NVMeP

46 posts in this topic

thumb-c14001222a34ac0e24dd0d670325e825-command_icon-1--dragged-.png

File Name: NVMeP

File Submitter: Micky1979

File Submitted: 01 Sep 2016

File Category: Patches

NVMeP

command line to patch IONVMeFamily.kext for non Apple pci nvme-ssd(s). Based on Pike R. Alpha patches at https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data/

Usage:

1)

cd /to/a/folder

2)

NVMeP -i "add internal icon fix".

or

NVMeP -a "leave Apple Class code" (default is 0108200 as per specification).

or

NVMeP -s [num] "try a specific patch":

0 for Sierra 10.12.1 and later ( .. until the binary is the same)

1 for Sierra DP4 and later (meant 10.12 GM since patches are the same)

2 for Sierra DP1/3

3 for El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)

4 for El Capitan 10.11.6 (Beta 4)

5 for El Capitan 10.11.5 (15F34) or 10.11.6 with Security Update (15G1004)

e.g. NVMeP -s 0

or

NVMeP -k "/path/to/IONVMEFamily.kext (/S/L/E/IONVMEFamily.kext by default)".

Easy ways w/o -s option:

NVMeP

or specifying the path to the kext if working from another partition:

NVMeP -i -k /User/Peter/Desktop/IONVMEFamily.kext

..will find a compatible patch (if any).

NVMeP -h "show help".

WARNING

NVMeP produces a new kext by copying the original IONVMEFamily.kext into "IONVMEFamilyBorg.kext" and also a configSample.plist containing patches for Clover:

Clover in case of partially patches applied, can cause the corruption of your disk, and anyway in both cases I'm not responsible for any kind of damages or loss of datas. This is a hack, so use only if you have a backup and if you are able to restore the System in case of failure.

IONVMEFamilyBorg.kext (generated by NVMeP "B" version) is based on RehabMan idea here. Datas from Pike's patch extracted by Mork vom Ork here

Source code: https://github.com/Micky1979/NVMeP released under " Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported" as per Pike R. Alpha will.

Click here to download this file

Advertisement

News

El Capitan 10.11.6 has a new update (Security Update). After that IONVMEFamily.kext will be different and old patches for 10.11.6 are no longer compatible: don't use the KextsToPatch!

Use the generated kext instead, NVMeP automatically discovered that latest IONVMEFamily.kext works with old patches that Pike R. Alpha made for 10.11.5. Yes, incredible, but read from this post on.

hi Micky1979

I tried to use you patch but it KP my machine, previosly I had PikerAlpha, patches manually entered in config.plist, i deleted, them ran your NVME tool, copied the patch over, restarted, KP.

1. Am i also supposed to copy over the data created by the NVME tool in the config.plist as well as the kext
  2. If so, what's the point, should i rather just continue using the manual patches made by Pikeralpha
  3. The KP maybe due to the fact i didn't enter the cpuid into the kext plist, I wasn't sure where to enter this, could you please spell this out for me
  4. thanks for your work, greta tool i'm sure when i can get it to work

TIA

Edited by Allan
Clean

1) the NVMeP's help, the README.md and what is already written in this Topic, clearly state that if you use the generated kext, you don't have to use the Clover's KextsToPatch.

I think that is easy.

ok thanks, then it crashes my sytem

Patches are the same and I've tested it with the Samsung 950Pro nvme (same as your as per your signature), so I wonder if you did something wrong?

• be sure you don't have any other patches in Clover for IONVMEFamily
  • be sure you have the original IONVMEFamily.kext in /S/L/E
  • be sure (just in the case) to not have the patched kext still prelinked, i.e. rebuild permissions and kexts and reboot.

A ioreg is appreciated to look at your class code, and pict of the kp too (otherwise how can I tell something??)

Patches are the same and I've tested it with the Samsung 950Pro nvme (same as your as per your signature), so I wonder if you did something wrong?

• be sure (just in the case) to not have the patched kext still prelinked, i.e. rebuild permissions and kexts and reboot.
A ioreg is appreciated to look at your class code, and pict of the kp too (otherwise how can I tell something??)

Thanks Micky1979, no other patches in Clover for IONVMEfamily, i just installed the Sierra Beta 7 so everything would be vanilla, and i rebuilt the permission and kexts usingKext Utility.

Not sure if the Crash screen is enough for you sorry

Here is my ioreg:

ekwipt Mac Pro.zip

post-91745-0-49808100-1473667171_thumb.jpeg

Thanks Micky1979, no other patches in Clover for IONVMEfamily, i just installed the Sierra Beta 7 so everything would be vanilla, and i rebuilt the permission and kexts usingKext Utility.

Not sure if the Crash screen is enough for you sorry

Here is my ioreg:

this is a not problem about NVMEp

this is a not problem about NVMEp

ok... whats the problem then

I do have other issues with the hack but when i use the patches directly in kext to patch in clover, i can see my NVMe drive and it is shown as internal

ok... whats the problem then

I do have other issues with the hack but when i use the patches directly in kext to patch in clover, i can see my NVMe drive and it is shown as internal

Not sure, but it says "PCI Configuration begin", try to add npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) under "Arguments". By chance, can you tryto install patched kext in SLE (repair permission + rebuild cache)?

Another guy has the same problem... He can boot if use "nv_disable=1" and or w/o "nvda_drv=1", can you test it? (I see you have the Web driver installed).

Just for couriosity..

Not sure, but it says "PCI Configuration begin", try to add npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) under "Arguments". By chance, can you tryto install patched kext in SLE (repair permission + rebuild cache)?

mike sorry , but npci 0xxxxx is obsolete argument, for me him have problem with video card ...but here now is OT , agree?

Another guy has the same problem... He can boot if use "nv_disable=1" and or w/o "nvda_drv=1", can you test it? (I see you have the Web driver installed).

Just for couriosity..

Just tried to install straight into s/L/Extensions and drumroll..

It works!

Also rebuilt cache and kets with Kext Utility!