Need your opinion.

4 posts in this topic

Im looking into buying another laptop soon - and I thought for sure I wanted a Macbook Pro - but after taking a little field trip to the Apple store - Im not so sure...I really like my Acer Travelmate 8104 and i was looking to go to a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 or The new Acer 8204 - both around the same price. What I don't like about the macbooks are the keyboards, the 6x Dvd drive, and all the unused space - it seems like the keyboard is an inch away from the screen and then it ends halfway down the body of the computer so you have a mile of nothin then a touch pad.

Now I do like the new magnetic plug - and the concept behind that but im wondering if the Acer is exactly like the mac with a better layout, more memory, and an 8x/16x dvd drive - if thats the better buy and just load Mac-OS on it. Whats your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

the laptop is designed so that you have more room for palm rest. It actually feels pretty comfortable typing on MacBook Pro's keyboard. I'm looking at pictures of the Acer and it also looks like there's a lot of dead space for palm rest (with alot of stickers) so I don't know why you're complaining about it. The reason why the keyboard is closer to the screen on the MBP is because of the much smaller bezel on the MBP as well as the submerged hinge design minimizing the overall size of the machine.

• 3 months later...

I responded to that in another topic but...

The MBP has a way better screen than the TM8204. TM8204 screen is dim, has lines, leaks light, and up to the latest Bios updates also had a graining problem.

From what I have seen in stores, the MBP's screen is leaps and bounds ahead of the TM8204.