_FIXES_THINK.dsl

Explanations: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/01_Adding_missing_Devices_and_enabling_Features/IRQ_and_Timer_Fix_(SSDT-HPET)/README.md#method-22-patching-with-ssdt-irq_fixes_think-if-hpaehpte-does-not-exist

• Like 1