iMac & Monitors

Perry44

11 posts in this topic

I have an iMac 17" and was wondering how to upgrade to a 20" or 23" monitor? Obviuosly it's possible, but how? I dont want to have to hide the imac and just display the monitor, but I dont have room to place both side by side? What are my options? Thanks alot.

buy a 20" or 24" iMac???

What exactly are you expecting to do? .... It's not like you can bust apart you iMac (voiding any warrantee or service buy Apple Inc.) and put on a bigger monitor. The cases are bigger, and for all you know, assembly has variations which can translate to non-interchangable parts let alone other problems....

it's really crazy idea..

but i think what in theory you can just disassemble you iMac and connect new screen........ .... .. somehow .. . ... .... ... .. ........ try to imagine how it will looks ........

better sell it and buy new...

You could sell it! buy a mac mini, (men't to bringing out faster one's soon, so wait a while) and a 20/23/30" screen,

Use a apple remote desktop for a pc, and use the imac as a kinda server!

Or use boo50 idea!

Any more idea's?

BaYlisS

I don't know how easy it would be to do it, even if you had a new case. I would just transfer the data to another computer that had the right size of monitor, and sell the iMac. It's just too much money to attempt that kind of mod. I think if it wasn't too difficult, we would see it more often.

Also, "what is a case?" It's the white plastic stuff that enloses the monitor and all of the internal parts.

I don't know how easy it would be to do it, even if you had a new case. I would just transfer the data to another computer that had the right size of monitor, and sell the iMac. It's just too much money to attempt that kind of mod. I think if it wasn't too difficult, we would see it more often.

Also, "what is a case?" It's the white plastic stuff that enloses the monitor and all of the internal parts.

Yes I should have said the "enclosure" but...

Thats just f***ing stupid basically, if you want a bigger monitor why did you get the 17" and if you really need one, just buy one and use Dual Displays (if your imac has a mini-dvi port)