pinarek

BCM4321 WiFi Mac Mini 3,1 early 2009 not work in unsupportet Macmini

13 posts in this topic

Someone has an idea how the WiFi BCM4321 in Mac mini 3.1 early 2009 may continue to use under Sierrra?

Thanks a patch, it is indeed possible to get Sierra run on were supporting not actually Apple Mac Mini 3.1 early 2009 to.

It also runs everything, except just the WiFi does not work anymore.

In El Capitan, it still works.

Someone has an idea .. thanks.

Advertisement

Would you mind explaining what you have done before. There is a very long thread regarding running Sierra on unsupported Macs, but the information regarding Macmini3,1 is scattered. I can try Wifi after that.

@barijaona..... I understand your question is not "what you have done so far"?

I Sierra DP7 installed on Mac mini3,1 early 2009, although not suppotrtet of Apple, it runs but. With the help of the Sierra patch from developer dosdude1.

Now I will not try that so too does the WiFi works. Is that so hard to understand ? And it's officially known, which is precisely the Broadcom chip BCM4321

no longer supportive of Sierra. And there are always ways to get around that.

Only it is apparently not yet been able to patch this problem, or just another combo card with Bluetooth and WiFi from another Mac mini support to build the Mac mini 3.1 a.

And if you are a total beginner and not at all intimated rather then .. nothing to write is just a friendly intentioned tip from me and I've been here over 10 years as a member.

@pinarek : I didn't intend to offend you.

If you followed the discussion on unsupported Macs from the beginning, you could have noticed that the Macmini3.1 was not supported in the earlier versions of dosdude1's tool. I tried to adapt the initial version, without success.

I see now that it is "officially" supported, so I will give it another try and I am eager to test some workarounds regarding Wifi.

I didn't expect people here to take the term “insanelymac” so literally…  :huh:

@barijoana...

where do you see now "officially supported"? it is not officially supported by Apple ... using only the Patches of dosdude1 allows Sierra on Macmini early2009 and earlier! also install.

This also applies to MacBooks and iMac's that were produced earlier than of 2009. Only thanks to the help of smart people like dosdude1 and Slice and many other capable people that is possible.

And if the problem with the Wi-Fi can be solved this Broadcomcard BCM4321, is still unclear.

And no, you have not offended me .. only if YOU had read times right from the beginning, because even with the Dev. Preview 1 has dosdude1 posted the patch and already
there it was possible Sierra, on the official "non supportet" machines to install.

And you have not yet managed to install Sierra? .. You have a Mac, where you want to install Sierra .. even a Mac mini 3.1 or another Mac?

im Have 4 OS on my SSD 480 GB... 2 x Windoof (win8.1 and Win10) and 2 x Mac OS (El Capitan and sierra DP7)

Here is a Screenshot from my DiskUtility from Sierra:

post-6397-0-42484700-1473210433_thumb.png

@barijoana...

where do you see now "officially supported"? it is not officially supported by Apple ... using only the Patches of dosdude1 allows Sierra on Macmini early2009 and earlier! also install.

(...)

And no, you have not offended me .. only if YOU had read times right from the beginning, because even with the Dev. Preview 1 has dosdude1 posted the patch and already
there it was possible Sierra, on the official "non supportet" machines to install.

And you have not yet managed to install Sierra? .. You have a Mac, where you want to install Sierra .. even a Mac mini 3.1 or another Mac?

I meant « "officially" » supported by dosdude1  ;)

Initially, Macmini3.1 was not tested with the patch (cf. here) and there were problems with USB and other things.

So I changed my long term plans : this Mac mini will remain under El Capitan Server and I am investing my time (and my money) in a Hackintosh.

But I will retest running Sierra with this Mac mini, on an external disk.

Hi Pinarek,

Did you try to patch IONetworkFamily.kext ?

You should try to use old one ( from a previous Osx version) or patch Sierra one.

See Ya

PippoX0

Sent from iPhone/iPad

barijoana... with USB have not problem is inside the Patch from dosdude1.

hello my friend pippox0... no i have not testet with another IONetworkFamily.kext from older version from El Capitan.

do you think there is any hint that this would work, how to get there on it, have you got out about?
I parrotgeek1 write much the MacRumors forum with dosdude1 and he called other, I think that 2 people have some good experience in
the matter and who think that it is currently not possible to solve the problem with the BCM4321.

I also tried to Please from El capitan the AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext in Sierra DP7, install goes on, but that is not loaded kext.
Well, you could just happens to be the IONetworkFamily.kext from EC then install, let's see what happens. Will I test this evening times, anything can
happen the original kext is indeed backed up and you can then re-activate yes, if it is not successful.

I hang times the Apple AirPortBrcm43224.kext with as an appendix to it.

Here god news for WiFi mac Mini 3,1:

AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext.zip

I just installed high Sierra on my MacBook Air 2009. it also has a Broadcom 4321 wifi board so I had the same issue, no wifi.

I stumbled upon this fix. real easy. drag the two files on you're desktop and run the kext utility. I got wifi working again.

downside is that sometime during boot I get a kernel panic. It then reboots again and everything works fine.

Here is the link were I found the files; https://sites.google.com/site/osxyosemitewififix/

Major update for all those with BCM94321 wifi cards - @parrotgeek1 and @dosdude have posted a solution that makes the card function normally in High Sierra and Mojave (tested in 10.13.6 & 10.14.3 on my Dell XPS M1530 :thumbsup_anim:).

Install the attached kexts into /S/L/E by running install.sh inside BCM4321fix folder...

cd ~/Downloads/BCM4321fix
./install.sh

et voila!

Spoiler

622755048_BCM94321onHiSierra.thumb.png.20dc3bf0beb1a42d1a26ca0513daee81.png

BCM4321fix.zip

On 3/7/2019 at 1:13 AM, fusion71au said:

Major update for all those with BCM94321 wifi cards - @parrotgeek1 and @dosdude have posted a solution that makes the card function normally in High Sierra and Mojave (tested in 10.13.6 & 10.14.3 on my Dell XPS M1530 :thumbsup_anim:).

Install the attached kexts into /S/L/E by running install.sh inside BCM4321fix folder...

cd ~/Downloads/BCM4321fix
./install.sh

et voila!

Reveal hidden contents

622755048_BCM94321onHiSierra.thumb.png.20dc3bf0beb1a42d1a26ca0513daee81.png

BCM4321fix.zip

THANK YOU old post I know, but this 100% got wireless working with BCM4321 on my hack.