New Macbook Pro = BootCamp woes

o2bthecream

5 posts in this topic

So last night I plunked down some green at my local Apple store for a brand new 'Core 2 Duo' MacBook Pro. As soon as I got it home I installed BootCamp 1.1.1 beta and a fresh copy of Windows XP Professional. Yes, it made me feel so dirty inside. Anyway several things do not work. They are as follows:

Wireless Drivers for the new Core 2 MacBook Pro are not included in BootCamp 1.1.1 beta. If you want your wireless working before Apple releases an updated BootCamp, get them here.

http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?...p;sec=0#drivers

Apparently Dlink is kind enough to use the same Atheros chipset in their wireless adapter. Works great, I'm using it right now.

The Apple Keyboard driver included in BootCamp 1.1.1 beta does not install. So basically I lose eject key functionality. What's worse is that InputRemapper doesn't seem to be working either.

Other than those two issues functionality in Windows XP is great. Installed the latest Omega drivers for the Radeon and get around 3700 in 3dMark 05.

-o2b

if you want to eject a disk just right click eject OR click the drive and go to options of something (I forget because im in OSX right now) and there should be an option to eject.

lol I didn't mean to imply that I couldn't eject a disc. Merely that the consequence of the keyboard driver not working is that the eject key on the keyboard does not do anything. I have no problems using alternate methods to eject a CD, but thanks anyway Bartboy.

-o2b