InsanelyMac Forum

Advertisement
Should work if there are several outputs with good configs.
Thanks Slice. The reason it plays audio in only two speakers instead of 5 because in windows you can do speaker fill which enables sound to all speaker. I am not sure if this option is available on mac.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Is there a way to limit HDMI audio to two channels instead of 8? The option is greyed out in Audio-Midi-Setup.

2 hours ago, CitizenK said:

Is there a way to limit HDMI audio to two channels instead of 8? The option is greyed out in Audio-Midi-Setup.

Try to disable extra nodes by Info.plist->NodesToPatch

What are the requirements for HDMI audio on High Sierra? First time using HDMI and can’t seem to get it working.

HDMI is present in system preferences. Connecting to TV and selecting HDMI as output doesn’t work. No sound at all. Video working perfectly though.

Do I need any specific DSDT or framebuffer patches? ig-platform-id?

On 02.04.2018 at 6:19 PM, Dr. Hurt said:

What are the requirements for HDMI audio on High Sierra? First time using HDMI and can’t seem to get it working.

HDMI is present in system preferences. Connecting to TV and selecting HDMI as output doesn’t work. No sound at all. Video working perfectly though.

Do I need any specific DSDT or framebuffer patches? ig-platform-id?

I think it is needed additional hardware tunings to unlock HDMI output. Should look into FreeBSD sound driver.

@Slice Need some help with this. Was previously using VoodooHDA for HDMI audio with my GT 710 which worked fine minus the odd stutter. Upgraded to an RX560 now and there's no output on any of the HDMI options listed. Any ideas? I can upload any needed info.

Screenshot 2018-04-16 22.40.36.png

Got garbled sound in earphone 

Notebook Asus X550VX i7 - 7700hq

with ALC255

not working with applealc  layout id  3, 13, 17, 18, 27, 28, 99

its is working with VoodooHDA but the new one 2.9.1 it much has low volume, but bad sound in earphone

codec dump linux

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pg2y76WvFYsO8vFY-2B_2OLyKMmkQ8Tg/view

latest debug

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2pjny4eq5r64ed8/debug_1383 (1).zip

23 minutes ago, Babiloe said:

Got garbled sound in earphone 

Notebook Asus X550VX i7 - 7700hq

with ALC255

not working with applealc  layout id  3, 13, 17, 18, 27, 28, 99

its is working with VoodooHDA but the new one 2.9.1 it much has low volume, but bad sound in earphone

codec dump linux

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pg2y76WvFYsO8vFY-2B_2OLyKMmkQ8Tg/view

latest debug

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2pjny4eq5r64ed8/debug_1383 (1).zip

You can try this one here 2.9.0

let me know if its better for you ?

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

You can try this one here 2.9.0

let me know if its better for you ?

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Still garbled sound in earphone.

The speaker is loud as previous. louder than 2.9.1 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, bronxteck said:

Have you tried adjusting the Khz in midi pref pane or editing the info plist to suit your needs. that sometimes corrects weird noise behavior.

Can you give thread link for example

update found the link 

Edited by Babiloe
Problem solved by midi

Posted (edited)

I need some help patching the nodes for my internal speakers on my new HP Envy 17-ae100.  I'm using VoodooHDA version 2.91 and I get sound out of the two Bang & Olufsen speakers but the sound is very thin and not the full range of sound that can be heard in Windows.  There are only 2 speakers and both are working.  Therefore, there are no nodes to patch unless the working speakers need to be patched to increase their sound range.  Any ideas?

Here's the config for the working speakers:

nid 23 0x90170110 as  1 seq  0 Speaker       Fixed Analog  N/A     Internal Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect

BTW, the Codec is Realtek ALC295

Edited by mnfesq

Posted (edited)

I'm finding problems with some apps like Bongiovi working with VoodooHDA (garbled or stuttery sound; sounds like the sound is being 90% chopped off, but some is still getting out as almost a rapid beat). Is there a way to troubleshoot this or get some help here to figure out what's wrong?

Edited by applCore

4 hours ago, applCore said:

I'm finding problems with some apps like Bongiovi working with VoodooHDA (garbled or stuttery sound; sounds like the sound is being 90% chopped off, but some is still getting out as almost a rapid beat). Is there a way to troubleshoot this or get some help here to figure out what's wrong?

