1. Derty

Derty

• Recently Browsing   1 member

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD

Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver and maintain it. 

With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last official version of kx audio driver and all the small commiunity updates, i am working to keep the driver compatible with the latest mac os versions and to improove the driver over time.

Supported cards are:

- most of the Sound Blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series (except for the cards not using the 10k1 architecture)
       - sound blaster pci 512 and pci 256
       - Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 zs series
       - E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip (like the EMU8852 aka 0404m, including the pcie version)
       - Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610 only) and the Audigy 4 pro
       - Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)
       - other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k1,10k2, 10k2.5 and CA10300 based cards)

The NOT supported cards includes (but are not limited to):

- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
       - Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
       - Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
       - Any sound blaster recon3D
       - Sound blaster Audigy FX
       - Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
       - Any sound blaster AE5/AE7/AE9 series
       - Any sound card without an emu sound chip
      - Any ISA Sound card

In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:

- cracking and stability fixes

- added a more proper support for the pci express Sound Blaster audigy rx SB0155 (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip) 

- more user-frienly names for the cards in the settings and other system menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)

- added support to sample rate changing and bit resolution change (the absolte worst supported quality is 7 khz at 8 bit dept while the absolute best is 192 khz at 32 bit depth)

- inputs support

- added boot args to manage the driver (more info on those soon)

What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:

- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,

- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out

If other developers would like to join and help they are free to do so, this is a free open source project afterall, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.

LINKS and downloads:
               -  github repo:                                               https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver   (kext download coming soon, since an update is coming)  

• By AbhilashSathe
      I'm currently using AppleALC inside /EFI/Clover/Kexts.
      Sound works fine through Laptop speakers. However, as soon as I connect my earphones, i start getting a continuous buzzing sound. Can anyone help me with this?

config.plist
      SSDTS_DSDT.zip

rough 
    • By LSP414
      Cannot figure out where to put custom ringtones on Catalina so I can select them in contacts. They are in the iTunes folder but are not recognized
    • By Diptamondal
      dell inspiron 5378 hackintosh wifi don't work 
    • By noisegate
      Hi,

I use AppleALC v1.3.5, I can see the device in system info but no sound. Any idea?

Thanks!