pinarek

xtrafinder 0.25.8 latest Build Dec. 2015 say "Beta has expired"

67 posts in this topic

xtrafinder 0.25.8 latest version of Dez.2015

Since 2 days notify the xtrafinder 0.25.8 of Trankynam (who has probably forgotten to develop after the beta Expirezeit a new version)

in all Mac OS X versions, so in Yosemite and EC that the Beta expired ... although no new version is available for download.

Can anyone confirm? and how can you stop that, these constant messages after every restart? wants to use you.

Advertisement

Same problem here:

XtraFinder 0.25.8

OSX 10.10.5

The problem first began on 1st August.

I found this advice on the Tran Ky Nam Software support page, but it does not solve the problem:

I got message "XtraFinder Beta has expired!"
Please download the latest version, run Uninstall.app and reinstall again.

I have sent to an email describing the problem to Tran Ky Nam Software.

I will reply to this thread if I get a reply.

This software doesn't seem to be as updated as it once was. Plus there's all kinds of bugs including issues with SIP (even if you disable it, it goes on popping up dialogs about disabling it) features don't work anymore (folders on top, which is the big one!), etc. I stopped using this months ago due to the issues.

Thanks for the info Richard737

And what Super Donkey writes I can not confirm ... things used properly and if you sip on CSR 0x67 or 07 ask then is no window with SIP Warnumg more!

There is not much support, if any, left for this app.  I am having this issue as well and am considering uninstalling it and just using TotalFinder, which still is being updated.  It works pretty much like Xtrafinder but is not free.  That said, one of the main features that people want, folders on top, is now native with Sierra so a third-party app is not needed for that feature.  Other features, like an up arrow in the toolbar, cut and paste, show hidden files, and split windows still require a third-party app.

Mnfesq... Yes all right.. Only that totalfinder Not can Remove the . Files from Desktop !!.

This Feature is verry importent for me.

Mnfesq... Yes all right.. Only that totalfinder Not can Remove the . Files from Desktop !!.

This Feature is verry importent for me.

$ dot_clean ~/Desktop/
~/Library/Preferences/com.trankynam.XtraFinder.plist

SUEnableAutomaticChecks

LOL none of them work :wallbash:

Edited by cecekpawon

cecekpawon ... thanks for the tip .. but that is as non-expert too complicated for me as it is described in your link there.

Can you offer me a simple solution?

Thank you very .. I would like to use the xtrafinder on.

mnfesq.....  yes you have right, the total finder is a excellent alternative for xtrafinder.

i have buy this Tool and the dot-File is empty on my Desktop.

Great Tool !!!

My main use for XtraFinder is Features/Automatically adjust width of columns.

Anyone know of a alternative program for this?

mnfesq - Thanks for the info about TotalFinder.

It does automatically adjust width of columns.

TotalFinder Preferences/File Browser/Automatically adjust width in Column View

I'm using the 14-day trial.

The price is:

$11.99

£9.31

http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/

Hi guys I have the same problem with Xtra finder. Do you confirm that Total finder works with SIP enabled (0x28 -0x67)?

Thanks.

It requires the same SIP settings as Xtrafinder.

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/XtraFinder.osax/Contents/MacOS/XtraFinder

Find: 41ffd74839d87521
Replace: 41ffd74839d8eb21

No, sorry. You can load target file and do find replace with any hex editor. Follow the guide to fix app signing problem :)

No, sorry. You can load target file and do find replace with any hex editor. Follow the guide to fix app signing problem :)

So this worked fine for me.  Thank you.  Oh, and THANK YOU for not posting the .osax file and making me do it myself.  While it would have saved me some time had you posted it, I would not have had the opportunity to learn how to sign an app.  The hex edit was also very simple.  

But for those that haven't done it before, you should copy the .oasx file to your desktop and edit that one and replace it so you don't have a read-only issue.  Also, to do the code signing, I had to give myself read/write permissions first. Without that, I got permission denied when I tried to sign the .oasx file. (I suppose a sudo entry would have accomplished the same thing.)

Hey guys-new Xtrafinder 0.25.9 available now on macupdate free edition working great in sierra DP7-see link below !:

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/42067/xtrafinder#

Great! Thanks for the link.

I've just installed it. No "XtraFinder Beta has expired!" message.

I did this:

1. I backed up my modified XtraFinder application in case the new version did not work.

2. Uninstalled XtraFinder with the included "Uninstall" file.

3. Used Find Any File to search for any extra files that the uninstaller might have missed. Deleted them.

4. Emptied the Trash.

5. Rebooted.

6. XtraFinder loaded without the error message.

I am getting an error in Finder the first time I open it after reboot.  I get an option to continue with the error and everything seems to work fine.  When I uninstall xtrafinder, the error goes away.