tluck

[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

1,228 posts in this topic

Advertisement
4 hours ago, MSzturc said:

Updated my T460 to Catalina 10.15.5 Supplemental Update without any problems today. As everytime I published my actual EFI on GitHub it's based on OpenCore 0.59 final with updated kext.

new version voodoops2.kext can use print scr hotkey to disable trackpad :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dmpcoke
      Hi,

I followed the OC guide, and installed Catalina 10.15.5 on my PC.
      The installation went very well. Most parts also work well after I login to the desktop except the following
      issue:
      Each time I tried to log back into the desktop from sleep, I would get a black screen very shortly after I entered the desktop.
      And black screen will last from a few seconds to a few minutes, no exact lasting time.
      Keyboards and mouse are still working during black screen, I can see the operations after the monitor works again.

It connects LG monitor via DP port and I tried to modified the dp version between 1.2 and 1.4, got the same issue.

Attached my entire OC folder, I'm so appreciated if someone could help me check it out, or tell me which part I should focus on.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Here is my PC summary: Dell Optiplex 7060 MFF

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz; 8th Gen, Coffee Lake GPU Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 RAM Team Group 32 GB (2 × 16GB), 2400 MHz, DDR4 Chipset
      Intel 300 Series LPC (Q370) – A306 Audio Realtek ALC255/3234 (Codec ID: 0x10EC0255) Ethernet Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM WiFi/BT M.2 BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n Storage Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB USB Ports Type-C × 1,USB 3.0 × 5 Video Output DP × 2 Monitor LG 4K 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz
      BIOS v1.4.2 OC.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      -Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7
      -Donations with Bitcoin
      33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3
      -Donations with PicPay 
      @danielnmaldonado
      -Donation with Mercado Livre 
      https://tinyurl.com/y9evkj5u

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/re2c9sz

-Post Installation
      Paste EFI folder into EFI Partition in your SSD, reboot and extract one full dump with this app and post here!
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3
      RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

--DSDT PATCHES--
      DSDT.Gigabyte Z490-UD.zip
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, headkaze, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Sampath007, Facebook Hackintosh community, Facebook Olarila community, SchmockLord, daliansky and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By Lorkiyn
      Hey,

so I just can't get my trackpad working. I'm running Catalina with OC (v0.5.8 debug) on my Gigabyte Aero 15x9.
      I followed the OC vanilla laptop guide and created a GPI0 SSDT fitting to my device name but it didn't help. I have VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID in my kexts folder because the publisher of my trackpad is "Microsoft" accordingly to Windows.
      I have stumbled across the DSDT patches from VoodooI2C, but since you can't load your patched DSDT on OC I didn't know what to do with them.

According to VoodooI2C-HID satellite description you need a "PNP0C50" trackpad, which mine is.

I noticed that there are some messages during, boot from Voodoo-Something, after selecting boot device in OC. But these messages are not logged in any log file I can find. So I don't know what exactly they are saying.

Thank you in advance

EFI.zip
      opencore-2020-05-31-141607.txt
      Windows_device_manager.tar
    • By miliuco
      Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on Gigabyte P55-USB3 with Radeon RX 580 graphics card using a USB device created with the createinstallmedia command and Clover as bootloader. Instructions to install macOS 10.14 Mojave on this computer are almost identical, replacing Catalina app with Mojave, so this article is suitable for both versions of macOS. The Gigabyte P55-USB3 motherboard (and some others from the same brand with the P55 / H55 chipset) have made it easy to build a hackintosh and install macOS since 10 years ago. Although it is an old motherboard, the behavior with Mojave or Catalina is very good after changing the classic hard drive (HDD) for a solid state drive (SSD).

Components of the hackintosh
      Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 motherboard: P55 chipset, 1156 socket, ALC892 audio, Gigabit RTL8111D network, DDR3 RAM Intel Core i5-750 processor for socket 1156: 4 cores, 8MB cache, clock rate 2.66 GHz Fenvi FV-T919 wireless + Bluetooth card: PCI-Express, wifi is ac type, detected by macOS as Airport and Apple Bluetooth Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card: works OOB but with a few details to be considered, it has its own article.  
      Previous requirements
      Install macOS Catalina app in /Applications folder USB flash drive with at least 16GB prepared from Disk Utility with MBR partition scheme and formatted as Mac Os Plus (on older Gigabyte boards like mine, USB sticks partitioned with GUID scheme instead of MBR usually hang the system when booting) Recent version of Clover (I have used r5117) Recent versions of Lilu (at least 1.4.4) and WhateverGreen (at least 1.3.9) to fine-tune the behavior of the graphics card Recent version of RealtekRTL8111 (I have used 2.2.2) FaceSMC version 6.26-322 (newer versions disable automatic mounting of USB devices on my system).  
      Create install USB
      Run this command from Terminal (assuming the target device is called USB):
      Bash: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app
      Clover must be installed on the USB memory, I choose the following options:
      Bootloader > Install boot0af on the MBR CloverEFi > CloverEFI 64-bit SATA BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > Recommended drivers > FSInject + SMCHelper + XhciDxe BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > File System drivers > ApfsDriverLoader Install RC scripts on selected volume Optional RC scripts > Disable sleep proxy client.  
      You have to copy 4 kexts to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the USB device: FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2. Regarding the config.plist file, the most significant is:
      Boot > kext-dev-mode = 1 in Boot arguments GUI > Theme embedded, EmbeddedThemeType Dark, Screen Resolution 1920x1080, Preboot in Hide Volume Graphics > blank, nothing is checked except if foxbox solution is used to have more than 2 connectors enabled RT Variables > 0x28 in BooterConfig and 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig SMBios > iMac14,2 Sytem Parameters> Yes in Inject Kexts and check Inject System ID.  
      Install macOS Catalina

