Hi, I followed the rehabman guide (linked in the vanilla guide on the side of r/Hackintosh, not sure if I can link it) for laptops for my yoga 730ILW13 with an 8265u, Conexant 11870, 8gb of ram, 13.3" fhd and I found that upon booting the installer usb I get this weird issue where the screen displays what it should but the screen is incredibly dim (though it was off before using a flashlight on it) and it flashes every few seconds for a few milliseconds to the correct brightness, I used the plist for hd615-650 (including my 620), not quite sure what could be the culprit, first time hackintoshing a laptop so it might be a stupid brightness kext I forgot but didn't find any in that post or in this forum :c
Attached the clover zip so that anyone with more experience than me might give an idea in what could be a way to fix this.
Thank you in advance
Installing macOS Mojave on Lenovo ThinkPad L440
There are two version of this laptop:
- 20AS = Chipset QM87, without Express Card (mine).
- 20AT = Chipset HM86, with Express Card.
I strong believe is the same thing...
03/28/2019 15:01h GMT-0
- Added info about update 10.14.4.
03/13/2019 13:15h GMT-0
- Updated info about touchpad replacement and CPU and 4G LTE modem.
02/05/2019 18:47h GMT-0
- Updated info about CPU replacement and 4G LTE modem.
02/04/2019 15:24h GMT-0
- Sometimes the VoodooHDA.kext doesn't work.
- Added AppleHDADisabler.kext to fix that (attached bellow).
01/24/2019 14:42h GMT-0
- Added more adjustments to use of VoodooHDA.
- Updated VoodooHDA links to 2.9.1 official (without installer).
- Changed PCM volume from 90 to 180 in Info.plist (attached modified VoodooHDA.kext bellow)
- Updated SSDT-L440.aml (Removed HDEF and HDAU, not needed).
- Updated config.plist (Changed to user Audio layout to 1).
01/22/2019 20:47h GMT-0
- I gave up on the AppleALC.
- Headset does not work.
- Now with VoodooHDA is perfect and the sound even louder.
01/22/2019 14:37h GMT-0
- Added info about update 10.14.3.
01/22/2019 13:46h GMT-0
- Added link to BIOS reassing guide.
01/20/2019 11:49h GMT-0
- First version.
What works and what does not
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4300M -> Work. All SpeedStep stages.
- Video Card: Intel HD4600 -> Work. QE/CI and Metal.
- Chipset: Intel QM87 -> Work.
- Mini DisplayPort -> Work. But no audio, yet.
- VGA -> Not work. Normal.
- Audio: ALC292 -> Work.
- WiFi/Bluetooth: Intel AC 7260 -> Not work. Replaced with DW1560 (need whitelist removal).
- Ethernet: Intel I217-LM -> Work.
- Card Reader: Realtek RTS5227 -> Not work.
- Keyboard and Touchpad -> Work.
- Webcam -> Work.
- Fingerprint Reader -> Not work. Normal.
- USB3.0 -> Work.
- Sleep -> Work.
- Airdrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot and Continuity -> Work after replaced wireless.
- FullHD 1920x1080 display upgrade:
Replaced with AU Optronics B140HAN01.1 30pin eDP (B140HAN01.2 and B140HAN01.3 also compatible).
Apparently same screen as Dell Latitude E6440, E7440, Lenovo Ideapad U430 and E129.
- CPU upgrade:
Replaced the stock Intel Core i5 4300M 2.6Ghz (3.3Ghz turbo) 6M cache with Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4Ghz (3.4Ghz turbo) 6MB.
I initially had problems with overheating. The processor ran at full load above 90 degrees.
After using a quality thermal paste I can work between 70 and 80 degrees.
Acceptable taking into consideration that the new processor has 47TDP versus 37TDP which is recommended.
I also had no problem consuming the battery while charging. The original 65W source seems to have figured out.
- Touchpad upgrade:
Replaced the stock with T460 touchpad.
This is serious: you have to do it! It should be stock. Touchpad with precision and absurd quality!
Just do it!
- RAM upgrade:
No mistery here. Just upgade.
- Make DP audio work.
- Make Card Reader work.
- Upgrade CPU to i7-4712MQ (Ordered. It's on the way) Done, but received i7-4700MQ (47w TDP, with good paste I have no overheating)
- Replace touchpad with T460 model (Ordered. It's on the way) Done. Sensitivity and perception of quality much better. I recommend 100%!
- Sierra Gobi5000 4G LTE modem EM7355 (Ordered. It's on the way. I hope works. ) Done, but not work. Recognize but not connect. I already gave up...
- Upgrade to 16GB RAM Done
- Make touchpad appear in System Preferences
What you need to install
- Running install of macOS
- One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger
- macOS Mojave install app
- Clover EFI
- Clover Configurator
- Some KEXTs and SSDT patches
How create create the install flash drive
Prepare install flash drive
Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".
- Open Disk Utility.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
- Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Create install flash drive
Open terminal and run this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes.
Download the RehabMan's CloverEFI fork (used 4910) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":
- Install for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64
- UEFI Drivers - AptioMemoryFix-64
Make things works
Will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop.
- Replace the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with mine attached below
If you have modded BIOS with Advanced Menu and enabled 128MB DRAM-prealloc use 128MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
If no, then use 32MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
- Put SSDT-L440.aml attached below in /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Generate your Serial, MLB and SmUUID
- Open the replaced config.plist with Clover Configurator (used 18.104.22.168)
- Go to SMBIOS, click few times in "Generate New" in Serial Number and SmUUID.
Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the VirtualSMC.kext from here. I used version 1.0.2.
- Download the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from here. I used version 2018-1008.
- Download the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.5.
- Download the VoodooHDA from here. I used the version 2.9.1 and patched the sound volume (attached below).
- Download the WhateverGreen.kext from here. I used the version 1.2.7.
- Download the AppleBacklightFixup.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1013.
- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
- Download the ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1005.
- Download the FakeSMC.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0915. Replaced with VirtualSMC.kext due 10.14.4 issues on update.
- Download the AppleALC.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.4. Replaced with VoodooHDA.kext due mic not working.
Wifi and Bluetooth (DW1560 / BCM94352Z)
Unfortunately, some notebook manufacturers are currently blocking the replacement of wireless cards. They want you to only use the models sold by them. And of course, none of them from Lenovo for this notebook model is compatible with MacOS.
If you try to start with an unauthorized wifi card for them, you will receive a screen error:
1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card. Since this check is done directly in the BIOS, the only solution is to modify it.
But since nothing is easy in this life, there is one small big problem:
- The BIOS update procedure does not allow you to use modded files as it used to be.
- You will need to physically reach your BIOS on the motherboard and make use of a USB BIOS reader/writer.
So what you need to do:
1. Disassembly your laptop;
2. Dump your BIOS with an USB BIOS reader with SOIC8 clip (to not desolder from the motherboard);
3. Patch it (In addition to removing the whitelist, add the advanced menu);
4. Fix RSA signature;
5. Reflash BIOS;
6. Replace wireless card;
7. Remount your laptop;
Soon, I'll provide step by step in this process. Probably until end of this week.
In the meantime, if you need to, send me your dump that I do steps 3 and 4 for you.
I also add the Advanced Menu so you can increase to 128MB the DRAM-prealloc.
To fix a Modded BIOS to remove the 5 beeps on boot, you need this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337333-guide-fix-insyde-h2o-bios-signature-5-beeps-on-lenovo (traduzido: pt-BR)
After replaced the wireless card. Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.9.
- Download the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0505.
- Download the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.2.
Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).
UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation
My BIOS is the latest: 1.93 (J4ET93WW)
- Shutdown and insert the flash drive.
- Power on with F1 pressed to enter BIOS setup.
- Change value: Config - Intel(R) AMT - Intel(R) AMT Control to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Security Chip to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Intel(R) AT Module Activation to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Computrace to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Secure Boot to DISABLED
- Change value: Startup - UEFI/Legacy Boot to BOTH, Legacy First and CSM Support = Yes
- Save & Exit Setup (F10)
- Now, hold the F12
- In the list, select your flash drive.
The installer will start.
Format destination disk
Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "Macintosh".
- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
- Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Close Disk Utility.
Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
Follow instructions in screen.
After first part install the system will reboot. Maybe you have to press F12 again and select the flash drive.
The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.
When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.
After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.
Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.
Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.
Now you need to replace the config.plist inside your destination disk EFI parittion with config.plist inside flash card EFI partition.
The flash drive EFI partition is unmounted. Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 1.
Copy all Kexts from flash drive to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
sudo cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -i / Restart the system.
System update 10.14.3
- Updated with success;
- Everything works perfectly after reboot;
System update 10.14.4
- Updated Clover to 4910.
- Updated Lilu.kext to 1.3.5 and WhateverGreen to 1.2.7.
- After first reboot the update progress stoped with:
GTrace synchronization point 4 Unsupported CPU Unsupported PCH hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20 It was still possible to start the previous installation, selecting "Macintosh" as opposed to "macOS Install" in Clover.
So I created a flash drive with Clover 4910 and put only my config.xml, SSDT-L440.aml, the updated Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. And I decided to test VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC.kext.
With this I was able to install update 10.14.4. After installation I can boot normally, even with FakeSMC.kext that already in /Library/Extensions.
I do not know what exactly happened, but now works everything like was previously.
And last but not least
I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
@crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas, @Shiki and all others members involved directly or indirectly.
I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.3 on an ASUS N552VW laptop, and I get stuck after this message:
"could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating"
And some other warnings afterwards.
CPU: Intel Skylake 6700HQ 2.6GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR4
2TB HDD + 128GB SSD
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 + Nvidia GTX960m
I'm installing using a 16GB USB3 flash drive on one of HDD volumes (UEFI Mode)
I uploaded the verbose log and clover config.plist
Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771 Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install
First... If you need DSDT edits for SkyLake, KabyLake or CoffeeLake... -Post your full Clover folder with original tables in Origin folder(Extract with F4 in Clover boot screen) -Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=222606 -Run it, post files generated in your desktop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=222609 Installation --Create a bootable copy of macOS Sierra Check out the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/ --Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra Check out the link http://diskmakerx.com/ --Install Clover in USB stick https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/ --Replace with my Clover folder CLOVER.zip --Install Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system! Post Installation --Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder CLOVER.zip --Reboot and activate video! -Nvidia WebDriver Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/ -Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324195-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-high-sierra-update-10162017/ -Cuda http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302795-cuda-90214-is-out-update-10162017/ --DSDT My DSDT with Skylake patches DSDT.MaLd0n GA H110M-S2.zip Patches -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -USBX -PMCR -EC -PNLF -HDMI --FakeSMC https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek --Audio https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC --USB https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads --LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/ -Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders! Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others! We're all here to have fun and learn from each other! ENJOY!