441 posts in this topic

Good afternoon.

I copied VoodooHDA 2.8.9 within the kext 10.12 and other folder and not injected. Installed in S / L / E produces panic in Sierra PB7 and earlier. Also cause panic in El Capitan and Yosemite.

Deputy Error Report. Regards

Advertisement

You have to install also AppleHDADisabler.kext else panic because of Voodoo<->AppleHDA conflict.

I have installed AppleHDADisabler.kext because I was using 2.8.4 VoodooHDA working perfectly. I have ALC284.

Captura_de_pantalla_2016_09_01_a_las_22_subir foto

Panic in my Yosemite 10.10.5:

Captura_de_pantalla_2016_09_02_a_las_19_sube fotos

All this leads me to think that the sound hardware of my computer is not compatible with VoodooHDA 2.8.9, regardless of the version of Mac OS you use.
Greetings.

Panic in my Yosemite 10.10.5:

Captura_de_pantalla_2016_09_02_a_las_19_sube fotos

All this leads me to think that the sound hardware of my computer is not compatible with VoodooHDA 2.8.9, regardless of the version of Mac OS you use.

Greetings.

You Can Try this

Thats working for me on Mavericks / El Capitan / Sierra

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/517-voodoohda-289pkg/

Edit...

If you try option VoodooHDA 2.8.9 Clover UEFI & ESP

Sierra 10.12 you need on S/L/E Original AppleHDA =  No panic!

Some users claim that using VoodooHDA they hear loud bump at system start and sound in system comes with noise.

Although this can be repaired with existing drivers I propose a version that do this automatically.

It started silently and have very clear output. The file is compiled as 32/64 and works from 10.6 up to 10.12.

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.kext-289.zip

The sources is in my signature.

There is a VoodooHDA,prefPane compatible with Sierra

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.prefPane-289.zip

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2016-08-26 в 6.50.10.png

Thanks for the VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip it cleared my audio issue with 288 (whitenoise sound low volume), for some reason i can't use the preference pane?

Edit: Hiss is back after restart? Not sure what's happening now, is there a way to uninstall 288 and only use the VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip ???

Edit 2: got it working from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/517-voodoohda-289pkg/

Thanks to Slice and chris1111 amazing work guys!!!!

post-91745-0-13155600-1472913835_thumb.png

Thanks for the VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip it cleared my audio issue with 288 (whitenoise sound low volume), for some reason i can't use the preference pane?

Edit: Hiss is back after restart? Not sure what's happening now, is there a way to uninstall 288 and only use the VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip ???

I never thinked about.

You should find a way to erase old preferences to install new prefpanel.

I found some issues with the preference pane after restart the settings aren't "holding", i had to readjust options and volumes, for example Input Gain was boosted (which is why I was getting the hiss). Also the volume "knob" control could maybe be improved by having 1-10 printed around it, I wasn't sure where max volume was to go.

Anyway minor issues on amazing work, thank you very much and thanks for answering questions slice, much appreciated!

On Sierra Prefpane need to be instal on Library /PreferencePanes

and clic to VoodooHDA.prefPane to Install

hi Chris, the preference pane doesn't keep my preferences after reset, i have to click PCI device again and select headphone port, for example.

After that Input gain is turned up so i have to turn it down, otherwise i get a hiss..Not a massive problem, just a minor hinderance

Hello

All is perfect with Sierra GM and ALC 892 except the microphone. Siri doesn't recognize correctly  my voice.

Hello

All is perfect with Sierra GM and ALC 892 except the microphone. Siri doesn't recognize correctly  my voice.

VoodooHDA does not corrupt sound quality. Mic is working or no.

You can move volume or noise controllers to improve reliability.

VoodooHDA does not corrupt sound quality. Mic is working or no.

You can move volume or noise controllers to improve reliability.

Thanks a lot.

Voodoo is great. Since, I activated "Say Siri" with advanced control on Sierra GM 16A319, Siri recognize correctly my voice : USB Headphone set and Logitech C525 webcam.

there are fixes and preferences you can enable or edit within voodoohda's info.plist to conform to your needs in case it does not work out of the box, so to say.

Thanks

Has the issue with the hissing, sound crackling been fixed with VIA1708? While using 2.8.8 along with Skype and YouTube, I was getting hearing popping noise from time to time which got louder when using Microphone. I hope that this removes it, since I would like to go back to OS X but the sound issues are killing me.

@Slice -- I see you patched 2 nodes in the config.plist.  Could you explain them?  I have 3 nodes patched in order to get my Beats Audio to function (midrange and subwoofer speakers).  I see your codecs are different than mine.  Does that mean that 2.8.9 will work the same for me as 2.8.8?  Your kext works fine for me but I think I have more treble than I used to.  I'm still playing with it to see if I get any sound improvement.  Thanks for your reply.

@mnfesq , It would be great if you can you post your Info.plist  for Beats. I'm using your 2.8.8 plist in which you had patched Node16 and Node13 get multiple speakers on my system.