Boot from the USB device and choose Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina. The installation program runs until the PC restarts. Here choose Install macOS from HDD (the name of the volume you are installing macOS on). With RX 580 graphics card, the screen goes black in this second phase of the installation, it is a phase in which the user has nothing to do until the PC is restarted so you can let it work until the Clover menu again. You have to choose Boot macOS from HDDto boot the installed system from the hard disk, the screen is recovered and you can configure the account and the initial options. From this moment the screen works fine.

In summary:
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from HDD > black screen Boot from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from HDD > screen works fine.  
      Install Clover and kexts on the hard drive

Clover needs to be installed on the disk where we just installed macOS. Options are the same as when installing it on the USB memory. You also have to copy the 4 kexts (FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2) into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of the disk. And review the config.plist file remembering the comments for the USB.

If everything goes well, the computer starts from the hard disk with a running copy of macOS Catalina.

• By miliuco
      Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card on macOS High Sierra (as of 10.13.6), Mojave and Catalina on the P55-USB3 board: excellent performance with acceleration (Metal) OOB, no need for drivers (kexts), with 3 drawbacks, one has to do with the boot of the operating system (a solution is proposed), another with the number of rear connectors enabled (a solution is proposed) and another that only affects to one phase of the Mojave or Catalina installation (without clear solution for now).

I have placed the XFX AMD Radeon RX-580 P8DFD6 8GB Triple X Edition GDDR5, 256BIT, DVI + HDMI + 3DP graphics card on a 10 year old motherboard (Gigabyte P55-USB3) in order to update the hackintosh to 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina because the card that I have used in past years, Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 1GB, has stopped working after 10.13.6 High Sierra since this was the last version for which Nvidia published the alternate web drivers that were necessary for the card to work well with graphic acceleration.

The new RX 580 card needs considerably more space than the old one although it fits perfectly in an ATX case, and requires an additional power connector. It has 2 big fans that most of the time are stopped, at least in my case. In macOS it works perfectly, even with Metal acceleration, without additional drivers and without extra settings in Clover. But it has drawbacks that I comment below.

Alterations during startup

During the boot of the operating system, when the screen goes from the basic driver to the AMD driver, 2 artifacts appear randomly, they are very short in duration (from one to a few seconds):
      Very short flashing white screen that may or may not be accompanied by purple lines The fans runs for a few seconds (the noise is clearly audible). This behavior is solved with the installation of 2 kexts, Lilu and WhateverGreen. Lilu is an extension created by acidantheraand vit9696 among others whose function is to help to patch kexts, processes and libraries during macOS boot. It is accompanied by specific plugins for the task required, for example WhateverGreen that injects necessary patches for certain AMD, Intel and Nvidia graphics cards. It is mandatory to have both extensions together, one of them separately does not correct the problem.
      I have installed Lilu 1.4.4 and WhateverGreen 1.3.9 in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the EFI partition and artifacts have disappeared. Remember that these 2 extensions are not necessary for the card to work properly, if you tolerate those very brief distortions of the screen or the noise of the fans running for a few seconds, you can live without Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Note: authors recommend that when using Lilu and WhateverGreen with Radeon cards, NO graphic settings have to be added to Clover (Inject ATI, etc.).

Note: these alterations, especially the brief white screen and less frequently purple lines and fan noise, are also seen in Windows and some real Macs with the same card.

Alteration during macOS installation

Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from MacintoshHD > black screen
      Booting from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from MacintoshHD > screen works fine.

In the first and third stages, screen works fine. In the second stage the screen goes black although the installation continues. The user has nothing to do at this moment so you can leave the PC working until the Clover menu is shown again, the screen is recovered, the initial account options can be configured and you can enter into the newly installed system with correct resolution and acceleration.
      This behavior is not corrected even by placing Lilu and WhateverGreen into the USB device. At least in my case I have not found a solution for it. Yo can install macOS perfectly with that drawback of not seeing how it progresses during the second phase of the installation.

Only 2 connectors of the 5 available work

This card has 3 Display Port (DP) ports, 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. In my case, only 2 DP work, those that are further from the HDMI connector. It is enough if you use a single monitor or 2 monitors that can be connected by DP. But if you want to have 3 or more connected devices or some of them only have HDMI, it is necessary to enable the 5 connectors or at least 4 of them since the DVI is obsolete and does not allow resolutions as high as DP and HDMI.
      User foxbox has proposed a solution in a thread titled [Solved] Sapphire RX 580 Nitro + SE | black screen on HDMI and DVI. Must inject from Clover a modification to the Orinoco framebuffer (which is used in the RX 580 card) so that the 5 connectors lack a fixedly assigned address and, instead, receive it dynamically. This change is made from the KextsToPatch section of Clover. Read the post from foxbox.
      This has to be accompanied by 3 changes in the Graphics section of Clover: Orinoco in FB Name / Inject ATI / 5 in Video Ports. I have tested this solution in macOS Catalina and it effectively enables the 5 ports of the card but, since I only use 1 monitor, I have removed it and I am with Lilu and WhateverGreen.