kylon

Cloud Clover Editor (CCE) [Clover, Ozmosis, Chameleon, OpenCore]

121 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Now i found another bug when i generate a SMBIOS.

Family is "Macbook Pro" not "MacbookPro" with no space between this 2 words.

ok i checked clover wiki.

<key>Family</key>
<string>MacBookAir</string>

it seens Clover Configurator Error.

Thanks for your work.

:D  :D  :D

Hi kylon.

I found the Family in SMBIOS should have a space between Macbook and Pro/Air.

Look Here

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3948/tree//rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/platformdata.c#l369

Clover sourcecode showed family data.

thanx for your hard work.

Hi kylon.

I have found another smbios update.

Macbook Pro 8,1 BootROM is MBP81.88Z.0047.B2C.1510261540 rather than MBP81.88Z.0047.B2A.1506082203.

Hope you may fix it.

Thanks.

Hi kylon.

I have found another smbios update.

Macbook Pro 8,1 BootROM is MBP81.88Z.0047.B2C.1510261540 rather than MBP81.88Z.0047.B2A.1506082203.

Hope you may fix it.

Thanks.

Seemed that this caused nothing on our hackintosh build cuz we are not real Macs and thus we don't need it. And using a legacy version can make everything work well too.

Note that this will not cause annoying SMC update. A SMC update is only related to a wrong SMC version.

Seemed that this caused nothing on our hackintosh build cuz we are not real Macs and thus we don't need it. And using a legacy version can make everything work well too.

Note that this will not cause annoying SMC update. A SMC update is only related to a wrong SMC version.

You are wrong.

If BootROM is lower it will always download Firmware on our EFI/Apple and can't reduce it.

So,It's better to update it.

I know it maybe have no need on hackitonsh but way not make our laptop more perfect?

You are wrong.

If BootROM is lower it will always download Firmware on our EFI/Apple and can't reduce it.

So,It's better to update it.

I know it maybe have no need on hackitonsh but way not make our laptop more perfect?

Nope. SMC Firmware update is just related to SMC version settings that is controlled by FakeSMC.

Since you are using a hackintiosh build and then you don't use real Mac's BIOS. So this can do nothing. It may just change some entries in System Report. Nothing more.

Nope. SMC Firmware update is just related to SMC version settings that is controlled by FakeSMC.

Since you are using a hackintiosh build and then you don't use real Mac's BIOS. So this can do nothing. It may just change some entries in System Report. Nothing more.

First,i know you mean.

I want to say SMC Rev is nothing with our hackintosh but it can make our hackintosh looks more comfortable,aren't they?just like you dress beautiful clothes.

But the BootROM is related to our hackintosh because if BootROM is not updated,the macOS will download the firmware automaticly to "EFI/Apple/Firmware" and will also download if you delete it.so the BootROM is needed for our hackintosh and the smc rev can make our hackintosh more like a native macOS and more comfortable,so i suggest to update it.

So,please stop it.

Thanks.

First,i know you mean.

I want to say SMC Rev is nothing with our hackintosh but it can make our hackintosh looks more comfortable,aren't they?just like you dress beautiful clothes.

But the BootROM is related to our hackintosh because if BootROM is not updated,the macOS will download the firmware automaticly to "EFI/Apple/Firmware" and will also download if you delete it.so the BootROM is needed for our hackintosh and the smc rev can make our hackintosh more like a native macOS and more comfortable,so i suggest to update it.

So,please stop it.

Thanks.

I think you got misplaced.

SMC Rev is an SMC Key, if this is not latest then will get an update about SMC firmware update. You can fix this by editing FakeSMC/C*/Info.plist. And kozlek's fork of FakeSMC can get a proper key via Clover.

BootROM is just a useless but necessary part located in SMBios part. If this is wrong then will cause nothing.

hello kylon.

I have found you commit some data about smbios.

post-1140626-0-70328100-1480857925_thumb.png

MacBookPro8,1 smc rev is 1.69f4 not 1.68f99.

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3945/tree//rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/platformdata.c#l803

you can change smbios data according this page.

post-1140626-0-29042600-1480857967_thumb.png

https://support.apple.com/zh-cn/HT201518this page some data are not updated.

It is changed in commit 3953

You're right.

I checked macbookpro8,1 8,2 8,3 from official smc files.

Clover platformdata has correct data.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

hello kylon.

I have found you commit some data about smbios.

attachicon.gifQQ20161204-0@2x.png

MacBookPro8,1 smc rev is 1.69f4 not 1.68f99.

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3945/tree//rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/platformdata.c#l803

you can change smbios data according this page.

attachicon.gif3.png

https://support.apple.com/zh-cn/HT201518this page some data are not updated.

You have to use 8,2 smbios if you want 69f04

You're right.

I checked macbookpro8,1 8,2 8,3 from official smc files.

Clover platformdata has correct data.

You have to use 8,2 smbios if you want 69f04

Thanks very much for your hard work.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thank you for update smbios all mac models. We can see model information easily now :)

Have a nice day.

Add. I see MacBookPro13,3 has not graphic information in Your update. Only have HD530

Have to include Radeon Pro 450, 455, 460 info.

@Sherlocks

thanks - added.

There s a new link in op (altervista)

It is faster and it should be more stable than sf.

Thanks.

I updated firmware information in latest clover commit.

I want to take a point. That is bios date.

Some apple products use other format.

Month/day/year.

Year format important.

You can see what i said in latest commit.

Sorry my english.

Have a nice day

hello @kylon

i want to help smbios info

first.

Location In Chassis

all models has "Part Component"

imac13,3 detail specs

here

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i3-3.3-21-inch-aluminum-early-2013-education-specs.html

everymac inform 13,1 product name, but it's wrong. anyway you need to write spec from link above

macbookpro13,3 has AMD Radeon Pro 450 / AMD Radeon Pro 455 / AMD Radeon Pro 460. right. also HD 530 

http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook-pro/specs/

Merry Christmas :)

add. Macbook 1,2 -> MacBook Pro 1,2

post-980913-0-71627100-1482681992_thumb.png

Merry Christmas

@Sherlocks

Your help is much appreciated :)

Can you explain "part component"?

Thanks