It's only certain apps?  What are your system specs?  Are they powerful enough for the apps you're using?  If so, perhaps you can try adjusting the format using AudioMidi Setup.  Try reducing the format to a lower level of MHz.  The bottom line to me is that it is not clear that you have a problem with VoodooHDA, just a problem with your audio.

Posted (edited)

@mnfesq Bongiovi directly interacts with the audio and provides an extra output so that it modifies your audio system wide.

The system's definitely powerful enough (4 GHz i7 + 64 GB RAM). The base mobo is a ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha so the audio is a SupremeFX 2015 (All recommendations I see say either ALC1150 or VoodooHDA (which seems better or more reliable).)

The only audio problem that has manifested itself is with apps like this that enhance or modify the overall system audio, otherwise system audio is fine.

Edited by applCore

1 hour ago, applCore said:

@mnfesq Bongiovi directly interacts with the audio and provides an extra output so that it modifies your audio system wide.

The system's definitely powerful enough (4 GHz i7 + 64 GB RAM). The base mobo is a ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha so the audio is a SupremeFX 2015 (All recommendations I see say either ALC1150 or VoodooHDA (which seems better or more reliable).)

The only audio problem that has manifested itself is with apps like this that enhance or modify the overall system audio, otherwise system audio is fine.

I just tried installing Boom2 on my laptop because I was not happy with the audio quality and it also adds its own audio output device.  It really crackled and popped a lot.  It was basically unacceptable to me and not nearly as good as the VoodooHDA audio output.  I recommend trying a few different apps that add audio devices and see if they are consistently problematic or if they vary in their effect.  It's the only way to isolate whether Bongiovi's audio device does not work well with either VoodooHDA or your hardware.  You might also want to try to get AppleHDA to work just to see if it handles these third-party audio devices better.  Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD

Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver. 

With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last version of kx audio driver, and also by using apple developer documentation for pci and audio drivers as reference, i am working to achieve 2 things mainly: get all the cards supported by the driver to work with all the recent versions os macOS and add support for other cards that are not officially supported by the driver that works or could, but needs to be more properly supported.

This driver is made to support cards based on the E-mu 10k1, 10k2 and similars (like what is used by audigy rx and audigy 4 cards).

Supported cards are:

- most of the sound blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series
       - sound blaster 512
       - sound blaster 256
       - other creative and e-mu sound cards based on the 10k1 chip (cards with the ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 chips are not supported)
       - sound blaster Audigy series (1 st gen)
       - sound blaster Audigy 2  and audigy 2 zs series
       - E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip
       - Some Audigy 4 cards (SB0610 only) and the audigy 4 pro
       - Sound blaster Audigy RX (sb0155)
       - other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k2, 10k2,5 and CA10300 based cards)

NOT supported cards:

- Any ISA Sound card
       - ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
       - CMI8738/CMI8788 based cards
       - Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
       - Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
       - Any sound blaster recon3D
       - Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
       - Any sound blaster AE5 series

In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:

- increased the simple buffer frames number with different values for emu10k1 based cards and emu10k2 based cards (including recent audigy 4 and rx) to reduce and all the audio cracking issues and possibly fixing all of them on a lot of cards

- added a more proper support for the pci express sound blaster audigy rx (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip) 

- added more fancy names for the cards in the settings and other menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)

- added support to sample rate chaning and added lots of sample rates (from 8 khz to 176,4 khz) to accomodate any possible usecase (note that 10k1 sound cards are limited up to 48khz sample rate, and 10k2 based cards for now are limited up to 176,4 khz and because of issues getting 192 khz to work, for now the driver goes up to 176,4 khz for supported cards) 

- added boot args to manage the driver:

Boot args to use with the kx audio driver mod: -kx_disable or -kxdisable or -kxoff This will prevent the driver from doing any initialization work, so the driver is basically disabled, use it to boot your ssytem in case the driver is giving you issues and kernel panics while you are trying to boot/using your system, so you are able to remove this driver or replace it with another version of it or to do some truble shooting. -kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec Will show more debug info about the card, mainly the i/o port address and the kind of bus that it uses -kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta Will enable experimental and probably not working or unstable features like showing inputs for the card or 192 khz sampling rate, use it only for testing and debug purposes, this may likely cause instability and problems in the everyday usage! Use it at your own risk! -kx_original or -kxoriginal This will basically turn off almost all the mods of this mod, so the driver will come to work as it was before modding it, this can be usefoul as a "safe mode" like feture to have a working driver in case of problems with features of the mod, so using this means no crsking issues improvements, only 48 khz sample rate and only features of the non-modded kx audio driver for mac os x  
      - created a script file to use with the driver for debug and also installer replacement, it can be also used to unload and reload, replacement of the driver without rebooting

What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:

- I'd like mainly to add a more proper support to the pci bridge chip of the audigy rx,

- have audio inputs working,

- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,

- have the gameport/gameport midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out

If other developers would like to join and help me, you can, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.

link for the kext only (if you have clover put it in [your clover efi folder]/clover/kexts/[your macOS version]/ so it will not be deleted when updating macOS):
               - download from the downloads section:          kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 1.01                                                                                    - external download:                                      https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip   link for the installer pack (the best way to install it, but you have to reinstall it when you upgrade macOS, remeber to fix kext permitions and rebuild the kernelcache if you want to remove the kext from it's install directory without using the unistall feature of the provvided script):              - download:                                                   https://dl.dropboxus...aller pack.zip   Source code from Git Hub:          -  github repo:                                               https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver   NOTE: Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions  

• By ITzTravelInTime
      This driver is a mod of the popular kx audio driver for mac os x, the project goal is to still maintaining it for the future releases of mac os and to include as much cards as possible and to get all the features of the cards to work.

Currently the only features not supported are audio inputs and integrated midi and synth capabilitues of the cards, and some minor things like creative remote controllers or software controlled volume gears on creative external drives and bays)

It supports most the sound blaster live! series cards, the sound blaster PCI 512, most of the audigy (emu 10k2 based) series, audigy 1, audigy 2, audigy 2 zs, audigy 4 (SB0610), audigy 4 pro, audigy 5 and audigy rx (sb1550) and some e-mu edsp audio cards with all the recent versions of mac os, tested to work with mac os yosemite, el capitan, sierra and high sierra on intel based machines from socket 775 to 1151 (including enthusiast platforms like x58, x79, x99, x299) and also confirmed to work on mac pros.

reference topic:

Kx audio driver mod [sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]
    • By spectra
      Hi people, can someone help to put my HDMI sound working? I already tried different methods and I can't figure a way to fix this problem.   And another question, someone knows why the HDMI port just work if i use macbook pro 14,2 on smbios? Because my hardware is much more similar to 14,3.    
      thanks guys
      My system dump
      CLOVER.zip
      DarwinDumper_3.0.4_01.02_12.24.51_MacBookPro14,2_AMI_X64_4392_High Sierra_17D47.zip
    • By maxb2000
      Hi,

I have a problem with sound via HDMI on GTX 750 Ti. The sound only works after sleep I put and wake up the Hackintosh from sleep. The TV gets detected before sleep in the Sound Settings, but I want to play YouTube, Play Music or anything else there is no sound coming out. After sleep it's working without a problem. So in roder to get sound via HDMI I need to start the hackintosh, put it to sleep, wake it up and then I have sound.

The question is: Why the sound via HDMI doesn't work without sleep ?

You can find the the system specs in the signature.

Logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sAcqNZCI-luSzkCkikR39UO0HC4LVDe_

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XpVGbp77HF0R5vdUoyL9GzR2YoeLmxaH
    • By sunborn
      So I just got Yosemite up and virtualized in ESXi.

However, I am using workstation as a console like the KB says to do after 6.5.

So the benefit of the workstation is that sound can come out if you add the adapter. This works just fine with a window$ VM. (BTW the documentation says it shouldn't work)

In the yosemite VM it just produces a white-noise static when the sounds should be played.

This tells me that it is a driver issue, and should be able to work in theory.

However, does anyone have experience with VMWare workstation and the sound in OS X?

Thanks,